Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    The thing is, there are 4 bat camps in Outer Ra'Kaznar, and each can only really accommodate 1 person. If my Ra'Kaznar camp becomes popular, I get crowded out. I'm not really under a moral obligation to share information that harms me.
    Like nobody on your server already noticed you soloing millions of bristlehair bats lol. They probably call you Batman behind your back!

(4)

I'm a bit of a job points fiend and I don't mind farming them. On MNK, I have 58 job points spent and 154 in the bank ready for use. On WHM I have 2 and on THF I have 3. I soloed most of my MNK job points because a good job points party is rare. I think if I had any desire for any other kind of job points, I'd be sunk.

I should hope that if there are spells and job traits unlockable, then at the least they'd stop this nonsense of having to be on the job to get capacity points for it.
    The concept of job points is meant to be like you are leveling a specific job past level 99 and due to this we are not considering to make it so you can save up job points on a separate job than the one you would like to use them on.
    (12)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    Except that the grind of obtaining Job points is considerably WORSE than levelling up traditionally, or even meritting. Capacity Points aren't rewarded as often as they should, and as much as they should. You can repeat certain Seeker's of Adoulin fights, and you are rewarded 20,000 Bayld. You can do certain BCNMs and are rewarded thousands of gil for a 2min fight. There are even Besieged events that, although extremely brief, yield upwards of 15,000 EXP and scaled Imperial Standing. VW provides significant EXP bonuses, as well as cruor, for just beating a monster halfway dead. Why is there no event currently that adds a significant amount of CP? Or better yet, why don't all events that generate some in-game currency have a CP tag attached to it as well?

People are complaining about having to earn these Job Points, and you are claiming its supposed to be like levelling beyond 99. You expect all of these jobs to solo their points if they are not accepted as the "optimal" job? Its ludicrous. No player in their right mind would ever bring a BST or PUP to incursion, and currently, thats the best event for CP.
    (7)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by GoltanaBuukki View Post
    Except that the grind of obtaining Job points is considerably WORSE than levelling up traditionally, or even meritting. Capacity Points aren't rewarded as often as they should, and as much as they should. You can repeat certain Seeker's of Adoulin fights, and you are rewarded 20,000 Bayld. You can do certain BCNMs and are rewarded thousands of gil for a 2min fight. There are even Besieged events that, although extremely brief, yield upwards of 15,000 EXP and scaled Imperial Standing. VW provides significant EXP bonuses, as well as cruor, for just beating a monster halfway dead. Why is there no event currently that adds a significant amount of CP? Or better yet, why don't all events that generate some in-game currency have a CP tag attached to it as well?

People are complaining about having to earn these Job Points, and you are claiming its supposed to be like levelling beyond 99. You expect all of these jobs to solo their points if they are not accepted as the "optimal" job? Its ludicrous. No player in their right mind would ever bring a BST or PUP to incursion, and currently, thats the best event for CP.
    My LS has brought PUP to incursion. The only job that hasn't been brought is BST, and that's because pretty much no one in my LS plays it. If your LS isn't allowing you to bring those jobs... tell them to stop being di*ks. Now if you are attempting high level incursion i can see not bringing those jobs.... but that isn't a valid argument against as that level of incursion is for the trophy of saying look at what we accomplished, it's not for CP farming.

And as to your complaint of how obtaining Job Points is considerably worse than leveling up traditionally.... every game I've played where there was a soft cap (cuz that's pretty much what this is) it gets ridiculously hard to go up even one level. We are at the pinnacle of levels, it shouldn't be easy to go up higher. If it were up to me, it would be even more difficult.
    (3)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by GoltanaBuukki View Post

I remember in the early days of Adoulin, people did a lot of Delve without the goal of killing the boss or even the lesser NMs, and people went in solely to farm plasm. Are the Incursion runs you're doing leaving out jobs like Puppetmaster because they have an eye on beating the boss? I haven't done much Incursion (maybe 3 runs since it came out) so I'm not super familiar with the process, but as I recall the regular mobs died pretty quickly and gave a decent amount of capacity points. Is there a bonus in capacity points for killing the NMs and clearing the zone? Have you (or has anyone) clocked the rate of capacity point gain if you go into Incursion solely for the purpose of job points, with no intention of fighting any NMs?

But really guys, you shouldn't get bent out of shape over this. The improvements are fairly minor and you can live without. Just because something exists doesn't mean you must have it.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Like nobody on your server already noticed you soloing millions of bristlehair bats lol. They probably call you Batman behind your back!

Well there is one fella, named Deadlier, who I'm sure notices. We run into each other a lot. He's working on an Ergon weapon of some sort and I think he's farming the reives for HP Bayld. I get a lot of it incidentally and sell it to him at a discount as thanks for him helping with those annoying reives.
    (0)

I'm with Protey, XP/Merits are entirely too easy. however, since their only real use is pop items for Ouryu as an example I'm fine with that. But I like having a system again where it's work but your reward-the job point-is guaranteed, instead of luck-based like getting a good augmented JSE cape from incursion. That said, the job point rewards are EXTREMELY lackluster compared to the work involved in getting them. Both the point categories themselves and the gifts shown for cumulative points.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    If it were up to me, it would be even more difficult.
    Here's my problem with the entire system however, it's not difficult, it's boring and grindy. I find entertainment in difficulty, I love when things are hard enough to encourage me to think, form new strategies, and persevere through obstacles, in order to overcome them all and achieve my goals. This isn't difficult, it's rather the opposite, I can kill mobs in Dho Gates for hours on end without ever feeling any sort of challenge, rather I feel as though the only thing being challenged is my patience on how long I can sit in one spot fighting similar things before I smash my keyboard through my monitor. It feels like a waste of time, mindless and pointless in every way to me that doesn't truly make me stronger except via artificial stats, and that's a method of growth I truly hate in games quite frankly. I'll contend it's time taking, that it's a grind, but not that it's difficult, as time taken to achieve something and difficulty are very separate things to me.
    (5)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Well there is one fella, named Deadlier, who I'm sure notices. We run into each other a lot. He's working on an Ergon weapon of some sort and I think he's farming the reives for HP Bayld. I get a lot of it incidentally and sell it to him at a discount as thanks for him helping with those annoying reives.
    Lol I was only joking anyway. I know how it is when you find a nice secluded camp, you always hope it won't get congested in the future. Also I have great admiration for you, because of the enormous amount of Job Points you solo'd. Thats like what my Japanese friend calls a "Strong Challenger!"

Its cool that you give that guy a discount on the Happy Baylds too. I am giving mine away for free now to one of my best friends coz she has got the GEO addiction on /OCDmode lol.

On the other posters comments re; CAP content/jobs like pup etc. it is true that I am soloing most of my CAP on Puppetmaster. My friend group got the capes they wanted a while ago and stopped doing Incursion. I never got my Pup cape or War cape, but I got some uber Sch capes for the job I only play when I absolutely have to lol.

And I don't do WoE anymore, for CAP or anything else. Long story. Go there, let us not.

But SE have announced that they are adding CAP to other content, so you will not be so restricted to the Incursion factor. That is good news, although I don't mind grinding solo CAP on Pup, because it is my main job for the simple reason that I feel happy when I play it lol. So playing it for however many hours of CAP grind is fine by me, but it will be nice to be able to do various CAP content, just to stop me going /tunnelvision and a bit weird.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I actually just did an Incursion run specifically for job points. I got about 18,322 in 45 minutes. Might've gotten more but I forgot to use my Mecistopins Mantle or Capacity Ring until halfway through. They come at about the same rate as I get them solo in Outer Ra'Kaznar. Also we had a lot of links, which were slept.... but then people split off and attacked different mobs anyway.

I feel like they come in at about the same rate as Aht Urghan era merits, or exceptional pre-75 levelling parties in the old days. So it's fine by me really. I think people are just spoiled by Abyssea, where they can just take a nap and get as much XP and merits as they want while someone else AOE kills monsters.

It also feels like people are putting out some contradictory complaints here. On the one hand they're like "This isn't fair now I need job points to play my job but it's too hard to get job points on my job!" and on the other it's like "Job points are so hard to get and the rewards from them so awful and not worth the effort." The former complaint I think is unfounded because the boosts, while nice, are not make-or-break for any job. If you're not getting invites it's because those jobs are unpopular and you don't have the reputation to get invited in spite of that. The latter complaint is silly because if you think that job points aren't worth the effort, the obvious solution is to not do them.
    (1)

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast