Changes to spur in light of changes to pet TP abilties

Now that pet abilities are no longer locked to pet TP, the ability spur has lost a lot of it's usefulness, since TP will often not get over 100 before it is dispersed by pet ability use.

Would the developers consider changing spur to something like an efflux effect, giving a potency and TP bonus to the next pet WS instead of store TP?

Considering that pet abilities are currently very lackluster in terms of damage dealt (even abilities that are primarly damage dealing don't do very much damage even to DC targets) this might help boost beastmaster's pet's damage output somewhat without forcing the developers to mess with monsters/level correction etc.
    (6)
    Last edited by Olor; 11-14-2014 at 02:57 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

I was able to ask the dev. team about your request, but there are no plans to adjust “Spur” at the moment. However, there is some beastmaster related information I would like to talk about. =D

I’d like discuss some of the future adjustments the development team has planned for beastmaster.

As a broad direction of where they’d like to take beastmaster, they want to focus adjustments so that they are a job that deals good damage over time when both the master and pet attack in tandem.

To start out, in the December version update we will be making adjustments to the master-side of the equation by boosting the power of all single-handed weapons’ weapon skills.

To coincide with this adjustment we had originally planned to add an ability that would allow you to boost the damage of a pet’s special attack; however, we determined that more drastic adjustments were needed for pets. As such we’re putting this off for now.

While I don’t have a specific time-frame to share with you at the moment, we’re also looking into having separate stats for the special attacks used by pets you summon using Call Beast that are different from that used by regular monsters.

Originally we had difficulties when trying to enhance pets’ special attacks because consequently enemy monsters would also become stronger, but with the aforementioned adjustment we are able to improve this. Please also rest assured that these adjustments will not lower the power of pets.

Additionally, we’re looking into various other adjustments such as making clearer special characteristics for each familiar pet.

All of these adjustments will take a bit of time to implement, but our goal is to make the necessary enhancements as we take in all of your feedback.
    (17)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    ...we determined that more drastic adjustments were needed for pets.
    <semicryingandtalking>You were listening... You really listened! I know I'm supposed to be a big bad beastmaster, but I'm so happy! <cryinglouder/> So very happy!</semicryingandtalking>
    (5)

Those sound like good change, could give BST a JA that improves their dmg too though. Something like Hasso, Last Resort or the adjustment dragoon recently got. Maybe enhanced killer effects that is based on the pet you have and works on everything or something.
    (1)

I was able to ask the dev. team about your request, but there are no plans to adjust “Spur” at the moment. However, there is some beastmaster related information I would like to talk about. =D

I’d like discuss some of the future adjustments the development team has planned for beastmaster.

As a broad direction of where they’d like to take beastmaster, they want to focus adjustments so that they are a job that deals good damage over time when both the master and pet attack in tandem.

To start out, in the December version update we will be making adjustments to the master-side of the equation by boosting the power of all single-handed weapons’ weapon skills.

To coincide with this adjustment we had originally planned to add an ability that would allow you to boost the damage of a pet’s special attack; however, we determined that more drastic adjustments were needed for pets. As such we’re putting this off for now.

While I don’t have a specific time-frame to share with you at the moment, we’re also looking into having separate stats for the special attacks used by pets you summon using Call Beast that are different from that used by regular monsters.

Originally we had difficulties when trying to enhance pets’ special attacks because consequently enemy monsters would also become stronger, but with the aforementioned adjustment we are able to improve this. Please also rest assured that these adjustments will not lower the power of pets.

Additionally, we’re looking into various other adjustments such as making clearer special characteristics for each familiar pet.

All of these adjustments will take a bit of time to implement, but our goal is to make the necessary enhancements as we take in all of your feedback.
    I appreciate the comments and the efforts, I really do, and I always liked meleeing with my pet so I'm glad you are headed back that way. Frankly, those guys who just stood off and threw pets at stuff were what gave beasts a bad name so I'm thrilled to see their playstyle die out as a viable option, summoner is over that way if you want to keep playing like that. But here's the deal, MY damage as the master is fine right now, I need no adjustments-not that I won't take them. The problem is the pet side of the equation. For a dual melee job like beast the pet needs to be able to tank, meaning it needs to be able to take and hold hate and then survive the consequences. I'm not seeing that in what you are describing. As to not making pets any weaker, thank you, I was tired of outdamaging them meleeing on my bard or my summoner, without buffs.

And I still want end-game content where my beast is viable, preferably by charming and yes, I do mean in the instanced battles where the only worthwhile rewards drop.
    (3)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Those sound like good change, could give BST a JA that improves their dmg too though. Something like Hasso, Last Resort or the adjustment dragoon recently got. Maybe enhanced killer effects that is based on the pet you have and works on everything or something.
    Yeah this is the sort of thing I've been thinking about. Different pet families could bring different buffs to the table. Pop Killer Instinct with a tiger pet and everyone gets an attack boost including the pet itself. Bring a crab and everyone gets a defensive boost. This would need to stack with any other similar buffs of course. If the master and pet are substantially improved as DD AND bring something beneficial to the rest of the party then BST might see some action.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I just hope that the vague reference to "pets" means all pets and not just beastmaster pets.
    (0)

Character
    Julissa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 20

feedback.
    So every 1 handed weapon's weapon skills will receive a boost? if so thats good as the 2 most overpowered damage dealers atm, monk and samurai dont use 1 handed weapons. Maybe we'll end up seeing warriors dual wielding axes again!
    (2)
    Last edited by madmartin; 11-16-2014 at 03:55 AM.

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    sam you are correct is op, mnk, is simply durable. on monsters you dont need formless strikes on wars and drks can crush them(assuming they dont die, which they more than likely will >.>, heck there not that far ahead of blus and ninjas anymore, but both of said jobs have higher durability so ummmmm ok trade off.
    (0)