Character
    Darek
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Revise Black Belt

Black belt has for along time has been an amazing piece for Monk. If I understand the game mechanics and stat system correctly since I’ve returned to the game after a few years. Gear has a haste cap of 25%. If a Monk were wearing AF+1 or AF2+1, for example, those sets both have over 25% haste.

My question is does that make Black Belt simply a STR+7 piece with some damage reduction and subtle blow or is there a new Haste Cap? If there isn’t a new cap, I think buying any of the double attack belts off the AH will perform much better in the long run compared to a belt with STR+7.

They really should revise the stats, on Black belt, entirely or remove the Haste +12% and give it an equal speed increase—delay reduction.

Instead of Haste +12% have it say Enhances Martial Arts and remove delay by a noticeable amount from h2h.

This is all assuming haste cap hasn’t changed in the few years I’ve been gone…

Any thoughts?
    (0)

Unfortunately:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Currently we have no plans for a higher-tier or improved black belt.
    (0)

Character
    Kuroganashi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Unfortunately:
    "Currently"

This doesn't Discard the possibility in Future ! as of now, it is only a PDT-5% Armor and nothing else XD
    (0)

Player
    Mnks dual wield 190damage fists with 80delay each when haste capped. Why do mnks need a special exclusive item again?
    (0)

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Mnks dual wield 190damage fists with 80delay each when haste capped. Why do mnks need a special exclusive item again?

Having an exclusive item has nothing to do with how the mechanic's of the Monk job work.

That being said, a HQ Black Belt would need to be special but nothing gamebreaking.

Maybe it can have a certain Haste on it, not a Haste II, but a Haste that counts as JA or Magic Haste, because up until Usukane? came out, then all the Abyssea gear Monk was the only job capable of reaching the 25/26% haste cap. With haste coming out of every jobs rear end, all a BB+1 has to do is push the Haste a Monk can wield before any gear or JA's up another 5-10%. Add that with 12STR and a simple Damage-5-10% and it will not be more powerful then what a weapon piece could do in a comparison, it would just be something for Monk's to aim for again, their bread and butter, and obviously it has to beat a belt by a fair margin of offering 5ACC 2%QA 2%TA.
    (0)