Allow me to summarize it for you in the immortal words of one Kevin Chang:
    (9)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Maybe I need to go to 'Adventurers Anonymous' meetings or something, because I actually found it quite fun and not especially difficult to get two jobs to 80+ jobpoints. Not super-easy, and really quite grindy, but not like omg I'm a special snowflake now coz I battered some mobs and made some numbers go up, for a month or so.

Maybe I can go to Adventurers Anonymous meetings and have a big Group Hug with other Adventurers who also quite enjoy just killing random mobs for hours and not really thinking its a big deal.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    At this point I would be satisfied if everyone just agreed to never use the words "Fallacy" or "Fallacies" again without being absolutely certain that they know what the word means and that they are using it in the proper context.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    I just can't wrap my head around why some people want to make what's essentially leveling into the content that separates the special snowflakes from the unwashed masses. There is room for content for the "dedicated," but this is not the place for it. Would the game really have been better if only a fraction of the population could reasonably make it to level 99 and everyone else was stuck at 98 or at some arbitrary point in between? Leveling, meriting, and Job Points should be content for everyone to enjoy at a reasonable pace. Find some other way for people who need validation from their gaming experience to get their psychological needs met. Don't make me or anyone else shoulder that load.
    oh, what does this remind me of from 75 cap era.... Maat fight! It's a gated requirement, if you can't complete the gate for some reason, then don't do whatever non-existent content until you get yourself better. It will likely be a very, very long time before JP/Gifts are necessary to complete content as people have completed level 143 content at level 119 without Gifts. And as such people should have progressed by that time to having JPs and Gifts in whatever jobs they play the most. You might argue "what about new people?" people had to level to 75 at 75 cap before they could do end-game, no difference. Do the gated requirement or don't expect to be able to do all content. This isn't a pay to play game. Earn your accomplishments and access to end game.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    oh, what does this remind me of from 75 cap era.... Maat fight! It's a gated requirement, if you can't complete the gate for some reason, then don't do whatever non-existent content until you get yourself better. It will likely be a very, very long time before JP/Gifts are necessary to complete content as people have completed level 143 content at level 119 without Gifts. And as such people should have progressed by that time to having JPs and Gifts in whatever jobs they play the most. You might argue "what about new people?" people had to level to 75 at 75 cap before they could do end-game, no difference. Do the gated requirement or don't expect to be able to do all content. This isn't a pay to play game. Earn your accomplishments and access to end game.
    The content in question is a time sink, not a challenge of skill. You can have all the job points and still suck. Stop pretending that you are good at the game because you earned some points.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    The content in question is a time sink, not a challenge of skill. You can have all the job points and still suck. Stop pretending that you are good at the game because you earned some points.
    another fallacy from you. nowhere did i say that one is good at the game because you earned some points. i said it was gated content. learn2read.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    another fallacy from you. nowhere did i say that one is good at the game because you earned some points. i said it was gated content. learn2read.
    ...then don't do whatever non-existent content until you get yourself better
    You don't even understand the implications of the things that you say. How can you possibly expect me to learn2read them?
    (3)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    oh, what does this remind me of from 75 cap era.... Maat fight! It's a gated requirement, if you can't complete the gate for some reason, then don't do whatever non-existent content until you get yourself better.
    Limit Breaks were always a stupid idea. Leveling IS the gate to content. Gating the gate is just absurd.

It will likely be a very, very long time before JP/Gifts are necessary to complete content as people have completed level 143 content at level 119 without Gifts. And as such people should have progressed by that time to having JPs and Gifts in whatever jobs they play the most.
    On what do you base this assumption? You have no idea what SE's plans are, and even if you did they seem to change from day to day.

You might argue "what about new people?" people had to level to 75 at 75 cap before they could do end-game, no difference. Do the gated requirement or don't expect to be able to do all content. This isn't a pay to play game. Earn your accomplishments and access to end game.
    You're making this into an either/or scenario. You seem to think that if the rate of CP is pushed upwards in any way shape or form that it's akin to having all categories maxed out for free. Have you forgotten how the rate of XP has been increased over the years while the XP needed per level has been lowered? Are you going to say that someone who leveled to 75 and merited during ToAU didn't "earn it" while someone who did so during Zilart/COP did? Are you going to say that people who used FOV/GOV or Campaign to XP didn't "earn it?" Did YOU use any of these methods? Did YOU benefit from XP rate increases, XP requirement reductions, new camps, etc.? I guarantee you did, so I guess that means you haven't "earned it" any more than anyone else has.
    (2)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    I just can't wrap my head around why some people want to make what's essentially leveling into the content that separates the special snowflakes from the unwashed masses. There is room for content for the "dedicated," but this is not the place for it. Would the game really have been better if only a fraction of the population could reasonably make it to level 99 and everyone else was stuck at 98 or at some arbitrary point in between? Leveling, meriting, and Job Points should be content for everyone to enjoy at a reasonable pace. Find some other way for people who need validation from their gaming experience to get their psychological needs met. Don't make me or anyone else shoulder that load.
    I'm confused. Everyone that puts the time into gaining JPs do obtain them at a reasonable pace. I think this topic needs to be clarified more, because people are acting as if JPs are hard to obtain or really time consuming. I'll say what I said again in an earlier thread which seemed to be looked over so people could straw man the argument some more. I was able to get roughly 15 jps an hour during a double CP campaign (which these happen quite frequently). This was with 2 plds, no cor, a smn, me on thf, and a brd. That takes roughly 7 1/2 hours to cap out 2 categories of JPs. Give you all the current gifts. 7 1/2 hours....................... You are seriously trying to say that you can't make a pt over the last how long has jps been in now? And get some freaking JPs? This is why people are against the idea of making JPs easier. They are already being handed out. Just stop sitting in town thinking you should get them, or prioritizing everything over obtaining any. So who are the special snowflakes again?

Protey just ignore FrankReynolds, he doesn't even play. He also has been given the actual definition of things like fallacy, not his made up ones, and still chooses to claim how ignorant we are for not wanting JPs to be easier. Will probably save some time and discussion for people who really can provide legit reasons that JPs should be easier without bouncing back and forth with his idiocy.

Let me do some more math. Most double CPs seem seem last roughly 2weeks. Even if you were to only obtain 5 JPs an hour which you can do even solo. It would take 22hours to cap out 2 entire categories, give you all current gifts, and you would only have to spend roughly 1.5 hours everyday during the double CP to get that far. Now given that JPs weren't just added yesterday, and the plethora of double CP campaigns, again, you guys are saying you couldn't of had at least gotten the JPs you wanted by now, it's too hard? It's unfair?
    (2)
    Last edited by PlumbGame; 02-01-2015 at 05:51 AM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    People need to quit acting like double CP campaigns and 50% capes from Incursion are the norm, because they are not. Yes when you've tripled (campaign+cape+ring) the rate of CP then yeah it does indeed seem fine. When the rate is normal it does not. That's my point. Normal is glacial. The normal rate needs to rise. Does that make it clear?
    (3)

Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast