Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumbGame View Post
    Protey just ignore FrankReynolds, he doesn't even play. He also has been given the actual definition of things like fallacy, not his made up ones, and still chooses to claim how ignorant we are for not wanting JPs to be easier. Will probably save some time and discussion for people who really can provide legit reasons that JPs should be easier without bouncing back and forth with his idiocy.
    Okay, according to your math, it will take me 130 hours straight of JP farming with a group during a double CP campaign to cap my jobs on just my main character or 374 hours if I do it solo. And that's assuming that your math is actually correct. That's probably longer than it takes to level all those jobs. God forbid I miss the campaign. There's probably not a single other upgrade that I could do to my character that would take longer than that.

And you copied and pasted a the definition of fallacy but you still aren't using it in the proper context, so no points for you.
    (2)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 02-01-2015 at 07:42 AM.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    People need to quit acting like double CP campaigns and 50% capes from Incursion are the norm, because they are not. Yes when you've tripled (campaign+cape+ring) the rate of CP then yeah it does indeed seem fine. When the rate is normal it does not. That's my point. Normal is glacial. The normal rate needs to rise. Does that make it clear?
    I play two chars and neither of them obtained the lucky CAP backpiece from incursion coffers, I popped around 250 coffers total, and got a lot of dead mob pieces and also for some reason, endless SCH capes from the boss coffers (SE wants me to play SCH lol).

My Mithra mule got 87 Jobpoints on her WAR, with no cape at all. Nebula got 81 Jobpoints on Pup with no cape at all. Both characters did around 70% of battles during the double CAP events, and 30% during normal base CAP times and it didn't make my head explode like in Scanners, or anything like that.

Both my chars used the sparks ring, again around 70% of the time, and again when I was using no ring and just getting plain old CAP, I didn't start having the rotating-head effect like in The Exorcist.

You can now buy a cape on the AH for 180k~ that gives CAP+25%. It is probably quite hard to use the AH armor selection feature, and buy the cape, and then equip it too. Will the suffering never end? Also it is hard to obtain the sparks CAP rings, how are you supposed to get 5k sparks? What am I, Wonder Woman?

And you get multiple 5% CAP bonuses as you climb higher up the tiers of CAP gifts on your job. But to get those, you have to <gasp!> go out and kill mobs, which is obviously very difficult and upsetting.

I also have a 1% CAP bonus from my mog garden white-rabbit, Parsnips. Although I can see how hard and challenging it is to log in and trade moko grass to a fluffy rabbit once a day. So maybe that is yet another cruel and exclusive barrier of eliteness that locks most players out.
    (2)
    Last edited by Stompa; 02-01-2015 at 08:49 AM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I never complained about having to kill things for CP. So anything you said relating to that you can scratch off the list.

Again you relied mainly on double cap events to get the bulk of your CP. Thus again the numbers are skewed. There's no guarantee they'll continue into perpetuity and players shouldn't have to rely on a random special event to make meaningful progress in the game. You might as well say that 30,000 Alex is easy to get since it's a prize in Mog Bonanza.

We're talking about the new form of XP/Merits. If ANYTHING should be content for the masses it's that. If ANYTHING should be piss easy and flow like water at Niagra Falls, it's that. Pick a different type of content to prove your dedication through, as if anyone but you cares how much more love you have for a job than someone else does.
    (3)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    People need to quit acting like double CP campaigns and 50% capes from Incursion are the norm, because they are not. Yes when you've tripled (campaign+cape+ring) the rate of CP then yeah it does indeed seem fine. When the rate is normal it does not. That's my point. Normal is glacial. The normal rate needs to rise. Does that make it clear?
    Double CP campaigns aren't the norm? I'm pretty sure everyone has access to double CP campaigns..... lol. Also take note that you basically openly admit to not taking advantage of all opportunities to gain CP then complain you have none.

There is almost a double CP campaign every month for roughly 2 weeks. It might as well be the norm at the rate we get them, I guess I do feel that, since the majority of my JPs have been obtained during those events.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Double CP campaigns aren't the norm? I'm pretty sure everyone has access to double CP campaigns..... lol. Also take note that you basically openly admit to not taking advantage of all opportunities to gain CP then complain you have none.
    Um... you're just flat out lying now. I never said anything of the sort. Not even anything you could misconstrue. I have a 40% CP cape which I basically full time. I have a CP ring. I go for CP whenever I have free time, whether there is a campaign or not, because I also have to farm merits for LS events. I already told you how many JPs I have on my jobs.

There is almost a double CP campaign every month for roughly 2 weeks. It might as well be the norm at the rate we get them, I guess I do feel that, since the majority of my JPs have been obtained during those events.
    Yes that rate of CP should be the norm. Thank you.

(1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I never complained about having to kill things for CP. So anything you said relating to that you can scratch off the list.

Again you relied mainly on double cap events to get the bulk of your CP. Thus again the numbers are skewed. There's no guarantee they'll continue into perpetuity and players shouldn't have to rely on a random special event to make meaningful progress in the game. You might as well say that 30,000 Alex is easy to get since it's a prize in Mog Bonanza.

We're talking about the new form of XP/Merits. If ANYTHING should be content for the masses it's that. If ANYTHING should be piss easy and flow like water at Niagra Falls, it's that. Pick a different type of content to prove your dedication through, as if anyone but you cares how much more love you have for a job than someone else does.
    I didn't farm CAP to "prove" anything, or to be a "special snowflake" etc. I farmed CAP to improve my two favourite jobs, to make those jobs stronger and to customise them to my personal play style. I put a lot of my jobpoints into brackets that are probably less useful in big alliance events, and more useful on solo, this is because I like soloing, so I tailored my jobpoints to my solo play style.

Also in my last post I mentioned that when I was farming CAP with no ring and with no double-CAP event, it really wasn't a problem and didn't make me go into some kind of emotional tailspin or anything. With no ring and no cape and no x2 event, farming CAP was not crazy hardship or anything, it was OK.

The reason I did a lot of my CAP runs during x2 CAP events is simply because I wanted to go out and kill mobs and there happened to be an event on at that time. I would be just as happy to have farmed my CAP on base flat no-bonuses mode. So the numbers are not "skewed" as you say, I would have gone out and killed mobs and got CAP anyway without any bonuses, and gone home afterwards in just the same happy mood. I like killing monsters lol, if I have to kill extra monsters that works fine too.

Obviously we have different opinions, and that is why Forums exist, so that everyone can say what they think. My own opinion is that the flat base rate of CAP is not too low at all, and that there are now so many CAP bonus options easily available, that there is really not any problem with obtaining CAP.
    (2)
    Last edited by Stompa; 02-01-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Um... you're just flat out lying now. I never said anything of the sort. Not even anything you could misconstrue. I have a 40% CP cape which I basically full time. I have a CP ring. I go for CP whenever I have free time, whether there is a campaign or not, because I also have to farm merits for LS events. I already told you how many JPs I have on my jobs.

Yes that rate of CP should be the norm. Thank you.

May be "flat out lying" but the implication definitely stands that you talk like you don't have exp capes, or take advantage of CP campaigns or use rings from previous comments. There is no misconstruing, but if you take a stances where you imply certain things, expect judgements directed towards those implications.
    (0)
    Last edited by PlumbGame; 02-01-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    May be "flat out lying" but the implication definitely stands that you talk like you don't have exp capes, or take advantage of CP campaigns or use rings from previous comments. There is no misconstruing, but if you take a stances where you imply certain things, expect judgements directed towards those implications.
    What was implicated was that the system is a pain even for good players with benefits like capes.
    (4)

Player
    Protey just ignore FrankReynolds, he doesn't even play. He also has been given the actual definition of things like fallacy, not his made up ones, and still chooses to claim how ignorant we are for not wanting JPs to be easier. Will probably save some time and discussion for people who really can provide legit reasons that JPs should be easier without bouncing back and forth with his idiocy.
    Yea pretty much. On multiple occasions he has told blatant falsehoods, attacked a person rather than what they say, flaws in his logic, and spouted irrelevant nonsense. I'm pretty sure he is just trolling. How do you stop a troll? you ignore him. So I call on the other people here to do the same.
    (1)

Player
    Limit Breaks were always a stupid idea. Leveling IS the gate to content. Gating the gate is just absurd.
    do you have some kind of legitimate argument or just your opinion?

On what do you base this assumption? You have no idea what SE's plans are, and even if you did they seem to change from day to day.
    well the biggest jump in the history of the game was when SoA came out. Even if they did that same kind of jump again, it would still be less than what has been beaten, and we would have Gifts this time, more JPs, and whatever additions they may come up with.

You're making this into an either/or scenario. You seem to think that if the rate of CP is pushed upwards in any way shape or form that it's akin to having all categories maxed out for free. Have you forgotten how the rate of XP has been increased over the years while the XP needed per level has been lowered? Are you going to say that someone who leveled to 75 and merited during ToAU didn't "earn it" while someone who did so during Zilart/COP did? Are you going to say that people who used FOV/GOV or Campaign to XP didn't "earn it?" Did YOU use any of these methods? Did YOU benefit from XP rate increases, XP requirement reductions, new camps, etc.? I guarantee you did, so I guess that means you haven't "earned it" any more than anyone else has.
    It is an either/or scenario. Do the gate, or don't do the content. Same as with being able to wear gear... do the gate (level up) or don't be able to wear the gear. Why should anyone's progression be so easy? We are at extremely high level and it should be extremely time consuming to go up even a little bit. It shouldn't be getting CP easier, it should be getting CP harder. I've spent a total of about 6 hours intentionally farming CP. All the rest I got from doing day-to-day activities. I have 183 JP. They are too easy to get.
    (2)

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast