Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Incursion bug

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    I guess I'm just wondering how anyone could even hit or land magic on the mobs. Unless the scaling drastically drops after a certain i-level, their evasion would be so high, no gear, foods, songs, or teamwork could overcome it. Imagine fighting Delve 1.0 in ilevel 99 (pre-adoulin) gear. That would only be a 20 level difference, but it would be impossible. But they did it, so obviously it's possible. Just wondering how.
    The difficulty is much higher than Delve 1.0 in pre-adoulin gear (we were one of the first groups to clear tojils back then, the first to 5NM shark and bee across all servers)
    Back then, you can still hit with just SV Madrigals, as Bolsters were saved for stuns only because there were no ilevel magic accuracy staff, stuns will get resisted after a minute with apajamasII.

At 143, with SV Madsx2, hunters, Precision Torpor (non bolstered) and distract, and oceanfin etc... hit rate is about 30% lol

In order to win 143 boss, we used 4 (Punyanya, Rokumo, Nivlakian and Katsuoch) Idris GEO's full time bolstering in turns (one more Non-Idris had to bolster focus/languor as the guard NM was Insidious), full time SV Mads etc... In total, 5 freaking Geo's! lol
    Bear in mind, this is not with Occult guard NM (evasion boost). If i recall correctly, the guards were Insidius and Brawny (took us 5 times to get to boss with multiple sacs just to get this guard NM Combo, we warp out if it's Occult OR Steadfast as it will be truly impossible to win)
    On our winning run, we almost lost at 5% as our last bolster wore, but one of the two wildcard was a success and we managed to wither it down with a final SV and Bolster.

So you could see our frustration here, 18 of us grinding many hours just to get the correct guard NM to pop, and finally won..... just to have our KI's taken away for nothing?

http://chihiromom.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-35.html

Ramzi, click on the above link, it's from one of my team members giving full details/strats involved on clearing 142 and beyond. It's pretty detailed lol

http://chihiromom.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-32.html

This was minute by minute guide when we cleared 141

And finally,

http://chihiromom.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-39.html

The dreaded Lost KI post
    (6)
    Last edited by Apollymi; 11-28-2014 at 04:20 PM.

ya talk about a slap in the face basically told you haha sucks to be you. Or "oops"
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    This isn't "intended design", this design makes no sense when it comes to design theory.
    They just admitted it is indeed intentional. And just because it's stupid and nonsensical that doesn't mean it isn't working as intended. Remember who we're dealing with here. Our devs come up with a lot of stupid and kludgey ideas.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    They just admitted it is indeed intentional. And just because it's stupid and nonsensical that doesn't mean it isn't working as intended. Remember who we're dealing with here. Our devs come up with a lot of stupid and kludgey ideas.
    What I mean was, it may be an intentional glitch or something, but it doesn't qualify as a "design" since it serves no design goal. The design goal they gave us - "they're mean so they will take away all your KI" won't work as intended if the players don't talk to the NPC. It's actually very different from the "stupid ideas" in the past. Most of the stupid ideas in the past are just design goals disapproved by the players, this one simply has a design goal that doesn't function properly.
    (0)

Player
    Just got through reading this post and I will say two things: First, congratulations on clearing 143. That is truly amazing. The second is how I am deeply disappointed in Square for, not only this response, but this "end result". Not only is it a slap in the face, but it is a sure form of lack of resepect for their gamers. It's not enough that the GM had no idea that Incursion can go beyond lvl 140. But the players themselves actually had no idea level 143 was the cap. SE never released this information. And if it was released, the problem is why there is no reward or finale for completing this content? It's almost as if SE decided "nobody is going to clear this content ever, so we'll just stop riiiiight here..."

That's really poor game design for the elite players. I'll admit, my GEO isn't anywhere close to being in this content, but for the players at the top of the tier chart, they have really disrespected the time and effort that was put into clearing the challenge. And the response? "Velks are mean, and they take away your KI". What a silly way to end a content clear. The funny part is, Where in the game dialgue does this explanation ever come up? It's one thing to say that's the expected outcome, but you developers didn't even include that verbiage in the actual game.

Sounds like a classic "Oh, crap....We got nothing for that" response. Admit the flaw.
    (3)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollymi View Post
    The difficulty is much higher than Delve 1.0 in pre-adoulin gear (we were one of the first groups to clear tojils back then, the first to 5NM shark and bee across all servers)
    Back then, you can still hit with just SV Madrigals, as Bolsters were saved for stuns only because there were no ilevel magic accuracy staff, stuns will get resisted after a minute with apajamasII.

At 143, with SV Madsx2, hunters, Precision Torpor (non bolstered) and distract, and oceanfin etc... hit rate is about 30% lol

In order to win 143 boss, we used 4 (Punyanya, Rokumo, Nivlakian and Katsuoch) Idris GEO's full time bolstering in turns (one more Non-Idris had to bolster focus/languor as the guard NM was Insidious), full time SV Mads etc... In total, 5 freaking Geo's! lol
    Bear in mind, this is not with Occult guard NM (evasion boost). If i recall correctly, the guards were Insidius and Brawny (took us 5 times to get to boss with multiple sacs just to get this guard NM Combo, we warp out if it's Occult OR Steadfast as it will be truly impossible to win)
    On our winning run, we almost lost at 5% as our last bolster wore, but one of the two wildcard was a success and we managed to wither it down with a final SV and Bolster.

So you could see our frustration here, 18 of us grinding many hours just to get the correct guard NM to pop, and finally won..... just to have our KI's taken away for nothing?

http://chihiromom.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-35.html

Ramzi, click on the above link, it's from one of my team members giving full details/strats involved on clearing 142 and beyond. It's pretty detailed lol

http://chihiromom.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-32.html

This was minute by minute guide when we cleared 141

And finally,

http://chihiromom.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-39.html

The dreaded Lost KI post
    30% hit rate!!! holy crap- can't believe you were able to get the boss HP down before the buffs wore. I can't read Japanese, and the translate function isn't too great, but I'll take your word that the strategy had to be incredibly detailed and executed flawlessly for the win to happen.

Congrats on such an accomplishment. This content is really tough without communication and strategy (and obviously optimal jobs- 5 GEO lol).

Did you guys at least get good loot from your 143 coffers?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    30% hit rate!!! holy crap- can't believe you were able to get the boss HP down before the buffs wore. I can't read Japanese, and the translate function isn't too great, but I'll take your word that the strategy had to be incredibly detailed and executed flawlessly for the win to happen.

Congrats on such an accomplishment. This content is really tough without communication and strategy (and obviously optimal jobs- 5 GEO lol).

Did you guys at least get good loot from your 143 coffers?
    WAs pushing 70% acc with idris bolsters.

Without bolster its around 30% or less...
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3