Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Blondelle = Windurst, Windy{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGoRock: Sandy Rank: 10 Sandy {S}: UnComple.
    Posts
    568
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 66

    So I have pretty much touched all possibilities but alas no success yet!

    I was typing my findings into this thread: :Playonline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ffxi.dll --- "Possible" Trojan.Gen.SMH.2 but this seems to be the more logic thread with its route address to include the technical support in-route to this thread.

    I'm wondering if i should have unquarantined the ffxi.dII file again and make sure its excluded before attempting the check file method from the very first/the login to pol viewer screen page but i read somewhere under one of these two threads that you can run the file check with the current one quarantined and it will just replace the file but.. I tried it and the very same configuring windows pops up instead and wind up back in the same spot and if exclude it then after its back, I still will get the message you have an unregistered ffxi.dii file whatever that means and can only assume its something to do being registered accounts to se or something like that..?

    I sure hope they'll extend all current events and celebrations going on in game on account of this incident going on for many players as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-19-2014 at 10:22 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

  2. #22
    Player BobbinT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Gridania XD
    Posts
    118
    Character
    Bobbinthrdbare
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Like I said, just exclude the game folder instead. That should free you the hassle of restoring the file every time.

    But remember though, once SE has make official statement with this being fixed, remove the game folder from scan exclusion list so that AV keep checking that folder again.
    (0)

  3. #23
    Player Mike_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3
    Character
    Knightcomm
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

    Just a note

    You do not have to exclude the whole folder; you can choose to only exclude the file. I used "Undo Action" to remove the file from my quarantine, to restore it, and then excluded it. Also, if this happens to you, you can save a bit of time by not reinstalling. I just copied the old version off an install disk, and used the check files feature at the start of POL. It did flag the temp file as a virus, but I was able to ignore that too. As for netstat, it is not showing any ports out of the norm. Still makes me curious, and I hate questions I cannot answer.
    (0)

  4. #24
    Player Ywrach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6
    Character
    Ywrach
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    I hope someone can help me out, I had this problem too. I didn't know about excluding files, so turned Norton off, uninstalled and reinstalled. Turned Norton back on again and it ate the file again. By then these posts had started appearing so I was able to stand Norton in a corner with the dunces cap on and have my .dll sit safely where it should be.
    However, my problem now is that during my uninstalling I also lost all the expansions. I have been reinstalling one a night using the CDs, but we didn't get one for Seekers. How do I get that back? I had the email with the original purchase saved with registration codes and things, but the link to my order expired 30 minutes after the email was sent. Do I have to rebuy or is there a different place to go for reinstallation links?
    (0)

  5. #25
    Player Gunslingingwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1
    Character
    Krondle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I sent the file in to Symantec but am awaiting a response. Webroot doesn't find problems with the .dll but Norton will ping it every time. Interesting. You'd think SE would update with a patch with the .dll because something has changed. I've been playing this game for a decade and it's never done this before, with all the updates and expansions over the years.

    Very interesting indeed.
    (1)

  6. #26
    Player Dragoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    1,505
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Ywrach View Post
    I hope someone can help me out, I had this problem too. I didn't know about excluding files, so turned Norton off, uninstalled and reinstalled. Turned Norton back on again and it ate the file again. By then these posts had started appearing so I was able to stand Norton in a corner with the dunces cap on and have my .dll sit safely where it should be.
    However, my problem now is that during my uninstalling I also lost all the expansions. I have been reinstalling one a night using the CDs, but we didn't get one for Seekers. How do I get that back? I had the email with the original purchase saved with registration codes and things, but the link to my order expired 30 minutes after the email was sent. Do I have to rebuy or is there a different place to go for reinstallation links?
    You may be in luck, if you act fast, for the files are available for download from an official source due to the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign (which has concluded, but the files seem to still be around):
    This really is a rare treat! Normally one would indeed need to re-purchase the media should they need new copies, and the whatever method was used has expired.


    Good luck with yer nortons people! I'm glad I decided to leave that camp years ago. ^^;
    (1)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~



    Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

  7. #27
    Player Ywrach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6
    Character
    Ywrach
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Thank you for the help, Dragoy. Are you still playing? I haven't seen you for years!

    I'm not sure about the download. I've just had to reset all my passwords because SE think there was suspicious activity going on. Well of course there was you planks, I had to reinstal everything and was running round checking stuff worked after. I'm sort of worried that if I do the download now, they'll outright close the account down.

    Thanks again for the help. Good luck to anyone else who is still trying to get the sorted out.
    (0)

  8. #28
    Player Dragoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    1,505
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Ywrach View Post
    Thank you for the help, Dragoy. Are you still playing? I haven't seen you for years!
    Yes!

    'Tis good to see you around too, still! I've not been up during my late night/early morning times too much lately, so that's probably why you wouldn't see me much (silly time-zone differences!).

    Quote Originally Posted by Ywrach View Post
    I'm not sure about the download. I've just had to reset all my passwords because SE think there was suspicious activity going on. Well of course there was you planks, I had to reinstal everything and was running round checking stuff worked after. I'm sort of worried that if I do the download now, they'll outright close the account down.
    There should be no reason for them to link your download(s) to your account. It's especially okay since the sites the links are to are very official, not some third-party site giving out “illegal copies”.

    I'm thinking the links wont be up for long, as they normally do not provide the data for download, but have done so with the welcome back campaigns of late (which is cool, but I wish they would provide the files always, as it would give a safe location for users to download them from; it's not like people can play with the files only!).


    See you arooond!
    (0)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~



    Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

  9. #29
    Player Psonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4
    Character
    Akatta
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99

    .dll issues

    Thanks for the info. It may be the same with mine since i have it quarentined a few days ago by norton antivirus. S.e says contact them but they said the same thing,. make the file an exception to teh antivirus scans. Still though i can't seem to play the game,. but one step closer i think.
    (1)

  10. #30
    Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Blondelle = Windurst, Windy{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGoRock: Sandy Rank: 10 Sandy {S}: UnComple.
    Posts
    568
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    You may be in luck, if you act fast, for the files are available for download from an official source due to the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign (which has concluded, but the files seem to still be around):
    This really is a rare treat! Normally one would indeed need to re-purchase the media should they need new copies, and the whatever method was used has expired.


    Good luck with yer nortons people! I'm glad I decided to leave that camp years ago. ^^;
    Just some inquisitive or curios thoughts I had come across that could also possibly work at SE's Advantage.

    So I was thinking dragoy, what if SE could just make the particular .dII files you needed back downloaded as a fix in this method of returning home campaign as well? What would be the logical outcome if they did? What if they took it to delivery of the dII fixed file through the POL Viewers delivery se mail system as a another method of a fix who are still having the problems to the game after they've tried out all fixes mentioned here to get everyone back up and running again.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast