Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Drgonz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    While your at it swap the timers on unleash and run wild and remove the part of run wild where the pet disappears. thanks
    (3)

soooo.... is it just me or did BST get nothing this update? What happened to making our pets stronger?
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    No we didn't but this update was incredibly small. Took all of 4 minutes for me to download. There were other things that I think were also supposed to be in this one that I think ended up getting pushed back to feb
    (2)

Character
    Drgonz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I wonder why beastmaster's pets have to be so mysterious. We have no item level on jugs(upon purchase or craft) or on /checkparam stats, nor do we have any idea on base delay or damage on our jugs when we Acquire them. Adding those stats would be somewhat helpful if ever our pets become useful in endgame activities. I mean how messed up would it be if all weapons did not show these stats. I wonder if the dev team despises pet jobs due to the extra work involved when updating them because of the master and pet is double the work for one paid subscription.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    No we didn't but this update was incredibly small. Took all of 4 minutes for me to download. There were other things that I think were also supposed to be in this one that I think ended up getting pushed back to feb
    I am really exhausted with hoping... but man I sure hope our pet update is at least as good as dagger update because its even more super depressing to play BST now that my THF can do nice weaponskill damage... easily 3-5 times my BST... with worse macros and worse gear and me worse at playing it.

(and yannow, without a huge portion of its white damage nigh unbuffable, and with a fairly desirable job trait...)

I am not griping about THF mind you, I am really glad they got a boost, but if our pets don't get a really good boost after we got shafted on axe I am going to be a very sad penguin
    (2)
    Last edited by Olor; 01-22-2015 at 07:39 PM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I am really exhausted with hoping... but man I sure hope our pet update is at least as good as dagger update because its even more super depressing to play BST now that my THF can do nice weaponskill damage... easily 3-5 times my BST... with worse macros and worse gear and me worse at playing it.

(and yannow, without a huge portion of its white damage nigh unbuffable, and with a fairly desirable job trait...)

I am not griping about THF mind you, I am really glad they got a boost, but if our pets don't get a really good boost after we got shafted on axe I am going to be a very sad penguin
    Well and iirc they said something about putting off pet buffs for bst cause they wanted to try out boost master dmg and along with it 1hd in general. But here's the thing the 1hd ws buff really only buffed swd and dagger. Most of the best club, kat and axe ws barely budged so all the update really did was make it so some of the previously mediocre ws are now almost as good. Oh yay I can use more different ws but my dmg hasn't really increased thanks SE.
    (3)

They did say they were going to increase pet special skill damage. What I am worried that they may not understand is that it needs to be a boost like dagger got to help us at all. Like yes if we can do big skill chains/closers with our pets then maybe we will have a bit more utility as DDs, but we literally need to be FANTASTIC for it to be worth bringing us because we add so little else.

Keeping in mind of course we don't get enough treasure hunter to make a difference, and our job is harder to gear for (still not enough gear that's great for both master and pet, we lose stats VS other DDs) and a huge part of our white damage is nearly unbuffable and pet accuracy still sucks... it really needs to be a massive boost for it to matter at all. And considering we are the VERY LAST sad broken job to get adjustments... I just really hope they don't screw us over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    [*]Future beastmaster adjustments
    As mentioned previously, the development team is currently working on adjustments that will allow abilities to be separate for pets and monsters. After making this adjustment, we are planning to increase the potency of pet special attacks, enhance the effects of TP modifiers, and give them elemental properties for skill chains.

Additionally, we are currently looking into whether we can increase the pace in which charges can be accumulated. We’ll begin work on this adjustment after we verify if this is possible from a technical standpoint.

With these aforementioned adjustments, it will become possible to perform skill chains with your pet making it possible to deal even higher amounts of damage.

We’d also like to make adjustments to the enmity of Snarl and the flexibility of using different special abilities based on various situations while focusing on the concept that beastmaster is a job that deals damage in tandem with their pet.

After seeing the results of the above adjustments, if there are still aspects that are lacking we will then look into increasing the base stats of pets.[/list]
    (2)
    Last edited by Olor; 01-23-2015 at 04:29 AM.

it's not just our pet's specials that need a boost, it's their regular hits as well. after all the special is only going to happen once every minute at best? but a regular hit is going to be every 2-4 seconds. our DPS is terrible and boosting the master isn't the cure. we are designed as a job where at least half our output is the pet, soloing the thing is supposed to be able to tank-without the use of snarl. but as things are, it can't, and boosting the master only makes it worse because it guarantees that a. we'll take the hate from the pet in a hurry, and b. if we want to force the issue then we can't use ambient pets, we have to use jugs. in end-game party content while I'm not thrilled at not being able to charm I guess I can live with that but solo outside I LIKE being able to charm again, I played 75 levels that way solo and it was ALOT more fun that way, so much more in fact that when the cap was raised to 95 I went back outside abby and did GoV to get every level since, using charmed pets. but bst is NOT supposed to be a "just throw a pet at the mob" job, regardless what the bandwagon beasts may think or want, we should be fighting with our pets. No, I want a true fix to the pets, then you can scale the specials to other job's specials.
    (0)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    but bst is NOT supposed to be a "just throw a pet at the mob" job, regardless what the bandwagon beasts may think or want, we should be fighting with our pets.
    Definitely, but this is not always ideal or even possible. There's quite a few NMs in Ra'Kaznar/Alluvion Skirmishes for example, where "throwing a pet at it" is the safest thing to do (BST+SMN works great in this regard), because SE made the NMs too ridiculous with their AoEs and status ailments.

I'm not sure what's so fun about Charm. I think SE needs to make it more functional, since the power difference between us and most enemies has changed radically. It just never seems worth the tradeoff in utility and safety to me.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardus View Post
    I'm not sure what's so fun about Charm. I think SE needs to make it more functional, since the power difference between us and most enemies has changed radically. It just never seems worth the tradeoff in utility and safety to me.
    Honestly I'd be just as happy if they made took away charm, put some 10 gil level 1 jug pets in the game and just balanced us properly.

Yes, I did play the old fashioned way and I even did a number of my thf levels (especially before trusts) using /BST and charmed mobs but what I want is to be able to play this job with others and no one has ever ever wanted us for charm for anything but the most niche situations possible... I want to be a competent dependable DD, charm can die in a fire for all I care.

(BTW I am not advocating for taking away charm, I am just saying it's nearly useless for an endgame bst - so we should be focusing on jugs because that's what we will be using in groups 90+ per cent of time - and more if they sucked less)
    (1)
    Last edited by Olor; 01-24-2015 at 06:44 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast