Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Seekers of Adoulin lore plothole, please ask the Developer in charge of the story!

Why are there no Dragoons or Dragons at all in all of Seekers of Adoulin? Did the developers forget their own lore or was it an intentional omission. If it was accidental, I hope they don't balk and say "oh...uh well, all dragons suddenly went extinct after the crystal war." Because that would be a silly cop out!

So there's this Freelancer NPC from Wings of the Goddess named Achtelle. She's a Dragoon from Adoulin. The NPC that tells you information on Freelancers says this about her:
    Achtelle is a young Elvaan wyverness from Adoulin Isle to the west, the proud keeper-weepers of the last of the dragoon tradition. The draketamers there herald her as the most skilled of their order.
    What's a drake/draketamer? Seekers of Adoulin is over and we have never seen or heard about drakes nor draketamers in any quest/mission at all.

Achtelle says this herself:
    Are you ... a dragoon!? That is a most welcome relief. I had come to ascertain for myself whether or not there are still those to carry on the ways of our kind."
    I go by the name Achtelle. I hail from Adoulin Isle. Word has reached there that the dragoons and their wyverns have long since disappeared from these eastern lands. Tell me, is it true?"
    From Achtelle's surprised reaction to there not being any Dragons in the Middle Lands, one could surmise that there are some in Adoulin. Besides Sajj'aka, we've seen not one thus far.

Besides Sajj'aka, not a single Dragon/Wyrm/Wyvern/Puk seen and not a single 'draketamer' exists in Adoulin'. Not a single lance/polearm/spear wielding NPC, the only Dragoon mentioned was Hennetiel, who lived hundreds of years prior to Achtelle. Flavira is the decendent of Hennetial so perhaps she's a Dragoon(she wears his Cirque body armor like Hennetiel but never seen with a weapon).

Mount Kamhir is the zone where Sajj'aka lives and honestly would have been a cool place for a zone full of Dragons with Light weather constantly(light weather due to it's high lattitude and altitude for auroras and Sajjaka being a holy dragon. A zone with plentiful dragons and common light weather would have served to be an interestingly stark contrast to Ra'Kaznar which is a dark based zone filled with Demons(dragons' mortal enemies according to the Beast Strength Charts). Since every zone has a theme/element(Kamhir=Ice/Beasts; Moh Gates/Morimar= Fire/Lizards; Ceizak=Wind/Vermin; Marjami=Thunder/Birds, Yorcia=Earth/Plantoids; Foret=Water/Aquans; Ra' Kaznar=Dark/Demons, Mount Kamhir would have been a perfect place for a Light/Dragons zone.

Could you ask the dev team what the deal is with this plot hole and if they plan to address this? I was disappointed when I heard that Seekers of Adoulin was ending because as an avid Dragoon player, I was exited back in 2008 when I learned there was a region/city where Dragons and Dragoons are plentiful, since according to the Dragoon quests, the player(you) are the last surviving Dragoon and your Wyvern is the last of its kind.

Alas, I would like to know why the red herring of Adoulin having Dragoons and Dragons was even mentioned if it wasn't going to be expanded on in some aspect.
    (11)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 11-14-2014 at 02:30 PM.

I've wondered this too, and I'm glad you put the question into a much more detailed format than I could've come up with. It is really disappointing that there is no tie-in.

I'm also curious if Lehko Habhoka ever made it to Adoulin. He talks about traveling and mentions the Ulbuka continent. Granted, it's probably not as big of an impact as the draketamer/dragoon issue.
    (3)

Curious questions indeed!

We'll talk to the team and see if we can get some information for you.

Even though the Seekers of Adoulin missions are over we'll be adding various quests in the version updates to come that will explore more of the Adoulin lore. I can't say for certain, but perhaps some of your questions will be answered after completing them.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Why can't that be a valid answer? It was a valid answer for a lot of things, the great war made them extinct! I'm still waiting for unanswered questions for the ending of Adoulin though, I'm expecting Odin to be behind it lol.
    (2)

Player
    There's also a big question about that Balamor. And there's really heavy indication of "someone" pulling the strings on those final battles.
    (2)

Yeah if he was really human someone had to grant him those powers, especially when he took the monster form. Odin all over it!
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Player's wyverns have four legs but Achtelle's full grown wyvern doesn't. What exactly happens to a wyvern's front legs? Do they just fall off at some point?
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 11-16-2014 at 10:37 AM.

The only thing I can figure, pet wyverns are considered "domesticated," so to me that says "selective breeding for desired traits." Like the difference between a wolf and a terrier.
    Or SE simply designed them for cuteness. *shrugs*
    (0)

Character
    Makenshiroi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I was wondering what happened to balamor. He was there at the final battle and then just vanished.
    (0)
    My FFXI "Where the hell is Mak" video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woxN-P-9a9Q

I’ve returned from my mission to secure lore information! I did my best to get what I could out of the Lore Team...

First, in regards to the question about draketamers. Its seems that each order of the Twelve Orders has some type of an animal-related alias. As it happens, those from the Order of Thurandaut call themselves “draketamers”. The NPC Flaviria is the current heir of the Order of Thurandaut. The team mentioned that there might just be a quest that goes into more detail about the draketamers in the future.

Finally, good ol’ Lehko Habhoka…
    This is a character whose past is heavily shrouded in mystery and he has been around to many places before arriving in Windurst, so there is good possibility he stopped in Adoulin at some point during his travels.
    (11)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast