Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    There definitely is something wrong with this FrankReynolds guy because it's rare I agree with Alhanelem on about anything. Good job universe!
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    Without having to do much to obtain being better.
    Which in this case is what SE said would happen...

yes, you and others like you are doing so well at making the game better that when SE did what you advocate for it caused massive amounts of people to leave the game. Good job.
    Cool story bro. Too bad it's not true.

more falsehoods from you. PUG don't ask what JPs or merits one has.
    No, they just never invite you again when you suck because you don't have them.

wow, really. because the concept of gathering people together to figure something out just doesn't cross your mind? you know, like when content first comes out? and heaven forbid people actually look at wikis and forums to figure things out. I think you don't consider obvious possibilities, or possibly even omit them on purpose, and are just here to argue for the sake of arguing.
    lol yeah, the wiki will make you a born leader.

your statement does not disprove what i said. so no, my argument is not void. you just state irrelevant things.
    Likewise.

as is typical with someone who can't give legitimate arguments, you resort to immature name calling.
    If the shoe fits I guess...
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Which in this case is what SE said would happen...
    more fallacies from you. SE said they'd like to make it so that by going out and doing different types of content you will naturally earn a good amount of capacity points. They didn't say without having to do much to obtain them.

Cool story bro. Too bad it's not true.
    it is very true. a LOT of people left because the game got to easy... just what you are advocating even more for.

No, they just never invite you again when you suck because you don't have them.
    No, the sucking is from not knowing how to play your job properly because you are an instant gratification person and just aby burned your job. Suck less, learn2play.

lol yeah, the wiki will make you a born leader.
    The wiki and forums will tell you how to complete content. If you can't follow what it says, you have a personal issue. It's not hard to get people who also want to complete content and say "hey, since we all don't know what we are doing, let's read up on how to do it and do some trial and error until we get it right."

Likewise.
    Your response makes no sense as I post legitimate responses to what you say. You make up things that are irrelevant to the conversation and post them.

If the shoe fits I guess...
    thank you for admitting that you are incapable of giving a legitimate argument.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It's weird but I agree with the people with whom I usually disagree vehemently. With trusts, CP are doable on absolutely any job. It really is just a matter of how badly you want it. Yeah they're grindy, and you have to be on the job you want CP for, but the changes represent permanent improvements to your character. You don't have to pick and choose which categories to spend JP on, you can spend it on all of them. It's a long term goal for people who like grindy long term goals.

Now, there are concerns. As people have said, SE did make it sound like they would be bonuses and not be all that powerful to the point where they'd make a difference. I do think they misled us there because it's pretty clear with the SU1 designation and JA/spells unlocked by JP that they will make a difference.

But the other complaint with JP was that they weren't worth doing because the bonuses were so minor. So while I agree that it may or may not have been SE's plan all along (and probably in conflict with their original vision and/or official statement on the matter), it's probably better for the game if JP are actually worthwhile and improve your character. Why is that important? Well, I think that since ilvls were introduced, only our gear was getting stronger while our characters were the same. I would like to see a greater emphasis on our characters getting stronger, not just our gear.

CP as it is now is already pretty accessible to anybody, you just have to really want it. I do think that it's a little more difficult than it has to be though. There aren't enough good CP camps for 6-man PTs. There are too many afk botters. If the 10th upgrade costs 10 JP, that doesn't bode well for when they raise the cap for each category. Plus it takes a pretty Herculean effort to cap multiple jobs. I think SE will gradually make CP easier though.

It's not as bad when you view the big picture. When you XP, you get merits, CP, accolades, and sparks. You can spend the accolades on Wanted fights which earn you gear, merits, CP, and sparks. You spend the merits on hard mode BCs for gear and AF/relic upgrades. And you can spend the sparks on NPCables or whatever. It all works together.
    (7)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well, you know when an argument has gone down the crapper as soon as posts are being picked apart line by line or sentence by sentence. (I've been guilty of this enough times to know). If one post contains like 10 quotations, best not to bother with it.
    (3)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    This is how we will reach the highest levels of advancement.
    It reminds me of Armor Grades from Lineage 2.

JP aren't going anywhere, quit now if you don't like them.
    (3)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    This is how we will reach the highest levels of advancement.
    It reminds me of Armor Grades from Lineage 2.

JP aren't going anywhere, quit now if you don't like them.
    Something I'm sure SE would love to happen to their cash cow.
    (1)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Something I'm sure SE would love to happen to their cash cow.
    Well apparently the biggest complainer of the last 10ish + pages isn't even playing in the first place, so don't know if it matters either way.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumbGame View Post
    Well apparently the biggest complainer of the last 10ish + pages isn't even playing in the first place, so don't know if it matters either way.
    Are you talking about yourself?
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I just can't wrap my head around why some people want to make what's essentially leveling into the content that separates the special snowflakes from the unwashed masses. There is room for content for the "dedicated," but this is not the place for it. Would the game really have been better if only a fraction of the population could reasonably make it to level 99 and everyone else was stuck at 98 or at some arbitrary point in between? Leveling, meriting, and Job Points should be content for everyone to enjoy at a reasonable pace. Find some other way for people who need validation from their gaming experience to get their psychological needs met. Don't make me or anyone else shoulder that load.
    (4)

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast