Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I can accept the not stacking of Dawn Mulsum, but I don't get the issue with having pet food synthesize and stack to 99. Beastmaster is still limited to the Reward timer, so it's not as though more food in your bag increases your pet durability by default. It's convenience and courtesy to current inventory issues.

Whenever the development team associate inventory space as a form of difficulty to battle mechanics for a job, I cringe. If I wanted to utilize Beastmaster's Monster Correlation properly. I'd be carrying 7 stacks of jugs (Beast, Plantoid, Lizard, Vermin, Bird, Aquan and Amorph), 1-2 stacks of pet food, possibly some dawn mulsum, and a stack of pet roborant if I wanted to clear a bunch of status ailments that using augmented Reward won't remove.

Beastmaster is currently the most expensive consumable job, even with Bestial Loyalty. It doesn't matter that Ninjutsu/Ranged Attacks work differently and are used at a faster rate. Beastmaster might not use consumables as quickly but it still adds up fast in cost and requires significantly inventory space.

Other consumable job cost & inventory benefits:
    Pouched items
    Recycle/Ninja Tool Expertise/Scavenge
    Universal Ninja Tools/Trump Card

Beastmaster:
    Bestial Loyalty (20 minute timer)
    (8)

Player
    That's the point, Rwolf. SE doesn't want BST to be properly geared and played. They want that job to sit at the bottom and have all sorts of issues. But keep adding Beastial Loyalty (which should be a job trait anyways). Oh yeah, there's no reason for BSTs to have several Dawn Muslims - we want your pets to die fairly quickly, especially if you're being invited to a High-Tier fight.

Sometimes I think they make comments about jobs that they have no idea about.
    (3)

Character
    Drgonz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    How about making the leave command reset the call beast timer.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Railer View Post
    How about making the leave command reset the call beast timer.
    And give you your jug back if it was at full hp!
    (3)

Character
    Drgonz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Go ahead and double jug pets hp while your at it.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    And stout servant jps. 2% per level
    (3)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    And eliminate the charge system and have the pet tp when it has 1000+ tp.
    (1)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by GoltanaBuukki View Post
    But keep adding Beastial Loyalty (which should be a job trait anyways).
    I like it the way it is. You start with Bestial Loyalty, and then if something goes awry, you still have Call Beast available.

And I'm not sure I'd call Beastmaster "expensive" at this point. With Cooking and Synergy, even if you just lazily buy materials from the Auction House, it's nothing you can't cover by NPCing a few Bahadurs via sparks.

Dasva, I'd totally love Stout Servant JPs. Would be a bit too good, maybe. >.>
    (2)

So I was soloing Dynamis last night to get some more forgottens on my pup to +2 a bunch more relic (as they won't get off their dead asses and reforge the AF3 after over a year), the 2 nights before I was there on my newly 99 drg getting the 20k XP I needed for my relic head, and it came to me that the numbers my pets were doing on the upper tier demons in Dyna-Xarc are EXACTLY the numbers a 119 pet SHOULD be doing on 119 EM prey, it's not OP at all, it's exactly right. The combined DPS and other contributions would make us interchangeable with a monk or Sam in end-game content without removing their viability in groups. SE KNOWS our problem isn't the artificial delay of applying manuvers or having to tell the pet to attack or whatever that keeps us out of Delve, Incursion, etc., it's that even with top gear our DPS falls short because the pet output is too low to close the gaps with other jobs that ARE permitted in end-game.

So my proposal is simple, test a top flight 119 pet in Dynamis on the higher tier prey, then put those numbers into the pet damage output against a 119EM prey damage formula as the solution, and finally run the calculations needed to properly raise stats on ilevel adjustments pets receive to have those numbers yield the same damage on the 119 prey. It doesn't make us OP on 119 prey and while it would make us OP against level 99 prey EVERY job with 119 ilevel is OP against level 99 content. heck, my brd/dnc solos dyn handily in level 109 gear-119 weapon though. And if they say the word "balance" as an excuse not to I swear I'm tempted to try to organize a revolt to get every player with a pet job to refuse to play anything else, maybe even purposely deleveling so other jobs are not available.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    And eliminate the charge system and have the pet tp when it has 1000+ tp.
    Honestly I prefer it the way it is now given how fast tp gain vs how fast charges come up now that I've merited it and even more so when I start gearing for it... except make all moves only cost 1 charge and of course with that increase the strength of the 1/2 charge ones to be more on par with the 3 (and for that matter make the crappy 3ers more like the good ones lol)
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast