Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Auction house slots 7

I believe now is the time for SE to give us more then 7 slots for auction house
    Please allow the 3 extra slots on the auction house also allow extra time listed on the auction house I don't want to keep on coming at the mog box to c it full because it don't sell, Allow us to list it more then day 3-5 days and tax us since we are helping the economy xd

adios amigo...
    (5)
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/30234-linkshell-Suggestion!!!

Player
    Ya know... showing your items would've only helped them to sell... hiding them served no real purpose I can think of.
    (5)

Player
    Definitely a repeated suggestion I can get behind.
    (0)

Increasing both the amount of items that can be listed on the Auction House and the length of time items are listed on the Auction House will directly increase server load.

With that said, there are no plans to implement these requests, but if the dev. team decides to do so, it will only be one of the suggested increases and not both.

The development team would like to look into these requests very carefully because each one would increase the server load, which would also cause an increase in the time required for the Auction House to load.
    (0)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

No offence, but the AH is a bit slow as it is.
    Not as slow as accessing your items after zoning, but slow enough.

I'll pass on extra items, or length of time if its going to enhance an existing problem (however small the original was, little things add up faster then one might think.)
    and stick to storing them on alts to sell later.

Better to focus on speeding up access times, then worry about if we can expand current systems.
    (5)

Agreeing, expanding inventory has slowed several things in this game enough as it is.
    If increasing the AH capacity increases load times even more, I'll gladly pass on it myself.

I've been living with the 7 item capacity limit for the last decade and certainly don't mind it now as high ticket items end up being bazaared to avoid tax anyway.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Increasing both the amount of items that can be listed on the Auction House and the length of time items are listed on the Auction House will directly increase server load.
    How did the AH servers handle the load in the past when there more than 12 players on a server?
    (6)

Yeah, loading times are long enough as it is. So having the AH loading even slower isn't something I'd like to see.
    (3)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

9. 11-26-2014 01:57 PM

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    How did the AH servers handle the load in the past when there more than 12 players on a server?
    This is what I was wondering. Servers are dead. How old and weak are the server PC's if they can't handle the demand of a dying MMO? Nothing should be slow to load - this is 2014.
    (3)

FFXI has 8 AH slots per character at launch. The inventory windows are hard-coded to display 10 lines, regardless of what the limit is for displaying items. They reduced the number of slots to 7 after a month or two because of AH instability, but then there were way more people using it constantly at launch. I would expect with hardware upgrades, decreased population, and less variety of items on the AH now that the servers would be more likely to be able to handle the increased load of the original 8 item slots.

The more realistic problem is that the code for that is so old, and the churn of employees through this game, means that there isn't anyone left on staff that is familiar with the AH code to improve it. Older content in the game is being consistently passed over for improvement, and I would wager that it is from the original staff having moved on and the current staff not being familiar enough to tweak things. This is a pretty huge game, and all the improvements made over time must be quite intimidating to comprehend.

Speaking of, I wonder if they're ever going to list the current staff... PS2 installation had the staff credits roll by during installation of expansions, PC install didn't. I'd be curious to see how few names are now on the list compared to Promathia. Of course, they would also still credit people that worked on the game before, like Uematsu.
    (4)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast