Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I thought JPs weren't supposed to be mandatory or "fix" jobs

To make my automaton stronger and more accurate, I need to have spent 80 job points?
    @.@ Holy bleepin' cow.
    And this is on a job that rarely gets invites.
    Is this going to be mandatory to FINALLY make PUP acceptable to parties?
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Just because something exists doesn't mean it's required. It's a boost of what, 15 accuracy and 10 defense? That's not gonna make or break you....
    (0)

Good point. I was just thinking that until party buffs affect pets, any little bit helps.
    Sounds like a lot of work either way.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    If they add on to this system with higher tiers of superior equipment, I would think that will make the gift system mandatory. Hopefully they keep adding new ways to gain CP solo.
    (0)

Considering so far I've completely ignored Job Points for obvious reasons, I'm just hoping they either change the way CP are obtained or that at least the SP gear added isn't so strong it becomes mandatory to obtain for future content.
    (3)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Player
    i see a lot of chicken littles screaming the sky is falling over on ffxiah about this.

There is no content that requires JP.

Even if you have to have spent some amount of JP to wear some gear, there is still no content that requires said gear.

People can "what if" all they want, but until the content exists all the crying and arguments lamenting it are not valid.

I've gotten about 80 JP on the jobs I play the most. 99% of that was from just doing normal events with my LS. I don't see why people think 50 JP is anything to worry about.
    (2)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    i see a lot of chicken littles screaming the sky is falling over on ffxiah about this.

Even if you have to have spent some amount of JP to wear some gear, there is still no content that requires said gear.

People can "what if" all they want, but until the content exists all the crying and arguments lamenting it are not valid.

I've gotten about 80 JP on the jobs I play the most. 99% of that was from just doing normal events with my LS. I don't see why people think 50 JP is anything to worry about.
    Out of curiosity I checked out what JPs you have, only your RDM would qualify for SUP1 right now, I'll say doing 50JPs isn't so bad 1 time, but who plays just 1 job? How good is the gear going to be? We already have a lack of people willing to play support jobs, how will adding potentially another obstacle in the way help? Instead of people being diverse with their jobs, there runs the risk that everyone is just going to start have 2 or 3 jobs at most.

With populations declining, people being less diverse is not what we need.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post

My argument is mostly about using this as a "fix" for pets, which are notoriously underpowered and inaccurate in endgame, hence no invites for pet jobs. Party buffs should affect pets so that pet job players don't have to solo grind all these points, since we rarely get invited to anything worthwhile.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Out of curiosity I checked out what JPs you have, only your RDM would qualify for SUP1 right now, I'll say doing 50JPs isn't so bad 1 time, but who plays just 1 job? How good is the gear going to be? We already have a lack of people willing to play support jobs, how will adding potentially another obstacle in the way help? Instead of people being diverse with their jobs, there runs the risk that everyone is just going to start have 2 or 3 jobs at most.

With populations declining, people being less diverse is not what we need.
    you would be wrong, my BLM and MNK does too. FFXIAH isn't always up to date.

That was with me putting in about 3h of actual trying for CP, the rest was from just doing normal day to day stuff with LS. If I were to put forth the effort, I could have all jobs to have all Gifts fairly easy.
    (1)
    Last edited by Protey; 11-28-2014 at 10:28 PM.

a little annoyed the gifts don't affect the mage frames on what they are there for. My primary auto use is the mage frames. I mean sharpshot is nice and all but pup I'm usually solo so balanced physical and magical damage with healing is more useful than an auto that's just going to make me burn oils. and as to valoredge... just no.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast