Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Monstrosity: A Story Worth Playing Through

Monstrosity seems abit abandoned at the moment, by both players and devs. It was unpopular upon introduction, and now is just simply unplayed. So, here's an idea to make the free add-on worthy of playing, for people who like the concept and for those who are just in it for the rewards.

Monstrosity Story: Why Monstrosity Exists, the Lore, and the Rewards.

Chapter One: Into the Fray
    Requirements: Ability to become a monipulator.
    Part 1, Shadow Story
    Activation: Zone into any zone from the feretory, as a monipulator.
    Story:
    When you zone in, you see a spectral elvaan child, standing over her dead elvaan mother, also spectral.
    ???: Mommy? (crying while knealing over her)
    ???: Mommy, why did you let it kill you?
    The little girl fades away, and a spectral floating skull monster (I forget the family name) comes floating over to the mother, and all disappear.
    Text: (What was that? Does it have anything to do with being a monipulator?)

Part 2, Rebirth of a Monipulator (Part 1 of 2)
    Activation: zone into the feretory after seeing first cutscene.
    Story:
    When you zone in, Sehbine is floating infront of you.
    Sehbine: Thou looketh troubled, child. Anything the matter?
    (Answer options: "No." or "Not sure.")
    Sehbine: I hope thee cometh to terms with thou new form. Try visiting Tahrongi Canyon sometime. Thou may findeth thine answers there.

Part 2, Rebirth of a Monipulator (Part 2 of 2)
    Activation: zone into Tahrongi Canyon as a Monipulator
    When you zone in Suspicious Hume is waiting on you, and standing right infront of you.

Suspicious Hume: Good of you to make it. Come with me, I wish to show you something my brothers and I agree you need to see.

He leads you to a spot, in which he seems to summon a behemoth. The behemoth he summons is bound my glowing chains, and a rune upon the ground below it.

Suspicious Hume: You weren't the first we introduced to being a monipulator. But, this one, the first, something went wrong. She cannot exit her beast form like you can, and tries to attack and kill all in her path when free. This is why we bound her like this. We would have given her the mercy of death, but alas, she is unkillable.

Afterwards, he leads you away from her after hiding her presence again.

Suspicious Hume: Get stronger, that you may one day do this poor lass a favor and give her the gift of death.

Part 3: The First Real Challenge (Part 1 of 2)
    Activation: Zone into any zone as a level 30 monipulator.
    Story:
    When you zone in, the spectral elvaan child is standing there, staring at you.

???: YOU! I saw you standing over my mother! How dare you gawk at her like that!

The elvaan child turns into a spectral adult version of herself, clad in dark knight styled armor.

???: I will hunt you down where ever you go, you hear me! A beast monipulator just like her!

She fades away.

(Though she faded, you have a feeling you have some trouble in store for you.)

Part 3: The First Real Challenge (Part 2 of 2)
    Activation: First cutscene zoning into feretory after seeing previous cutscene. Second by clicking ??? at spot in Tahrongi Canyon.
    Story:
    When you zone into the feretory, the four skulls are floating around wildly.
    (Dialogue is basically them panicking and urging you to return to where they showed you the behemoth lady.)

When you check the ??? found where the behemoth was shown to you, a cutscene starts, followed by spawning the NM Spectral Dark Knight.

The elvaan dark knight girl reappears, and she fades from spectral to a physical being.

???: I see you came back to gawk at my mother! I freed her from her binds, in hopes she kills you and her other mockers!

???: She isn't here anymore, but I am!

(During the fight, anyone as a monipulator can attack her, even if you have claim. Anyone who defeats her will be considered to be done with this part, so long as they recieved the cutscene in the feretory. Anyone clicking on the ??? activates the cutscene for everyone on this mission that is in the zone, which will disenage anyone fighting and whatever they were fighting will despawn. You must be in experience points range to recieve next cutscene, which activates automatically upon defeating her.)

After defeating her, you recieve a cutscene where she's just standing there with her weapon drawn. She returns to her spectral form.

???: Very well, we will have a go at this again! We are by no means through!

She fades away.
    (2)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Interesting idea.
    And there are still several of us who play it and make a clamor about it on the OF.
    I would love for more content to be added besides solo grinding.
    (0)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Although the content doesn't necessarily need a storyline, it's great what you came up with.
    It would certainly make Monstrosity feel more 'at home' so to speak.
    (2)

Oh yeah, its definitely a nonspecific story, because Id like to see what SE comes up with. They dont like being led by the nose, but they really do see our ideas.

The gist is when you finish it, which just like any expansion should require a group (monstrosity would be non party but ultimate NM everyone can join in fighting), and would at the end of the story give you a list of items to choose from. In this case, you can get gear to choose from, and a unique instinct that comes with that piece as well.
    (0)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

If Monstrosity had a good storyline I'd play it. o_O

I guess I should give it a try one of these days because I have no idea how it works.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Give it a try! Some of the creatures are quite fun to play as.
    (0)

Player
    If monstrosity had actual rewards I'd play it.
    (2)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    If monstrosity had actual rewards I'd play it.
    I usually bite my tongue on these kinds of lines but, if you don't find exploring monster mechanics, having an actually cool character model, being able to improve and customize without much restriction let alone player influenced restriction, and having the potential to BE an NM that grows and stands a chance to turn the tides on the adventurers is reward enough, then I think the 99% of the rest of the game is best for you.
    (2)
    Last edited by DarkBEWD; 11-24-2014 at 04:14 AM.

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBEWD View Post
    I usually bite my tongue on these kinds of lines but, if you don't find exploring monster mechanics, having an actually cool character model, being able to improve and customize without much restriction let alone player influenced restriction, and having the potential to BE an NM that grows and stands a chance to turn the tides on the adventurers is reward enough, then I think the 99% of the rest of the game is best for you.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Not everything in the game needs material rewards.
    (0)

Player
    While I completely agree, I have to say the lack of rewards for things outside of Monstrosity is something that very much does hurt Monstrosity as an event.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast