Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    PLEAAAASE make it so PLD/RUN can go like 3 points over hate cap of the other jobs if they put enough into their gifts.
    (1)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well in case you haven't heard the news already, there's another double capacity points campaign happening starting Wednesday the 10th.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    If you guys aren't going to balance jobs properly, you at least need to make capacity points accessible to all jobs at something remotely resembling the same rate. I'm encouraged to hear that you intend for capacity points to be earned through actually doing content, rather than horrifying merit-style slogs, but there are still a significant number of jobs that just don't get proper access to content. Increasing capacity point bonuses is good (though please not on equipment... honestly...), but you're also going to be increasing the amount of capacity points we actually need, so I'm not convinced it will help.

I am not happy that certain equipment will only be accessible via job points. 50JP is already going to suck to earn as SMN, though it is doable. Naturally there will be more of this JP gear nonsense in the future, though, so what am I looking at here? 100JP for Su2? 500JP for Su5? 1000JP for Su-make-SMN-not-suck?

Also, I'm still wondering what happened to your statement that job points being light touches for jobs that can be earned at leisure. Making equipment require job points makes them mandatory. That isn't what you promised.

(General SE-related "you" throughout and not aimed at the wonderful Grekumah, of course.)
    This. For people who play jobs that are not welcome in higher tier content... this will just make those jobs suck EVEN MORE compared to wanted jobs. There really needs to be more balance here. It's crappy enough being a BST, but then making it so BST falls even farther behind unless you solo grind it for hundreds of hours for job points is just fun killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    Pets are useless in endgame until they receive party buffs. I think that's what it comes down to.
    PUP really doesn't offer much that other jobs can't do better. I'd probably get invited as DRG over PUP anyday. I'm hoping that the JA delay changes will help though.
    I recently jumped servers, so it could also just be that I had a bad experience on Valefor. I didn't want to get into personal reasons for not participating, just that I was echoing Jerbob's sentiment that all jobs need to feel like they can easily access content that gives CPs.
    This too. Seriously. Enough is enough, let pets get buffs.
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

I suspect Gifts might help strengthen our pets somewhat, which is nice but lame at the same time if it's meant as a "fix."
    That means a lot of work for pet job players, to get up to anywhere near the level a regular job achieves just by walking into a battlefield and being buffed by support jobs.
    This really goes against the whole "job points are meant to get casually as you play the game, to further tweak your favorite job." Well, but you don't really. Lower-level content, Campaign, quests, missions, Monstrosity, Mog Garden stuff, crafting, etc. doesn't give CPs. I guess I better take advantage of the double CP event this time.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mitruya; 12-06-2014 at 10:59 PM. Reason: typo

5. 12-06-2014 10:28 AM

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Well in case you haven't heard the news already, there's another double capacity points campaign happening starting Wednesday the 10th.
    If they make it permanent then they'll be on to something. We don't need special campaigns. We need for the day-to-day game to become more productive. Right now, as best as I can tell on my server, people only care about doing CP during the campaigns (and even then it's not all that popular). Otherwise they do other stuff. We need for people to want to do it all the time if it's going to become the new means of character progression.
    (5)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    If they make it permanent then they'll be on to something. We don't need special campaigns. We need for the day-to-day game to become more productive.
    While I agree 110%, in all fairness, in the past 1.5 months we've had more up time of the 2x campaign than not, or at least nearly equal. Too lazy to check the exact dates. Perhaps we're not far from it going to the norm, much like the 2x Salvage Plans campaign did.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    If they make it permanent then they'll be on to something. We don't need special campaigns. We need for the day-to-day game to become more productive. Right now, as best as I can tell on my server, people only care about doing CP during the campaigns (and even then it's not all that popular). Otherwise they do other stuff. We need for people to want to do it all the time if it's going to become the new means of character progression.
    People doing it during the double campaigns for about the same reason people exchange gifts on Christmas--because it's special and limited. If capacity points rates were doubled permanently, that would become the new normal and the goalposts would shift so that people would resume complaining.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    While it still needs more pets are doing fairly well right now. Auto can do some fun stuff and be rather resilient with it's cannibal blade spamming, smn has some nice buffs and will get more soon and does awesome hate free spike dmg and possibility of skillchains (though they really should have given the lvl 70 bps a lvl 2 and lvl 3 property instead of 1 and 2), and bst is okish dmg and finally has ready moves worth using and got a nice chunk of hp.

The main problem is as stuff gets harder because of buffability pets often just can't hit. SEs solution is just to give pets innate buffs and awesome pet food but there is no way to do that and make it balanced. Either they will have to make it so pets with just food and maybe some gear will be able to have hit rates and haste values similar to buffed DDs, at which point outside of fights where you need certain buffs to survive why use pets or need a bit faster dmg, or leave them lower and simple unable to even hit targets. Well except for autos cannibal blading though there melee dps will suffer and avatars will still be able to magic bp well.

One thing they can do if they are so bent on not letting buffs apply to pets is at least add more gear that gives acc/macc/dt etc to all the pet jobs. Like yeah it's nice bst jugs can land debuffs but on higher tier stuff they can't without -meva because they get no pet macc gear. Pup needs a lot more pet acc and even more so racc gear since they've pretty much ignored the rng auto. Avatars need a lot more pet dt... especially ones that allow them to still maintain high amounts of smning skill/-perp rate to make avatars favor actually usable.

Could also boost the cor rolls a lot. Like double the potency of some of them and maybe add a haste one and defensive ones. And fix the acc/att ones to actually do ratt/racc too. Maybe make them able to be targeted by single target buffs

Expanding JPs and finally raising the limit to 30 would also help a lot particularly bst. Also at the very least make the gifts apply to both the master and pet. It's not game breaking to allow both to get another 7 acc after spending tons of jp. It is kinda dumb to given smn things evasion and def instead of the avatar when 99% of the time they it wont matter
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 12-07-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6