Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    it's not just our pet's specials that need a boost, it's their regular hits as well. after all the special is only going to happen once every minute at best?
    That wouldn't be best that would be the slowest with a 1 charge move but significantly faster than 2+ charge moves could get. Absolute best right now would be every 40 seconds 45 if you are meleeing and don't want to swap to a gimp weapon. Though with the charge system it ends up averaging a little better. Add on to the fact it says they are making them accumulate faster and making them stronger and give them skillchain properties it might not be too bad. Imagine this you and your pet tp for say 30ish seconds, you use ready and let's say it does 3k dmg, then you use a ws (which one will depend on elements of course but a lot of the axe ws are of similar strength now) for let's say 6k dmg followed by a 8k skillchain. Snarl the hate off rinse and repeat. It might not be the sam non stop skillchaining or the thf super huge ones but would be interesting and possibly good.

As far as just general dps one big thing they could do is well first make that 1 acc jp more like 2-3 and then finally expand them to 30 like they said they would. That would be huge for jugs
    (1)

Character
    Drgonz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I see no need for the pet life timer(time in which jug pet disappears) anymore either. I really don't care for our empyrean or mythic ws being both magical. Ready moves need to do at least 10k damage or more imo.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Railer View Post
    Ready moves need to do at least 10k damage or more imo.
    This. Since our pets can't get buffs and our white damage sucks and the moves are on timers... I mean if SMNs can drop that kind of damage (with skillchain properties) I don't see why we would be restricted in it...
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Well we can take advantage of the skillchain properties a bit better... I'd say 3-4k on relevant content (for single charge moves more for higher charge ones though really I think they should just make everything 1 charge) if they all had at least 1 level 2 property and maybe some of them even having a level 3 or some pets having a few lvl 2s so your pet can skillchain with itself maybe setting you up for making double dark or something.

Part of the reason smn drops that kind of dmg is they have a lot of gear for it while bst gets jack in terms of gear that could help ready moves. A fully geared smns bp will do like 3 times what a just satchet one will do but a bst with every bit of pet att and enhance ready is effectively going to do the same thing as one with just an ilvl axe. . Instead of just pumping ready moves should do things like idk make tp matter or maybe +ready dmg or huge +pet attacks comparable to the 200 or so pet mab smns get. That said because the lvl 70 bps have pdif they tend to suck against higher stuff so front what I've seen smns switch to merit bps even on just jp pts so I wouldn't expect any pet physical move to do 10 on things higher level than it... at least until they fix the horrible pet pdif system
    (1)

Dasva I really appreciate your knowledgeable and thoughtful comments in these discussions! And, generally speaking I really appreciate all you BSTs out there keeping the flame alive and supporting a job we love. Even if the devs don't improve BST - I'm glad that we have such cool, thoughtful and supportive player community.

(4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Dasva I really appreciate your knowledgeable and thoughtful comments in these discussions! And, generally speaking I really appreciate all you BSTs out there keeping the flame alive and supporting a job we love. Even if the devs don't improve BST - I'm glad that we have such cool, thoughtful and supportive player community.

courtesy?! wow, you are violating almost every rule of forum etiquette since the invention of trolling. that said, I happen to agree with you, it's nice that we can all talk about our favorite job in a serious, honest, respectful and straight-forward manner.

that said I still want my pet's base DPS upped over mine so it can tank again when I'm soloing dag-nabbit!

ps. what's a dag and how does one nabb it?
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4