Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
  1. #31
    Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,542
    Yeah at 1000 tp rudras not only isn't that great but isn't the best dagger ws. That said it's buff was still a lot better than what club/axe got. Swd was at least a decent upgrade
    (0)

  2. #32
    Player Tidis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    435
    Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    At 1000tp I'd say it still beats the likes of Evisceration and Extenerator, I don't have the mythic or relic WS, laziness ftw but I assume Mercy Stroke is ahead of Rudra's at 1000TP but Rudra's quickly overtakes it as you approach 1750tp (or 2000 for you non TP bonus Moonshaders).
    (0)

  3. #33
    Player Nebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Thief
    Posts
    475
    Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    At 1000tp I'd say it still beats the likes of Evisceration and Extenerator, I don't have the mythic or relic WS, laziness ftw but I assume Mercy Stroke is ahead of Rudra's at 1000TP but Rudra's quickly overtakes it as you approach 1750tp (or 2000 for you non TP bonus Moonshaders).
    Eh, with Moonshade and the constant over TP (you'll almost never ws right at 1000 TP), it's close enough to say you can comfortably Rudra's all the things. For most intents and purposes it's the best unstacked WS for THF.

    A couple ppl I know with Vajra say that Mandalic Stab is slighty behind but allows more SC options so it depends on which SC you are closing.

    I'm seeing reports on FFXIAH so far that Mandau is even behind Iz/Atoyac atm...which is sad if it's true. But I don't know if the dust has truly settled with the new numbers and updated spread sheets yet?
    (0)
    Last edited by Nebo; 12-20-2014 at 04:39 AM.

  4. #34
    Player Ulth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    578
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    All fair, and my complaint is more of a wishful whine, and admittedly so, I just am envious seeing Thfs with weaker gear than I outparse me, that's all, but it's not like I'm crying foul, not really, Thfs with better gear have been outparsed by people with worse gear for a long time previously, fair is fair, I just wish we would've rode the wave up as high as Thf did, s'all.

    I'm not calling for a nerf, or even a CDC buff really, that's just casual envy talking.

    My actual complaints and desires focus more around Blu's utility, reducing set point costs so we can bring utility to a group along with our DD setup, enhancing buff durations so we don't have to reapply so insanely often what would otherwise be good buffs, etc.
    That mostly has to do with gear that is good for sneak attack and trick attack. When you are gearing for that you want all the crit damage you can get, so for ilvl your options are af reforged +1 or Espial. Espial is easy to get, so to you it seems like they are under geared but really they are using the second best armor set for it.

    But I do agree blu needs a little more things done. Chain Affinity needs a shorter recast, as does diffusion. And blu could also do with some extend spell duration gear.
    (1)

  5. #35
    Player Selindrile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    628
    Character
    Selindrile
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I am aware of and gear options and what stats affect which abilities, I'm saying I have more optimal gear, they have considerably lesso and outparse me.

    That said, previous to this update the reverse was true, Thfs with more optimal gear than I were out parsed by nearly all DDs, unless the gear disparity was quite notable.

    Anyway, I'm aware, and I'm not calling for a Rudra's nerf, nor am I claiming a CDC buff is necessary (though I'll admit I had high hopes, but they took it off the buff list last minute, which made me sad) I just am idly wishing CDC had been buffed more, that's all.

    But yeah, Blu could definitely do with some quality of life utility things like buff duration, which would marginally help their DD (not having to reapply Nature's Meditation as often for example) but certainly wouldn't be a huge buff DD wise, would just make it more enjoyable to play, considerably.
    (0)

  6. #36
    Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    At 1000tp I'd say it still beats the likes of Evisceration and Extenerator, I don't have the mythic or relic WS, laziness ftw but I assume Mercy Stroke is ahead of Rudra's at 1000TP but Rudra's quickly overtakes it as you approach 1750tp (or 2000 for you non TP bonus Moonshaders).
    Unstacked evisceration usually wins for me at 1000 tp. And stacked MS will win depending on overflow. Of course when you do stacked Rudras you want to do it at 1750 so depending on your haste you might not be able get an extra 1000 tp ws between the SA TA rudras. Actually even unstacked you'd never want to do rudras at 1000 since even without stacking you're better off at 1750 since dmg more than doubles. Man stab is also pretty good enough so that if you are hurting on attack it can pull ahead
    (0)

  7. #37
    Player Atomic_Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,247
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    They need to buff Mercy Stroke a little, it used to be that MS was better at 1000 tp while Rudras was better at 2000TP and higher. Now Rudras is just clearly better by a wide margin at any TP. Either that, or buff the relic aftermath on Mandau so that the lower damage from Mercy Stroke is justified, +5% critical hit rate for 20 seconds doesn't make MS a viable WS when Rudra's is available.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post

    A couple ppl I know with Vajra say that Mandalic Stab is slighty behind but allows more SC options so it depends on which SC you are closing.
    Mandalic has a large attack bonus which justifies it's lower damage.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 12-21-2014 at 05:52 PM.

  8. #38
    Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    They need to buff Mercy Stroke a little, it used to be that MS was better at 1000 tp while Rudras was better at 2000TP and higher. Now Rudras is just clearly better by a wide margin at any TP. Either that, or buff the relic aftermath on Mandau so that the lower damage from Mercy Stroke is justified, +5% critical hit rate for 20 seconds doesn't make MS a viable WS when Rudra's is available.
    They did buff MS. At true 1000 tp it's actually decently better than Rudra's... but since everyone and there mother picks tp bonus earring and there is overflow realistically anytime you use it Rudra's will be about the same to better because MS gets nothing from extra tp while that extra from the tp bonus earring literally increases Rudra's dmg by 37.5%. This is further compounded by the fact that since going from 1000-2000 increases rudras dmg by 150% and thf/dnc have medium recast jas that increase dmg that you wont want to rudra's at 1000 anyways
    (0)

  9. #39
    Player Classikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    17
    Character
    Wakmidget
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    They did buff MS. At true 1000 tp it's actually decently better than Rudra's... but since everyone and there mother picks tp bonus earring and there is overflow realistically anytime you use it Rudra's will be about the same to better because MS gets nothing from extra tp while that extra from the tp bonus earring literally increases Rudra's dmg by 37.5%. This is further compounded by the fact that since going from 1000-2000 increases rudras dmg by 150% and thf/dnc have medium recast jas that increase dmg that you wont want to rudra's at 1000 anyways
    What they should do is just make aftermath a static buff for just having the weapon main-handed. And change Mercy Stroke to "Damage varies with TP". That would help Mercy Stroke a lot. At least than Mercy Stroke wouldn't suffer from the 1000 TP "damage cap", so to speak.
    (0)
    Last edited by Classikal; 01-02-2015 at 11:35 AM.

  10. #40
    Player Ulth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    578
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Classikal View Post
    What they should do is just make aftermath a static buff for just having the weapon main-handed. And change Mercy Stroke to "Damage varies with TP". That would help Mercy Stroke a lot. At least than Mercy Stroke wouldn't suffer from the 1000 TP "damage cap", so to speak.
    I'm more concerned about the mythic weaponskill over the relic one. Granted that the damage of Mandalic Stab is head and tails over Mercy Stroke, and I don't think it should be better than Rudra's all the time, but it should at least be better if you have the mythic dagger. Like at 1000 tp their ftp is pretty close. Mandalic Stab has 5.0 and Rudra's is 6.0, but with Vajra's +30% damage for Mandalic stab it's more like 6.5. So like that without Varja it's worst, but with it, it's better. Only at 2000 tp Mandalic barely has any improvement, while Rudra's shoots up like a rocket.

    I do like what they have done with Rudra's though. Before it pretty much all weaponskills had the best damage per tp at 1000tp, but the way they made the ftp at 2000 2.5 times as much as the ftp at 1000 makes it so thf can hold tp for timers and skillchaining. To me this has made the game much more enjoyable. I recently did a Marjami ravine delve. The set up was whm, brd, thf, nin, mnk, rdm. On the MB nin opened with Blade: Hi, thf closed with Rudra's, and the rdm magic burst earth. It was a beautiful display of teamwork, and I loved it.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Tags for this Thread