Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Arciele
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    lol as far as i can remember i did this last year soloed. unless they fixed the response to pet AI thing, you can just go as SMN, pop with sneak and have carby wail it down. don't bp.
    (0)

Character
    Greebosapiens
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 0
    Add Eco-Warrior to ROE, that'll motivate folks to do it once. Opening Eco-Warrior to not be region locked would help address the other aspect causing issues. I can only speculate at the cluster **** that is old outdated code, so I've no idea how easy the latter would be to address.
    (0)

Greetings,

We do understand that players are frustrated with the Eco-Warrior quests and how they currently operate, but as of now, we consider creating new content for players to enjoy as top priority.

After speaking with the development team to see if it’s possible to add a function that would enable players to activate all Eco-Warrior quests at once, their answer was that it would be more difficult to enable multiple Eco-Warrior quests to be active at one time rather than adding in a function to cancel the quests.

Since the Eco-Warrior quest is dated content in FFXI, it would require quite a bit of time and resources from both the development team and for QA checks. With that said, the development team would like to focus their efforts on adding new content for players to experience, rather than implementing adjustments to the Eco-Warrior quests.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    After speaking with the development team to see if it’s possible to add a function that would enable players to activate all Eco-Warrior quests at once, their answer was that it would be more difficult to enable multiple Eco-Warrior quests to be active at one time rather than adding in a function to cancel the quests.
    Then add a way for us to cancel it.

Yes yes, old content. But there is a reason this keeps coming up. It's quite frankly bonkers that this one quest, which should be doable with friends is impossible because someone flagged it on their first day playing without reading a wiki.

Call it a QoL improvement. Those have had some priority as of late.
    (5)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Player
    This quest is old, and like they said, it will require more effort than you think to add something like this.

I'm not even sure why people still do this quest, and even if they don't, why people care it's in the quest list.
    (1)
    Last edited by Crevox; 12-02-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    This quest is old, and like they said, it will require more effort than you think to add something like this.

I'm not even sure why people still do this quest.
    Actually it is more like we don't do the quest because we CAN'T.

Believe me, I know tons about things that are much more difficult to fix than people think. Comes up at work all the time. I know plenty of things in FFXI seem like easy-peasy fixes but given how some fixes have resulted in amazing new bugs, they clearly aren't.

But this quest, as we keep saying, isn't like every other quest. Flagging one locks you out of the others, you can't cancel it, and ergo, even if you have 17 friends who want to do it, likely you are scattered between the three quests. It was poor design back when it was implemented and yes, I realize, probably not the easiest fix.

But hey! It won't add to the server load and it will make people some people happy. Sure some people will grouse that they would have rather that SE had spent time on something else. Which Happens Every Single Update Anyway.
    (1)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings,

We do understand that players are frustrated with the Eco-Warrior quests and how they currently operate, but as of now, we consider creating new content for players to enjoy as top priority.

Since the Eco-Warrior quest is dated content in FFXI, it would require quite a bit of time and resources from both the development team and for QA checks. With that said, the development team would like to focus their efforts on adding new content for players to experience, rather than implementing adjustments to the Eco-Warrior quests.
    Why don't you just get rid of the level cap? Then people wouldn't have to cancel it. They could just go do it and get rid of it that way.
    (8)

Player
    Actually it is more like we don't do the quest because we CAN'T.
    Okay, so what's the problem? You just don't like looking at it in your quest list? You're asking the dev team to take quality time off working something else to make it so your quest list looks pretty?
    (2)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    This thread really gives me flash backs to 2003. So much death/drama over a 500 exp book. XD

Agree with Crevox though, what's the issue? The content isn't relevant at all, no useful rewards, not even needed for a chain or fame, it's just there. I'd rather see time go into producing new story/reward based content. I don't know how true it is, but someone even mentioned above that it's soloable with Smn. Maybe try that if this quest is that important to you.
    (1)
    7/10/14

I'm actually going to try the SMN method, because while this content is old I still want to complete it for all the nations. It isn't about the reward, but rather that I want to do it like so many other quests I've completed before.

PS > And I still say they should just remove the level cap from the quest if possible.

PPS > Now, if they really wanted to combine both issues together they could change Eco-warrior into a high level quest for Concord or something. So many people haven't even done the quests before that it would be as new as any other content.
    (4)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 12-02-2014 at 09:30 AM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast