Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

[dev1242] Job Adjustments

I'm curious as to why no additional effects from Molting Plumage? When a Tulfaire does it, I get hit with dispel and knockback- why isn't this transferring to the BLU spell?
    (0)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    wouldt be the first time, dart doesn't have bind, for instance, personal im more concerned about whether Atramentous Libations uses drain skill based math, or normal nuke math(hopeing its this one)
    (0)

Hello,

As Molting Plumage will deal a considerable amount of damage in a fan-shaped AoE, we have not added the dispel or knockback effect as an additional effect. Considering how powerful this blue magic will be for blue mage, if we were to add the dispel effect it would become too strong compared to other blue magic.

I would also like to point out that we recently made a correction to the job adjustment information as there was a mistake.

Sweeping Gouge’s additional effect was changed from “paralyze” to “decreases defense”.
    (0)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Carcer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    That's sort of the overlying problem with blue mage. Take, for example, if I wanted to fight an Ahriman. There really aren't any dragon-family spells with the light attribute, so you can't really make the most of the job. A lot of families aren't well-represented and I feel like I've got to equip certain spells for job abilities even if they're not very useful. 20 slots isn't really enough, even if you can get 70 points to spend (with the assumption that'll rise to 90 eventually).
    (1)

Character
    Dragmagi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Also se will make these spells cost maybe 6 -9 points to set again
    (0)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    true, but if for 6-9 points one of these spells let you drop mortal ray(4) and and animated wail(5) from your spell set for dw would you really be upset >.>;
    (1)

Player
    I'm still concerned that we have to set all of these spells that we never use to Get DA/TA & DW. Empty Thrash/Delta Thrust/Demoralizing Roar etc. Yes, I know Thrashing Assaults means we can remove Roar, but wtf man. Half of my spells are ones I wouldn't dare touch on any relevant content, and they are just there to give job abilities. If you are going to give tob traits, make the newer spells have better trait stat increases. Why should I have to set 4-6 useless spells that cost 10+ points, when you could just give us 2 or 3 useful spells that consume the same amount of points? Its just irritating after a while.
    (2)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    thrashing takes the place of 2 spells for making triple attack, general i drop roar and acrid stream. Also it does seem recently se is giving us spells that give a trait out right there just expensive on set points
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Excited about these new spells, but where are the buff spells? I'd really like an acc buff spell like warm-up. Hopefully, they may give us that in the future of spells though.
    (0)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So Molting Plumage gives 8 points towards Dual Wield, and allows BLU to achieve DW4 if all spells are set. This is great, and almost *ALMOST* allows me to ignore the fact that the spell itself is not powerful at all. On minimal testing, I was able to get 1700 dmg out of it with MAB gear on mobs in Yorcia. Not exactly OP when Subduction can do that easily and it has a potent gravity, and costs almost nothing to cast. I'll have to do some more testing, but on observations so far, the excuse that it's a powerful spell, and dispel would make it too powerful seem to be incorrect.

EDIT: Some testing has already been done on the FFXIAH forums. Molting does marginally more dmg than subduction but has 4x the MP cost, and no additional effect. Dev team please reconsider. No blu will be using this spell for damage EVER. Not sure where you get your ideas on what is "over powered".
    (4)
    Last edited by Ramzi; 12-10-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast