Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Good point! With the upcoming delay change, I might go back to using mage frames more ... but it's still a pain to be constantly refreshing maneuvers. And yeah, with no Gifts to enhance their primary usage, we're still stuck with whether to gear for ourselves or them.
    And there hasn't been any pet food for magic purposes either, right?
    (0)

Character
    Elvyn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    Good point! With the upcoming delay change, I might go back to using mage frames more ... but it's still a pain to be constantly refreshing maneuvers. And yeah, with no Gifts to enhance their primary usage, we're still stuck with whether to gear for ourselves or them.
    And there hasn't been any pet food for magic purposes either, right?
    Nope as of yet we have separate attack and accuracy food and the new(ish) mixed one(personal fav). Not sure why this is tbh, I can't see why a bit of Magic Attack and Magic Accuracy (Maybe even Magic DMG or Refresh? :P ) would be hard to incorporate. Pup is sadly lacking in MAB/MDMG gear, but with issue's with casting time/recast/scanner issues the BLM (RDM to a lesser degree) frame is 95% useless, I still like to break it out during Skirmish on the Elephant-blob things.

wading in on the "Gifts" system issues, my only concern is that Job points haven't be out that long and they are already bringing out bonus systems, which I can only see as a way of getting people to earn job points. For something SE is saying is "optional" content they are pushing it quite hard. Will have to wait and see what this "Slvl 1" gear is like.
    (1)
    Last edited by Elvyn; 12-01-2014 at 07:02 PM.
    :O Destiny's Child Reformed!

the scanner isn't actually an issue, it's the stuff other players call "stat vomit". as our alternators are the means of ileveling the autos and the means SE has chosen to do it is by piling "stat vomit Auto +" on the alternators it's apparent they don't have enough "stat vomit" to actually hit the ilevel SE is aiming for. the simple answer is to bump the stat vomit, the better answer is to add acc/macc+ type stats to get the autos high enough that they will nuke, and do so effectively. However, my understanding is there is apparently some limitation on how many buffs they can add to a single item, and I guess acc/macc/mdb/atk/def/eva/guard/shield/parry/HP/MP/str/int/mnd/dex/agi/int/cha+ is a bit much. but if the job is to continue it needs to happen.

I have an idea, Frame/Heads II. you put half the stuff needed for ilevel on those, they can only be used with an animator that has an ilevel on it, you get the stat vomit off the animator and the acc/etc+ off the head/frame II. And while they are at it I'd like the elemental slots increased a bit so that my whm auto as an example can carry more light element attachments as an example to max out healing. maybe increase us to 16 attachments as well. as we are underpowered right now I don't think that would make us OP, just EM. and have the frame/heads II get their + off a table or % so that when the ilevel goes over 119 SE doesn't need to create frame/heads III.

just a suggestion, feel free to poke holes in it or to better it as your mind takes you.
    (3)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I dont know,
    the rewards for job points are meh (100 hp? -10s off DeA recast?)
    The rewards for gifts are meh (on the order of 10acc/atk/eva etc for most jobs)

Knowing now that Su1 items are just 119 crafted alternatives for people who cant do delve/high end battle fields... not feeling the push honestly. Even then my pup is at over 100 jp spent and i dont grind/have never grouped for just jp, and i dont do incursion.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Also as far as head/frame IIs, they already said they wont do that,...but they are planing a new element for attachments, as well as adding high end attachments (like turbo2/vivi valve 2).

As long as they add a high end acc/range acc/mag acc attachment, it should be fine. The issue is they cant keep up with the crap +5/10/15/20 acc levels, a raid level +acc attachment needs to be either % based or rediculously large.

5%/10%/15%/20% acc is what is needed if they dont want that, they can always do +50/100/150/200 acc (those are genuine values of what is honestly needed for this raise in acc cap to 99% for automaton to mean anything)
    (3)

While they're at it, if I place 100jp on my pup, can I get a 20% increase in maneuver duration, please?
    (1)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I would settle for ANY gear that increases duration of maneuvers, and forget 20%, we need 300/400/500%. I want that shit lasting for 5 minutes ><
    (3)

OMG, yesssss..... removing animation lock still doesn't change the fact that I have to spam-spam-spam over and over. Particularly if you're trying to get your mage auto to do what you want. I was really surprised that the reforge gear (so far) didn't have any bonus like that.
    BSTs got stuff to reduce Reward cast time, SMNs got stuff to reduce Blood Pact delay.
    PUP and DRG didn't get any recast reductions and/or extended durations. (not counting the DeA job point category)
    (1)

I can hear the word 'balance' being screamed before I even type this but......

The more I think about this the more I think SE should add a 20-min/ja called (Maintain) that allows us to simply keep and hold our active maneuvers indefinitely until we change maneuvers or our pet dies. This would be a profound change for a PUP's quality of life and happiness!
    (1)
    Last edited by Jile; 12-04-2014 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Clarified

Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    Also as far as head/frame IIs, they already said they wont do that,...but they are planing a new element for attachments, as well as adding high end attachments (like turbo2/vivi valve 2).

As long as they add a high end acc/range acc/mag acc attachment, it should be fine. The issue is they cant keep up with the crap +5/10/15/20 acc levels, a raid level +acc attachment needs to be either % based or rediculously large.

5%/10%/15%/20% acc is what is needed if they dont want that, they can always do +50/100/150/200 acc (those are genuine values of what is honestly needed for this raise in acc cap to 99% for automaton to mean anything)
    the problem tho is with the turbo 2, vivi 2. in keeping with it BEING the 2 it costs an extra elemental capacity slot meaning I can't have as many of that element attachments and-arguably-the bonus for the 2 item isn't enough to make up for the loss of another attachment. now, I'm not saying I LIKE the idea of frame/head II but we need something that allows us to address the situation and frankly I don't see SE as being willing to revisit the frames/heads we currently have. The alternative-putting it on the PLAYER'S gear-seems counter to their current policy of trying to keep gear from being a required item. Well that leaves adding it to the animator which as I understand it isn't an option as there isn't sufficient augmentation space left on the item to do so. So barring something brand new-and I'm not saying that's off the table-they will need something similar to keep us in the mix, or more accurately to put us back in the mix.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast