Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    This sound good I like it. Time for Dancer and Thief to shine =)!
    However, I am concern about the low HP of DNC and THF and that War, Nin, Run and PLD have much higher HP. I hope in the future they will treat DNC and THF the same since they are front line jobs.
    PLD and RUN should have much higher HP. They are tanks.
    (4)

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    This sound good I like it. Time for Dancer and Thief to shine =)!
    Don't expect too much of an increase in this direction, the accuracy buff only counts on stuff where your accuracy is capped already, and only for the main hand.
    You should lay your biggest hopes on the buffs that the weapon skills are getting, really.
    (1)

  3. #13
    Player Crevox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    288
    Character
    Crevox
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    the accuracy buff only counts on stuff where your accuracy is capped already
    Are you ever doing content where your accuracy isn't capped? That's like the first thing you do when it comes to stats, and the first thing that is resolved with buffs if necessary.
    (0)

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Are you ever doing content where your accuracy isn't capped? That's like the first thing you do when it comes to stats, and the first thing that is resolved with buffs if necessary.
    I can think of a couple of things, High level Incursion comes to mind, and sure buffs solve a lot but you get to a point where in the conventional setups the buffs won't compensate for the rise of evasion meaning that you need to add more support roles.
    Adding an extra support means you're going to have to get rid of another role, which usually ends up being the weaker DDs.
    As jokingly said elsewhere (FFXIAH I believe) your level 135+ incursion DD party setup may end up looking like the following:
    Samurai - Bard - Summoner - Geomancer - Corsair - White Mage

    Another situation is doing D/VD High level battlefields with pugs, when you don't have an army of corsairs and bards (mules) standing outside to buff the living crap out of the group before they go in.
    Although gear can compensate a lot, without meaning to sound too mean, a lot of people don't carry more than your cookie cutter TP and WS sets and start raining cold sweat at the mention of Accuracy gearsets.

    But yes, on most content:
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 12-03-2014 at 12:37 AM.

  5. #15
    Player FrankReynolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,592
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Even if you can cap accuracy on most things, there comes a point where you are better off spending the gear, buffs, food etc. on other stats instead like attack and haste spells. The guy with the best accuracy isn't always at the top of the parse. And 5% is still a nice buff.
    (0)

  6. #16
    Player Ulth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    578
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah, the amount of accuracy needed to cap on some content is getting ridiculous. Some how I doubt this is what people had in mind when they wanted more support jobs relevant for end game. Pretty sure they meant it like you could use a brd or a geo, not that you would need a brd and a geo, and a smn, and a rdm, and some more geos...
    (1)

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Even if you can cap accuracy on most things, there comes a point where you are better off spending the gear, buffs, food etc. on other stats instead like attack and haste spells.
    Mind rewording this, because I have absolutely no clue what you mean by this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Yeah, the amount of accuracy needed to cap on some content is getting ridiculous. Some how I doubt this is what people had in mind when they wanted more support jobs relevant for end game. Pretty sure they meant it like you could use a brd or a geo, not that you would need a brd and a geo, and a smn, and a rdm, and some more geos...
    I think it's intended, at some point conventional setups won't work anymore and you're going to have to start thinking outside the box to be able to beat certain content.
    Which unfortunately boils down to bringing the best damage dealers you have and buffing the crap out of them.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 12-03-2014 at 04:06 AM.

  8. #18
    Player Ulth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    578
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't think it's intended. I think they thought it was impossible. Like the case about the 143 incursion. I also agree that it is pretty unfortunate. That plan doesn't sound like thinking outside the box. The buffs on the DDs isn't enough, give them more buffs. Still is impressive though.
    (0)

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    I don't think it's intended. I think they thought it was impossible.
    Then they don't know their top tier players, and their patience and persistence.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 12-03-2014 at 05:16 AM.

  10. #20
    Player Metaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    253
    Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    hmmmm anyone remember more than a few years back and a certain chair demon shirai >.>, im pretty sure se added him believe it impossible to kill.... im alittle foggy but i think some shell fought it for like 15 hours or something, after that... yea...
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tags for this Thread