Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Okay but buying 10 coffees and getting the 11th free is not the same thing as getting a free coffee. Yeah, you didn't have to pay anything for that 11th coffee but you also had to buy 10 coffees to make it happen.
    (5)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Think of it like this. When a company doesn't pay enough, people quit and / or decline their job offers. Why? Because the pay isn't in line with the value of the work performed. So they offer more money. It's not free money. People still have to work for it.

The same thing applies here. People don't feel that the pay is equal to the work. They don't want free CP. They want CP quantities balanced to their value. There's always gonna be that one guy who just loves the work so much that he doesn't care if he gets paid at all, but the rest of the world doesn't work that way.

There is no "free" money. Just some people demand more for their effort.

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Okay but buying 10 coffees and getting the 11th free is not the same thing as getting a free coffee. Yeah, you didn't have to pay anything for that 11th coffee but you also had to buy 10 coffees to make it happen.
    And they probably charged you more for the first 10 cups to compensate for that "free" one
    (6)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 02-06-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I don't party I solo my jobs i don't aby burn or book burn. ..didn't sumner burn either i figured y burn something then have to spend time skilling it lol...now there are books to skill with but do u kno the job? not really
    (0)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    Amount doesn't matter, 99% free or 1% free, it's still partially free.
    Yeah except we all know 2% fat milk tastes better than 1%. :P

Sometimes amount truly matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    Net gain: $100.
    No, just not as big of a loss. In order to have gained she would have needed to have been paid to take the boots. With your example (of the boots costing $300), she would only be -$200 instead of -$300, but would still have less money after leaving the store than she had had before entering.

Saving money and gaining money are two different things. Sales and discounts are savings, not profits.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    How can you all not understand that this is here to rectify the Abyssea mistake of allowing every job to be burned to 99.
    Its so obvious it makes this entire thread pointless.

Start grinding your JP and stop posting in this thread. Or quit XI.
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    How can you all not understand that this is here to rectify the Abyssea mistake of allowing every job to be burned to 99.
    Its so obvious it makes this entire thread pointless.

Start grinding your JP and stop posting in this thread. Or quit XI.
    I suppose you're right, perhaps you should petition SE to delete every account that hasn't farmed 50 job points on a job by now, the gear is clearly labelled superior and therefore only the superior players should remain.

Oh right, SE wouldn't have much of an MMO left if they had a "Grind JP or quit" philosophy.
    (5)

Greetings,

We have received several questions in regards to Superior gear, so we'd like to explain the concept for Superior in general.

Superior gear was introduced to allow powerful item level gear to be created by crafters, which horizontally expands ways to increase your item level.

As many of you already know, equipment introduced post Adoulin were given item levels. The concept here is to have players obtain equipment with item levels corresponding to the difficulty of the current content, and having their stats increase according to these item levels.

However, there are various ways to play FFXI, and there are those who enjoy their time in Vana'diel without participating in high-level end game content.

We considered introducing high level items without the EX trait which could be purchased through the auction house or synthesized by high skilled crafters; however, if we introduced this powerful gear without restrictions, it would have allowed players to simply purchase powerful item level gear from crafters or the auction house.

This goes against the concept of players completing specific tasks to increase the strength of their jobs and growing their character.

For this reason, we introduced the Gift system where players can obtain gifts by accumulating job points, which is similar to leveling up. With the introduction of the Gift system we were able to add in Superior gear which has become another route for players to gain item levels without going through end game content.

Superior gear is designed so that Superior 1 allows players to aim for gear with item level 119 so that they might challenge the end game content, and Superior 2 opens up equipment with even greater stats. We would like players who don't have the opportunity to participate in end game content to use superior gear as another way to increase your item level and grow your character.
    (9)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings,

We have received several questions in regards to Superior gear, so we'd like to explain the concept for Superior in general.

Superior gear was introduced to allow powerful item level gear to be created by crafters, which horizontally expands ways to increase your item level.

As many of you already know, equipment introduced post Adoulin were given item levels. The concept here is to have players obtain equipment with item levels corresponding to the difficulty of the current content, and having their stats increase according to these item levels.

However, there are various ways to play FFXI, and there are those who enjoy their time in Vana'diel without participating in high-level end game content.

We considered introducing high level items without the EX trait which could be purchased through the auction house or synthesized by high skilled crafters; however, if we introduced this powerful gear without restrictions, it would have allowed players to simply purchase powerful item level gear from crafters or the auction house.

This goes against the concept of players completing specific tasks to increase the strength of their jobs and growing their character.

For this reason, we introduced the Gift system where players can obtain gifts by accumulating job points, which is similar to leveling up. With the introduction of the Gift system we were able to add in Superior gear which has become another route for players to gain item levels without going through end game content.

Superior gear is designed so that Superior 1 allows players to aim for gear with item level 119 so that they might challenge the end game content, and Superior 2 opens up equipment with even greater stats. We would like players who don't have the opportunity to participate in end game content to use superior gear as another way to increase your item level and grow your character.
    You said nothing that we don't already know. You said nothing that we couldn't already infer from the name "Superior 1" vs "Superior 2" .....
    (2)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Grekumah,

You guys really should turn over development to us, the players, because the devs seem to get more clueless as time goes on.

Seriously, though. It would be a win-win for all those involved. SE can lease FFXI to a group of devs/players voted on by the FFXI community, probably the windower folks. They would in turn develop FFXI for minimal compensation and charge the player base enough so that SE can make a decent profit and pay for the server hosting. Yes, yes, I know how you guys feel about unofficial third party software, but from what I've heard, they've done a darn good job improving the play-ability of FFXI. Being an XBOX player, and considering the ultimate demise of FFXI on XBOX, I would like to see most of what is implemented in windower standard in FFXI. The development team has been following this trend anyway. And yes, I know the development environment is from the PS2 standpoint, and to continue maintaining FFXI a whole new environment would have to be put together and the code revamped and that would be as difficult as making a new MMO from scratch, but the player base dev community can actually make that happen! You can lease the game and the concept, the player base dev community would rejuvinate FFXI to come up to 2015 standards, and all SE would have to do is to make sure the general theme of FFXI is adhered to and reap in the dough! It's a win-win!

So how about it? Lease FFXI and concept to the player base development community so that we, the players, can have a better game with better expansions, and SE can have a cash cow with virtually zero maintenance. It's a win-win!
    (14)

Character
    Rainehx
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Grekumah,

You guys really should turn over development to us, the players, because the devs seem to get more clueless as time goes on.

Seriously, though. It would be a win-win for all those involved. SE can lease FFXI to a group of devs/players voted on by the FFXI community, probably the windower folks. They would in turn develop FFXI for minimal compensation and charge the player base enough so that SE can make a decent profit and pay for the server hosting. Yes, yes, I know how you guys feel about unofficial third party software, but from what I've heard, they've done a darn good job improving the play-ability of FFXI. Being an XBOX player, and considering the ultimate demise of FFXI on XBOX, I would like to see most of what is implemented in windower standard in FFXI. The development team has been following this trend anyway. And yes, I know the development environment is from the PS2 standpoint, and to continue maintaining FFXI a whole new environment would have to be put together and the code revamped and that would be as difficult as making a new MMO from scratch, but the player base dev community can actually make that happen! You can lease the game and the concept, the player base dev community would rejuvinate FFXI to come up to 2015 standards, and all SE would have to do is to make sure the general theme of FFXI is adhered to and reap in the dough! It's a win-win!

So how about it? Lease FFXI and concept to the player base development community so that we, the players, can have a better game with better expansions, and SE can have a cash cow with virtually zero maintenance. It's a win-win!
    Hilarious notion!

If this where the case it would be weeks till you had every decent item in the game available at the mog house for free, have you read the posts on the forum of people asking for things to be given to them? yeah lets do what the playerbase wants. The game would be dead in a month, mission accomplished?

Its really frustrating how the few try to change the game for them, regardless of the effect on others who have played for many many years and are quite content, the ones who are likely to play even after updates stop because they enjoy the game, not just prancing about displaying there recent shinnies. the ones SE should try to keep not drive away.

I wouldn't do it, if I found this game so incompatible to myself I wouldn't play, not try to make it worse for others to my benefit, and what a dwindling few we now seem to be.
    (3)

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast