Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Beastmaster suggestions to DEV team

I'd like to suggest a few things that would make life as a beastmaster a little cleaner in the moghouse department.

Suggestion 1)
    Can we get a section in the mog like the wardrobe that is dedicated for food/meds only which can be used in the same fashion, perhaps calling it the "Pantry"?

Suggestion 2)
    Can we have a method similar to bundling toolbags for NIN where we could take 12 petfood and bundle them, which could stack in 99's? This would not effect the current synth whatsoever but would greatly decrease mog storage issues for people that main BST.

Suggestion 3)
    Being able to stack dawn mulsum in 12's similar to how you do echo drops for mages would be nice.

Thank you for your time and consideration!
    (9)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I am a huge fan of all of these suggestions...especially the dawn mulsims stacking!
    (4)

I am a fan as well. But this has been asked many times, it was answered once. No for "balance" reasons. Those reasons were never actually explained, although 100 beast mains got together in various threads after the refusal and tried to theorize what those reasons might be. Despite 100+ pretty good brains working on the problem we never could find one, not even a half-assed one-but apparently there is one. You'll excuse me if I don't hold my breath waiting for another refusal or explanation of the prior one though I hope. Because it's been 3+ years...
    (0)

Greetings Jile,

I was able to get answers to your three suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post

Suggestion 1)
    Can we get a section in the mog like the wardrobe that is dedicated for food/meds only which can be used in the same fashion, perhaps calling it the "Pantry"?
    There are no plans to add a new storage feature that would serve for such a limited use at the moment.

With additions of new storage systems, the dev. team will continue to develop new avenues to store items. However, if not handled carefully, increasing the amount of items players can hold could result in technical problems such as longer loading times between areas and increased server load.

Suggestion 2)
    Can we have a method similar to bundling toolbags for NIN where we could take 12 petfood and bundle them, which could stack in 99's? This would not effect the current synth whatsoever but would greatly decrease mog storage issues for people that main BST.
    Since pet food cannot be used constantly due to the recast timer (90 seconds), and mechanically act very different when compared to the usage of ninja tools, there are no plans to make these items stackable at the moment.

If we were to allow pet food to be stacked up to a set of 99, then there would be situations where these items would need to be in stacks of 99 to be placed on the auction house.

Suggestion 3)
    Being able to stack dawn mulsum in 12's similar to how you do echo drops for mages would be nice.
    Dawn Mulsum has a very high potency and because of this the development team intentionally made the item unstackable. At this time there are no plans to adjust Dawn Mulsum to be stackable.

If anything changes on these suggestions, I will make sure to update everyone.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Grekumah, the "At the moment there are no plans" man.

Poor Grek. Sometimes I get this image where the other community reps use their whip of power (being elder members) and force him to relay all the bad news to players lol xD
    (4)
    Last edited by Zhronne; 11-23-2014 at 09:04 AM.
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yeah; it's terrible how they're treating the newbie.
    (0)

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I was actually thinking about the storage issue the other day because the load times are already pretty long for my taste. I think a good solution if technically possible, would for players to be able to select what mog bags load and which ones don't. This would reduce strain on the server and reduce load times for the client. Mog Safe, Storage and Locker are only accessible while in your Mog House. Satchel, Sack, Case and Wardrobe are accessible from anywhere. Having the option to "Turn Off" Safe, Storage and Locker from the client would reduce load time and server strain no? All Mog Bags could auto load when entering MH but as it stands, there's not much need for those 3 bags to load during 90% of your zone changes.
    (1)
    "You can't fool all of the people all the time, but if you fool the right ones then the rest will fall in line".

-Dead Prez

and what pray tell is wrong with having to buy in stacks of 99?
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Grekumah, the "At the moment there are no plans" man.

Poor Grek. Sometimes I get this image where the other community reps use their whip of power (being elder members) and force him to rely all the bad news to players lol xD
    maybe we could all chip in and get him a good shovel and some air freshener for his job? Christmas is coming up...
    (0)

Grekumah, Thank you for the reply and for taking the time to research my questions! I cant say I like the solid block of "no" but I appreciate a reply just the same.
    (3)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast