Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

[dev1243]: Question on Gifts.

So it looks kinda interesting but I'm confused on the implementation.

Are these new things you buy with job points or are they traits you just get after spending job points on other things? So, on Monk, I have 61 job points spent and 200 stored up. I look on the table for Monk and it says

Physical Defense Bonus --- 5 job points
    Capacity Point Bonus +5% --- 5 job points
    Physical Attack Bonus --- 10 job points
    Physical Evasion Bonus --- 20 job points
    Capacity Points Bonus +5% --- 25 job points
    Physical Accuracy Bonus --- 30 job points
    Magic Evasion Bonus --- 45 job points
    Superior 1 -- 50 job points
    Capacity Point Bonus +5% --- 55 job points
    Magic Accuracy Bonus -- 60 job points
    Guarding Skill Bonus -- 80 job points
    Capacity Points Bonus -- 95 job points

Firstly, I assume these Capacity Point Bonuses are cumulative? As in, if I got all the Gifts on this table, I'd get +20% job points?

Secondly, and here's my big question. Are these things we buy or do we get automatically for spending job points on other things? Like, with the 61 I spent so far on Monk, would I get everything on that table except for the last two items?

Also, is all this stuff job specific? If I got everything on the table and got +20% capacity points, would I still be at no capacity point bonus for White Mage?
    (0)

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Agreed - it reads like you would unlock these as you spent the job points on other aspects of your char; even calling them 'gifts' would imply that I think.

I'm a bit disappointed, however - I've not really got involved with the grind for job points as I believed it was a category of minor enhancements, points for which were gained whilst doing other content. Now it seems that it is getting more important, up to there being a type of equipment that can't even be used until you've spent 50 job points (and I assume on that one job). Looks like I'll have to revise my opinion of what JPs are all about.

Art.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I dunno. These still look like fairly minor improvements, much like the rest of job points.
    (0)

Character
    Solacia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The Superior 1 category is going to be for equipping special gear. That will probably be pretty important depending on what the gear is like.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The CAP bonus is cumulative, wouldn't be any point adding 5%s in later tiers if you already had 5% in the early tier.

My guess is the bonuses only apply to the job you have the job points on. And that you get the Gift Traits automatically if you have the job points already.

Judging by these info dispatches today, I would guess that the reason for the rather underwhelming effort/reward ratio in job points is that it unlocks a sort of JSE ilvl system, with tiered gear Superior 1, Superior 2 etc. with astronomical amounts of xp required to reach the higher tiers of gear. If I'm right, this would be a marked improvement on regular ilvl, for one thing any mule can get lvl 99 and 119 ilvl with relatively minor effort, but if you have the Superior 1,2,3 tiers it means you really put a lot of time and effort into playing this job. It sort of reminds me of the lvl 75 ancient days, when having 75 meant you had a lot of time spent on that job and were at least relatively pro at that job or you wouldn't have got 75 in the first place. Except of course this new system would be far more so.
    (3)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As long as these gifts are retroactive, they are pure bonus. Well done IMO. If they will only be implemented on future job points spent, it is a giant fail since so many people have grinded JP for the jobs they want already. I'm pretty confident it's the former though, which means they should be automatic based on how many points have been spent.
    (0)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I have all the same questions. I have spent, at this point, literally weeks grinding for job points for my most played jobs. I really don't want to see this play out as the merits to merit merits so we can hold more merits situation. Granted, when the "Please remember that we're going to take all these things to 30", comes to fruition (please don't make this 5 years down the road like cait and atomos!), these things would be rather nice. To cap each category takes 56 job points from 0 to done (just in case anyone didn't know the current total). If you can get to that 30 20% faster that's great, but to grind 95 points before you start on the other things for the job is just cruel.

Also, a 'gift' suggests something freely given, not earned. If we have to slog through thousands of hrs of CP farm they should be called "Payments".
    (1)
    Last edited by Kavik; 11-28-2014 at 03:41 AM.
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I do hope these are retroactive or I'm in a lot of trouble on my incursion jobs. That place generates a lot of CP if you run it enough (especially during double CP).
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'm curious why capacity point bonus is the last one of each.... allowing you to get CP faster after you've already gotten all the gifts from it. Nice for the jobs that have enough JPs worth getting after getting that many but for the rest meh
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Maybe in anticipation of the point increase from 10 to 30 per trait? People will need a lot of cp at that point.
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast