Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I'm curious why capacity point bonus is the last one of each.... allowing you to get CP faster after you've already gotten all the gifts from it. Nice for the jobs that have enough JPs worth getting after getting that many but for the rest meh
    Well 95 Job Points will cap you in 1 category and get you to level 8 in another. You'd still have 2 more increases in that one category and 10 in 4 others. So plenty of room to use more job points.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Also, a 'gift' suggests something freely given, not earned. If we have to slog through thousands of hrs of CP farm they should be called "Payments".
    I think it means gifted, as in talented. That person has gifts, they have talents. They are gifted, they are talented.

I'm curious why capacity point bonus is the last one of each.... allowing you to get CP faster after you've already gotten all the gifts from it. Nice for the jobs that have enough JPs worth getting after getting that many but for the rest meh
    My memory is a bit sketchy but I think they already said the maximum tier/bracket for Job Points will go from 10 to 20. Again, I can't remember but they might have mentioned 20 to 30 too.

The [Su1] obviously means there will be [Su2] etc. My casual speculation is that we will see Job Points tier/bracket go to 20,30,40,50. And each bracket expansion will be accompanied by [Su2]-->[Su5]. Higher tiers of [Su] will have mega-uber gear, and require soul-destroyingly huge amounts of CAP.

This is just speculation!
    (0)
    Last edited by Stompa; 11-28-2014 at 10:06 AM.

Character
    Celoria
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Anyone else notice the complete and utter lack of attempt to fix drk?
    The lowest ACC and DEF buff out of all the melee jobs, just me or should we be getting more physical acc than m. acc
    Kinda like the wtf moment when I saw sam getting m. acc +2

Pretty sure SE dev team was just throwing darts on a board when they came up with the stats on these.

Job Name Effect Job Points Needed
    Dark Knight Physical Defense Bonus Increases physical defense by 4. 5
    Capacity Point Bonus Increases acquired capacity points by 5%. 5
    Physical Attack Bonus Increases physical and ranged attack by 15. 10
    Physical Evasion Bonus Increases physical evasion by 3. 20
    Capacity Point Bonus Increases acquired capacity points by 5%. 25
    Physical Accuracy Bonus Increases physical and ranged accuracy by 3. 30
    Magic Evasion Bonus Increases magic evasion by 6. 45
    Superior 1 Enables the player to equip items marked as Superior 1 (Su1). 50
    Capacity Point Bonus Increases acquired capacity points by 5%. 55
    Magic Accuracy Bonus Increases magic accuracy by 6. 60
    Dark Magic Skill Bonus Increases dark magic skill by 5. 80
    Capacity Point Bonus Increases acquired capacity points by 5%. 95
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I think it means gifted, as in talented. That person has gifts, they have talents. They are gifted, they are talented.

My memory is a bit sketchy but I think they already said the maximum tier/bracket for Job Points will go from 10 to 20. Again, I can't remember but they might have mentioned 20 to 30 too.

The [Su1] obviously means there will be [Su2] etc. My casual speculation is that we will see Job Points tier/bracket go to 20,30,40,50. And each bracket expansion will be accompanied by [Su2]-->[Su5]. Higher tiers of [Su] will have mega-uber gear, and require soul-destroyingly huge amounts of CAP.

This is just speculation!
    I'm looking forward to it. But I'm also the type of person that hopes that one day SE will make some awesome piece of JSE gear that requires some epic solo quest (solo, as in no trusts, no companion, nothing) that is specifically tailored to that job and by completing it it shows that you are a master of that job.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    Maybe in anticipation of the point increase from 10 to 30 per trait? People will need a lot of cp at that point.
    maybe but how many months have they already been dangling that in front of us? Until they give us a set date I wouldn't count on it... I mean they said they were working on monstrosity parties almost 2 years ago when it was released...
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Well 95 Job Points will cap you in 1 category and get you to level 8 in another. You'd still have 2 more increases in that one category and 10 in 4 others. So plenty of room to use more job points.
    Um you might want to reread what I wrote that you quoted as the 2nd sentence talks about why it can still be a problem for some jobs
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Celoria View Post
    Anyone else notice the complete and utter lack of attempt to fix drk?
    Would you really want DRK (or any job) to be "fixed" with job points?
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    maybe but how many months have they already been dangling that in front of us? Until they give us a set date I wouldn't count on it... I mean they said they were working on monstrosity parties almost 2 years ago when it was released...
    New UI, Cait Sith, Atomos, Monstrosity Parties, etc, etc etc.
    (0)

Character
    Celoria
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Would you really want DRK (or any job) to be "fixed" with job points?
    Does it really matter if it is fixed with job points or new game mechanics as long as jobs are getting fixed? I realize it would take longer to get the job fixed by having to farm of job points but at least the job will get fixed some.
    SE keeps claiming balance but there is no balance in the game as far as job use goes.
    (1)

10. 11-30-2014 01:47 AM

Character
    Carcer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    My confusion is this:
    I have BLU job points at 7 azure lore, 8 blue magic point bonus, 1 unbridled wisdom, and 1 burst affinity. Does this mean I have 1+1+1+1+2+2+3+3+4+4+5+5+6+6+7+7+8=71 in job points or just 17? That's a HUGE difference. to me it's obvious it'll be retroactive (as doing the math this way, there can only be a max total of 60 "points" in blue mage total) but the actual JP needed is obviously much higher.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast