Player

annoying cheating bots....

im sure we are all tired of seeing players controlled by third party software in direct violation of the user agreement while the rest of us bust our asses to farm and such. "afk bot farmers" are annoying cheaters at best, and i think the game would be much better off without them. to that end, i started this thread and if you observe a botter, report to the special task force and post their names on here. if we give em enuff attention, maybe SESTF will get off their high horses and actually start doing something about it. make sure to post their character tags and which server. and dont forget to report to stf.
    (8)

Player
    and to start it off, we got asine and bossfmydiq bot farming in the tree on odin. REPORTED! and boss also got reported for an offensive name, also a violation.
    (1)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by jbtexan View Post
    post their names on here
    Pretty sure that's going to have the opposite effect of what you're hoping for.

inb4 "SE supports bots! I got banned for calling them out!"

Good luck with your endeavors though, at this point in the game, it's better to just accept it for what it is. If anything, bots provide the server with things that actual people don't want to farm. They typically target things that are easily automated, but there are far, far better sources for farming available within the game. Gil wise, there's no point in competing nor complaining about it, just go do something far better.
    (3)
    7/10/14

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I find myself agreeing with Malithar, unless they are negatively impacting you, just play the game, making it your mission to find and report all bots is time you could spend just enjoying the game. I agree that bots are a nuisance but they've been around for years, no matter how many people you name and shame/report, even if you get people from all servers participating, it'll always be there.
    (1)

Character
    Starhopper
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm pretty sure if we start supplying bot names here the mods will delete the thread. I've reported the same lair reive botters on Odin to the Special Task Force for months every few days (mostly to make a point to square enix) and they're still around at the same exact lairs around the clock. Same story w/ RMTs and many are still around years after initial reports which even included examples of items/dates/characters involved in laundering the gil via the AH. It's not very hard to find gil laundering examples either! eg., go to http://www.ffxiah.com/browse and select something like Pet Items and sort by Gil descending and you'll stumble upon http://www.ffxiah.com/item/17016/pet-food-alpha
    (0)