Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

New pacts :-)

From the Freshly Picked...

Summoner

In the next version update we will be introducing various new Blood Pacts including Hastega II.
    Just in time for Christmas ;-)

Art.
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I hope there's Flurryga, Flurryga II, and the rest of Cait's bloodpacts.
    (0)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    New Bloodpact Suggestions
    Here's hoping it's not too late to suggest some blood pact ideas for the December update. These ideas are based on a few different things:
    1. Versatility - Summoner's have always had a wide variety of tools in their toolbox. Most of these are tools that we don't already have.
    2. Quality of life - making the time consuming monotonous tasks easier and faster.
    3. Unimplemented Blood Pacts - blood pacts that were used by avatars that still haven't been given to summoners.
    4. Increase in lvl and ilvl (since 75) - some old BPs need to be replaced.
    5. Blood Pacts that reflect the element of the avatar - sure, there may have been some strange BPs, like shiva's sleepga, and leviathan's slowga, but for the most part, BPs have made sense for the avatar they were assigned to. Tidal Roar is water and reduces attack (which is represented by fire), and Diamond Storm is ice and reduces evasion (which is represented by wind), etc.
    6. Balance - I'm not going to suggest any crazy ridiculously strong blood pacts, because that's just silly, and counterproductive, and it wastes people's time.

Hastega II - Garuda - We know it's coming; I'm just hoping that Garuda will be the one that has it. I'm hoping that the dev's haven't been implying that they're only going to add more BPs to Cait Sith, and that one of those would be Hastega II.

Aqua Fortis - Leviathan - Grants the effect of Aquaveil to party members within area of effect. This is finishing up the light based buff trio of stoneskin/blink/aquaveil, which we already have 2/3 of in the form of Earthen Ward and Aerial Armor. This would be a nice to have buff for blink tanks, or paladins that cant time their casting correctly.

Breakga - Titan - Petrifies enemies with the area of effect - Other jobs already have this, so it's not too unreasonable to ask for this. Petrification is earth based, so it matches Titan, and he's lacking in the ward department currently.

Ion Shower - Ramuh - Reduces magic defense for enemies within the area of effect - Lightning trumps water, and water represents magic defense/MND. A magic defense reducing BP would enhance our versatility.

Malaise - Ifrit - Inflicts plague and/or addle on enemies within the area of effect - I would be happy with either plague or addle or both. Currently we only have one fire-element debuff (amnesia) out of the 3 that currently exists, which strangely enough is inflicted by a light element avatar (Cait Sith via Eerie Eye). This idea might not work for the devs, seeing as how ifrit currently only has offensive based abilities, and no enfeebles. If that's the case, then maybe the next suggestion would better fit Ifrit.

Flames of Rage - Grants the effect of Potency to party members within the area of effect. We currently don't have any crit boosting BPs, it fits with theme of Ifrit (offensive power), although it's critical chance, which really should be Ramuh's department (not to mention Ramuh's favor already does this). But, that shouldn't matter too much, we already have BPs that provide the same effects as Favors (Dream Shroud / Shiva's Favor / Cait Sith's Favor).

Bindga - Shiva - Binds enemies within area of effect. There's not much else we can do with Shiva besides give her bindga. She already has Diamond Storm, which reduces the stat associated with wind. She has ice spikes, which can be handy. We already essentially have paralyga in the form of Thunderspark. And we already have a form of magic attack bonus in the form of Dream Shroud. I'm not sure what else we could give her.

Healing Ruby III - Carbuncle - Heals party members within the area of effect.- With the level increase to 99 and ilvl beyond that, Healing Ruby II (which is the strongest BP heal) is sorely outdated, and should be replaced by a more potent aoe heal.

Protectra V/Shellra V/Proshellra V - Cait Sith - Grants the effect of Protect/Shell to party members within area of effect. This is a quality of life improvement. We can already cast protect and shell 5 via light spirit, but it takes A VERY LONG TIME, not to mention we also have to keep haste and regen up on our current buff target, or light spirit may well cast regen or haste on them instead of buffing them. We also have to keep light spirit facing our target, which can be tough because light spirit does not have a face, so you have to keep track of the direction it was last traveling to determine which direction it will pick its target from; oh but you can help speed it along by casting invisible on yourself so he won't cast on you. tldr: buffing an entire party with light spirit is not fun.

Cacodemonia- Diabolos - Inflicts curse upon the target enemy - Here's a blood pact that we never got that Diabolos always had. For balance purposes this should be single target, and it should either have reduced accuracy (but not as bad as Pavor Nocturnus), or not be effective on NMs, or just cost a ridiculous amount of mp.

Hypnogenesis - Diabolos - Another blood pact that summoners never got to use. I would have suggested this blood pact too, but it's essentially Night Terror, so there's no need to add it now, unless the dev's want to add some sort of twist to it.

Lunar Yowl - Fenrir - Inflicts magic evasion down and magic accuracy down on target enemy - This fits with Fenrir's previous buffs/debuffs that focused on accuracy/evasion, and incorporates the twist of Fenrir's favor (m.eva boost). Or, we could flip it, and turn it into the following party buff:

Ecliptic Yowl - Fenrir - Grants magic evasion boost and magic accuracy boost to party members within the area of effect. This is probably the better of the two ideas, as this wouldn't have to pass a m.acc check to be useful. Although if you were in an alliance, the first would be better. Choices choices.....

Here's a few more last minute ideas:
    Divine Protection - Cait Sith - Aoe party Migawari
    Crystal Prison - Shiva - Aoe enemy terror (short duration, would be useful for stun-resistant mobs)
    Mana Boon - Shiva - Aoe party manawell. Copying a 10 minute ability may be reasonable, seeing has how Ifrit has a long duration warcry (which is on a 5 min recast for warrior).
    Earthen Fortitude - Titan - Aoe party HP boost
    Concealing Wind - Garuda - Aoe party deodorize, sneak, and invisible.

New Avatar Suggestion
    Seeing as how the newest addition of Freshly Picked Vana'diel mentioned the possibility of unlocking new spells via job points, I thought this would be a good opportunity to make a case for adding Bahamut to the summoner lineup.

We've already seen that it's possible for avatars to be implemented as summonable avatars without losing their "legendary status" (or whatever reason was originally given for Bahamut being non-summonable during CoP). This was accomplished in the ToAU storyline via the introduction of Astral Flow exclusive avatars. I think that Bahamut would fit perfectly into the line up of Astral Flow exclusive avatars; he's a legendary storyline figure that just happens to be an avatar (just like Alexander and Odin). He already has a signature move that could be used as a unique Blood Pact: Megaflare (or perhaps Terraflare). Both Odin's and Alexander's summoner blood pacts were tweaked from their original implementation, and I think Megaflare should be tweaked as well so that it serves as a unique blood pact.

The new implementation of Megaflare would do aoe non-elemental damage to enemies, (instead of its original fire elemental damage), similar to Meteor. This new implementation of Megaflare isn't a wild stretch of the imagination, because in previous games, this ability was non-elemental. This would then, of course, end Astral Flow, and unsummon Bahamut. If you're in a situation where you're spamming aoe Astral Flow blood pacts to burn down enemies, this blood pact would serve as the perfect finishing move to use before Astral Flow runs out.

Or, instead of an aoe move, this could instead be implemented as a single target attack that does a massive amount of damage (roughly the amount of a 6 person meteor). Or, you could keep it as an aoe attack, and just scale the damage with the amount of mp spent (200 mp - 1 person meteor, ...., 1200 mp - 6 person meteor).

In any case, I see no reason why Bahamut couldn't be added to our summonable lineup as one of our Astral Flow exclusive avatars. I think that by doing this, you'd also make a lot of summoners really happy , and believe me, we're a hard bunch to please. I know because I read the forums, haha.
    (3)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    not to be mean, but at this point i doubt y'all are ever getting bahamut, heck atm you got a better chance of getting Hades (yes Hades has been an avatar in a few other ff's), but even that's slim, next avatar more than likely.... drum roll pls....... and the envelope ......... Fat Chocobo >.>;
    (0)

Bahamut plz, we need it
    (0)

Character
    Darkdragongers
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I haven't seen new avatar Siren yet?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshaka View Post
    New Bloodpact Suggestions

Malaise - Ifrit - Inflicts plague and/or addle on enemies within the area of effect - I would be happy with either plague or addle or both. Currently we only have one fire-element debuff (amnesia) out of the 3 that currently exists, which strangely enough is inflicted by a light element avatar (Cait Sith via Eerie Eye). This idea might not work for the devs, seeing as how ifrit currently only has offensive based abilities, and no enfeebles. If that's the case, then maybe the next suggestion would better fit Ifrit.

Bindga - Shiva - Binds enemies within area of effect. There's not much else we can do with Shiva besides give her bindga. She already has Diamond Storm, which reduces the stat associated with wind. She has ice spikes, which can be handy. We already essentially have paralyga in the form of Thunderspark. And we already have a form of magic attack bonus in the form of Dream Shroud. I'm not sure what else we could give her.

Ecliptic Yowl - Fenrir - Grants magic evasion boost and magic accuracy boost to party members within the area of effect. This is probably the better of the two ideas, as this wouldn't have to pass a m.acc check to be useful. Although if you were in an alliance, the first would be better. Choices choices.....

Here's a few more last minute ideas:
    Divine Protection - Cait Sith - Aoe party Migawari
    Mana Boon - Shiva - Aoe party manawell. Copying a 10 minute ability may be reasonable, seeing has how Ifrit has a long duration warcry (which is on a 5 min recast for warrior).
    The ones I left I don't know if they'd be too useful, or don't quite fit. Overall, I like most of what you've got. Plague might be useful in select situations, but most things that you'd need to use it on wouldn't be phased by it, so Addle would be more useful (if it sticks.) I also can't really see too much use for bindga, but I guess if you already have hate on a mob it'd be useful... but with our avatars are little punch crazy it might end up breaking it before we get a chance to flee. u_u and while I like the Fenrir BP, I'd like it more as the one against the enemies. Earthen Armor is sadly our version of Migawari. And the Manawell is fun to play with, but with a 1 minute cast time for BPs it'd have to have a super high cost for us to even get something like that. Free Cure VI for life!!

These are the Blood Pacts I'd like to see add: (One of which you shared, but I like my name more :3) As well, I'd like to have Fenrir's lunar cycle removed from his abilities and an En-element BP for all the Avatars.
    (Fenrir) Heavenward Howl - Grants Endrain to all Party Members within the Area of Effect
    (Titan) Terra Bulwark* - Increases Max HP for Traget Party Members with the area of effect. (Max Increase 15%)
    (Diabolos) Shadow's Reredos* - Increases Max MP for Target Party Members with the area of effect (Max Increase 20%)
    (Diabolos) Ethereal Beckoning - Grants Enaspir to all Party Members within the area of effect
    (Cait Sith) Holy III - High DMG Light-Based Single Target
    (Carbuncle) Reflective Ruby - Grants Magic Shield to Party Members within the Area of Effect

I'd also love a RACC/RATT BP. If we have to compete with BRD and COR, might as well come at them swinging. ^_^
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 11-16-2014 at 05:24 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdragongers View Post
    I haven't seen new avatar Siren yet?
    They seemed to have scrapped Siren, she was in the concept art but nowhere in Adoulin.
    (0)