Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    So basically the vocane ring is... maybe sort of a bit stronger than an augmented dark ring from Abyssea? Well, that probably just made a bunch of people's choices easier.
    In regards to most things Olor, but as someone pointed out on the FFXIAH forums (though I forget whom), Vocane is weaker vs breath damage if you have enough MDT+BDT to beat 7% on your augmented Dark Ring, and obviously HP/MP exchange and +1 stats/5% Cure recieved could be a deciding factor for some, but, probably not for most.
    (0)

It seems there was some miscommunication and the effects of these items do in fact stack. Apologies for the confusion!
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    It seems there was some miscommunication and the effects of these items do in fact stack. Apologies for the confusion!
    Thanks for the update. Does this mean we'll be able to achieve 100% [full] knockback resistance if we equip both Vocane Ring and Repulse Mantle? Or would it simply be 25% (KB * 0.5 * 0.5) ?
    (0)
    Last edited by Oakrest; 11-15-2014 at 06:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakrest View Post
    Thanks for the update. Does this mean we'll be able to achieve 100% [full] knockback resistance if we equip both Vocane Ring and Repulse Mantle? Or would it simply be 25% (KB * 0.5 * 0.5) ?
    I think this is a case of try it and find out
    (2)

We talked to the development team a bit more about the help text for the stats of the Vocane ring.

Since there is already a similar “Knockback Reduction” effect present for Marid Instinct III in Monstrosity, the development team will be looking into correcting the help text of this ring to state “Knockback Reduction+2”.

As a standard policy moving forward, the team will be doing their best to show the numerical values of stats found on equipment that are added in the future.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    What does the +2 mean though? +2 effect is equal to what? Does it reduce knockback by 2% 20% 2yalms?
    (5)

Character
    Carcer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    marid instinct iii does the same thing, so theoretically anyone could test it with a mob that they know uses knockback abilities (while in marid form) vs in standard player form. With a large enough sample size and strategically placed friends at certain yalm distances, it wouldn't be too terribly difficult to test this. Then find another mob type with knockback abilities that you KNOW does a different distance and you could easily tell if it's percentage based or yalm based.
    As a final aside: knockback has been tested with the repulse mantle (http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108...=1#post5810991) so it's theoretically possible that you could use the same mobs he did in the same methods he did to get a clearer picture of what "knockback reduction +2" actually means as concerns the ring: whether it's the same or more potent than the mantle. As the gear does stack, many people would be interested in these results. I have neither item nor do I have access to marids in monstrosity, but there you have it.
    (2)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I do appreciate the development team making efforts to be more clear on things in-game like equipment and TP. However, I personally feel like it needs to go further. Some pieces are pretty easy to discern what it does. However special things like this effect, even changed to "Knockback Reduction+2" doesn't help knowing what it does. Either way it still has to be tested by the playerbase and only if someone cares about what that affect is.

What I find odd is the development team's desire to keep things partially in the dark to encourage players to test it out and discuss it. But the only way to really test a lot of things is currently using 3rd party applications. Especially yalms.

I feel the obscurity is unnecessary and just artificial difficulty. Players will talk about gear in comparison no matter how clear the stats are. Also the players who like to test will always find things to test against. I think a better solution would be change it to "Knockback Reduction -X" with X being the amount of yalms. Same with other things that are technically a percent upgrade like Snapshot just being changed to +X%.
    (3)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'm curious, as a PLD doing AA fights, Mithra is a notorious one for knockback, with Repulse Mantle equipped I almost never get knocked back, without it, I get knocked back almost all the time.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    I'm curious, as a PLD doing AA fights, Mithra is a notorious one for knockback, with Repulse Mantle equipped I almost never get knocked back, without it, I get knocked back almost all the time.
    the item modifies how far you get knocked back, not the chance of it happening, so something else has to be at work there.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast