Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

"Personal Beast Pet!" (Give it a Read! You might like it)

(To Clarify, this is for Beastmasters only, Not for all Players!)
    Hope you enjoy the Read, I'm very open to ideas/Suggestions. Maybe get past the first sentence ?

Basics of the Personal Pet: Obtaining
    should come maybe 75+ to keep it powerful. The Quest would involve you finding a Beast-egg (The Quest would take you to specific Locations based on the Pet you chose to raise) and Bringing it back to Brutus. Of which you could raise it like a Chocobo (For about 15 Days) Til a Certain point.

Through this raising you would raise your affection with it like you would an Adventuring Fellow, but Affection would come into play later. Through Raising it they could also consider the possibility of increasing a pets stats/attributes/behavior... But that might be going a little too far. The Idea would be raising a 1-of-a-kind Companion, Being able to remake it over and over might cheapen that idea, But its open for debate.

Types of Pets!
    *(Bird)a Roc Pet, Found in Riverne B01, Near the entrance with all the Rocs, (Click ??? by a Tree, small cutscene to find egg). Roc Pets would have High Evasion, and General Thief Job Traits. (THF/WAR)
    *(Beast)A Buffalo pet, Found in Uleguerand Range, Near the frozen waterfall. (Click a ???, same as before, you see the pattern). A Buffalo pet would high Defense/Attack/HP. General PLD traits, Including the ability to Buff itself (Maybe?) (PLD/MNK)
    *(Vermin)A Wamoura Pet, Found in Mount Zhaylom (I imagine near Cerberus Area). This one would hatch as a Campa, and by day 7 turn into a Wamoura. Wamoura would have high INT/MAB, Making its Magical Based TP moves do great Damage. Also would have access to /WAR traits. (BLM/WAR). (Possible Access to some Spells?)
    *(Lizard) A Peiste Pet, Found in Pashhow Marshlands (S), near where Konsc zone is. Peistes would have High Accuracy/attack, Consider it a (WAR/DRG). It would have the lowest attack speed of all the pets.
    *(Plantoid) a Malboro, Found in Rolanberry fields in "Brutus Field". Malboro would be MNK/WAR Type. High Attack/Double Attack. Good TP moves. high HP.
    *(Aquan) an Orobon pet, Found in Arrapago Reef, on the ground near one of the boats. Orobon pets would have high HP an high Magic accuracy. Making its TP moves potent and have high-proc rate, Also gains Access to Several Single-Target (Water) BLM spells.
    *(Amorph) A Mini-Sandworm Pet. Can cast Earth Based Nukes/Debuffs. Has high INT/Attack. Moderate HP.

Each would "Hatch" as a smaller form of itself (Don't give me lip! Abyssea introduced the obvious ability for SE to hit the "Big" and "Small" Button to re-size a mob, They could do the same). And by day ~7 grow into its normal size.

Raising Your Pet!:
    Once you find the Egg you want above, You bring it to Brutus. You confirm this is the pet you want and it begins caring for it. By day 2 It hatches in a "Small" form. By this day you can walk it around Rolanberry Fields. Raise its Affection by Walking, or simply by spending time with it similar to Chocobo Raising. You can bring it pet food Biscuits to raise its affection too, Though Brutus will take care of "Feeding" Normally. By day 15 he's "Fight Ready!" and you can call him in Battle.

Similar to Chocobo Raising, There would be a Schedule to Care for your pet. It would be less intricate than a Chocobo Raising system. The Following are some activities.
    *While in Egg
    Can "Be with" your monster. Simply like Watching over it. Spend time with the Egg.

*When hatched
    Spend time with your pet.
    Go for a Walk with your Pet.
    Train with your pet: Physical
    Train with your pet: Magical

First off, You can only train once per day! Now, Training your pet Has two effects. One it will slightly raise their proficiency in the said field, Each "Training" would also have a Small chance to have your pet learn a Special Ability specific to Each pet. They all have a possibility of 2 Different Abilities, Learned from Training. The Abilities are as Follows:

Roc:
    -Critical Evasion: - Raises Evasion when HP is below 50%
    -Potent Beak: - Raises Critical hit Rate. (10%)

Buffalo
    -Critical Defense - Raises Defenses (PDT/MDT) When HP is Below 50%. (-10%)
    -Leeching Hide - Has Occasional "Dread Spikes" effect when hit. (5% proc rate)

Wamoura
    -Critical Magic - Raises Magic Accuracy and Magic Attack under 50% HP. (10%)
    -Burning Fur - Grants "Blaze Spikes" Effect: (15~30 Damage)

Peiste
    -Critical Aim - Increases Accuracy when HP is below 50%. (10%
    -Venomed Fang - Melee Attack Occasionally inflict Poison. (15hp/tic)

Orobon
    -Critical Magic - Raises Magic Accuracy / Attack under 50% HP. (10%)
    -Leeching Lamp - Melee Effects Occasionally Drain HP: (10% proc, ~50hp drained)

Malboro
    -Critical Attack - Increases Attack, Lower Attack Speed When under 50%. (10% each)
    -Tainted Tendrils - Has Random Effects on melee Attack. (5% proc, Paralyze/Slow/blind/Stun Available)

Sandworm
    -Critical Magic - Raises M.Acc/M.atk under 50%HP
    -Absorbing Maw - Will occasionally Drain targets HP/MP/T{. (Takes place of Melee Attack. Animation like "Gorge". 5% Chance)

You can learn both Abilities, And if you train your pet Every day the chances of learning both are high. Will always learn at least 1 If you train with him.

As for the Specific Training Regimes effect on your pet.
    *Training: Physical.
    Increases STR/DEX/VIT/AGI/ACC/ATK/DEF/EVA by 1
    *Training: Magical
    Increases INT/MND/CHR/Macc/Matk by 1
    *Going for a Walk
    Increases Maximum HP by 10.

Affection System, And its Benefits
    During raising your Pet, You will gain Affection points (Not seen, But accumulated through time spent). These points will directly impact the potency of your "Familiar" when used with your personal Pet.

(remember:
    This is assuming these will be called on a separate timer than Familiar. However another possibility/main possibility is that these pets will be called With Familiar.

If thats the case, I want Affection to have some effect, but I'm unsure what.)

0-15 "Affection: Pet gains basic Buffs of Familiar.
    16-30 "affection": Pet gains an additional 5% boost to Familiars effects. Haste+5% Added.
    31-45 Affection: Pet Gains Add. 10% boost to Fam. Effects. Haste+10% Added.
    45-60 Affection: 15% Boost. 15% Haste
    61-75 Affection: 20% boost. 20% Haste
    75-cap Affection: 25% Boost. 25% Haste.

If fed a Pet-Food Biscuit (Any Kind), it will raise Affection by 3 Each time (Once per day). Walking with your pet will raise Affection by 2, Spending time with your pet will raise it by 1. This is a total of 6 Points per day. When the end of your 15 day cycle is over, its possible to have capped Affection if fed a Pet-food Biscuit every day.

Pet Food Biscuits: In Depth
    Another Benefit of the Pet-Food Biscuit System would be increases in your Pets Attributes permanently (Only during RAISING, not after raising). I know the comparison might not connect with all people, but think of it as "EVs" from Pokemon, As follows.

Pet Food Eta: Will Raise your pets HP by 1%
    Pet Food Zetat: Will Raise your Pets Attack by 1%, and Lowers Enmity by 2
    Pet Food Espilon: Will Raise your pets Accuracy by 1%,
    Pet food Delta: Will Raise your pets Defense by 1%, and raises Enmity by 2
    Pet Food Gamma: will raise your pets Evasion by 1%
    Pet food Betta: Will raise your pets Attributes by 2 (STR/DEX/ETC)

Since you can only give 1 Pet food per day (Maximum 15 days) you can Get each of those up to 15x. Meaning if you give your pet only Eta Biscuits for 15 days, He'll have 15% more HP than someone who didn't. You can mix/match etc. This gives every pet its own unique flavor based on the Beastmasters preference. Maybe you want a Malboro With mega-Attack? or a Roc with higher Attack to match his EVA, or a Roc with higher HP to survive longer, etc etc. Its your choice.

Now Karb, What about Jug pets? Will this make them Useless ?!
    Yes I have thought of this, and the short answer is NO! Long answer?: Make your "Personal Pet" on a 30 Minute Ability. This will minimize its "Monopoly" when it comes ot BST solo/duo/etc. while in exp when your pet dies less, It might remove some need for Jug pets, But maybe you made a Buffalo-Tank pet, Who won't be the best DD in an Exp, So you'd still call Nazuna or Lizard. Your personal Pet would be there to be called, but would not completely Obsolete the use of Jug pets. Especially In situations where you're low-manning Solo-Duo where you might be summoning multiple pets while kiting. It just offers you a personal companion Able to be used every ~30 minutes. (maybe more? Up to you).

How To call!
    Based on the pet you chose, You will a get a Specific Jug for you. It would be like "Jug of Brutus' Broth" in the description (Probably via a "Signature" type addition) it would tell you the Pet type. Equipping this Broth and using the Special Ability:

My idea is that the broth could be unlimited uses, Or that every ~5-10 Uses you would have to "Refill" it with Brutus, Costing either a Small gil fee, or a Fee of Gil+Pet Food biscuits, Or something Creative based on the pet. (for instance, Maybe refilling the Peiste jug would require some type of meat?) Open for ideas!

I think it should be Called With 2hour Similar to how "Call Wyvern" Used to be. This making it a very special pet.
    (39)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 08-18-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Character
    Rissillia
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Looks pretty well thought out, i wouldn't mind seeing something like this put into the game. GJ <3
    (2)

Character
    Atigevomega
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Wow, this is actually a really really god idea. Love the idea and would definitly take part in it.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Atigeve View Post
    Wow, this is actually a really really god idea. Love the idea and would definitly take part in it.
    Thanks. Been thinking so much on it that i had half-awake dreams about it >.> Anywhere from it being added and from nothing at all D:

Appreciate your response

Starting to think i shoulda put something like "I love Leeching Abyssea and I hate HNMS!" in the Title so people would actually read the thread =.=a, Only Drama threads seem to get notice :P
    (1)

So I posted this on FFXIAH, and some interesting discussion came there, and it made me think i should clarify on a few things!

First off!
    The pets sound overpowered, But they arent. The Pets below will all be about as Powerful as Jug pets before Training. They will have Similar HP/Atk/Acc/Etc As a Normal Summoned Jug pet I.E: The Roc pet would be about as Strong as Dipper-Yuly before abilities/Pet-food Raising. The Additional Training/Stats is What will make them more powerful in the end. There are some Exceptions, for instance, the Malboro pet will have a slightly higher DPS than our Current pets, But lack HP/DEF over them.)

Secondly!
    The Idea of this would be you can only choose 1 of the Above! He's a Permanent "Companion" to the Beastmaster, a "Special go-to Pet" if you will. Would be each Beastmasters "Ace in the hole". I hope my out-dated wording is catching on. The more i think a bout it, The more I think that Adjusting the Two Hour to Summon this Pet would be a good idea.

While Familiar would work AS NORMAL when you have a Jug Pet out, If you equip the "Special Jug" and use Familiar without a Pet out, It would summon your "Companion". This would make it to where Jug Pets aren't obsolete and keep these pets Unique in their own power, because even though their General Strength would be On-Par with Jug pets before training, After Training they are more powerful than current jugs by a moderate amount. So keeping them "Special" Would be Ideal.

I'd of added this to my OP, but Im past my 10,000 Word limit :O!
    (1)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 04-03-2011 at 02:07 AM.

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I am a 50 BST, I just recently jumped on the job out of boredom, only to find out I actually kind of love it. And would definitely like to try this out ^^ And it was funny. I had JUST said I would love having a Peiste for a pet while doing the Abyssean Boss for the Highlands. I thought he looked really cool and thought they would be something interesting to try out, I would want it to be on maybe a 45 minute timer instead though. :x
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    I am a 50 BST, I just recently jumped on the job out of boredom, only to find out I actually kind of love it. And would definitely like to try this out ^^ And it was funny. I had JUST said I would love having a Peiste for a pet while doing the Abyssean Boss for the Highlands. I thought he looked really cool and thought they would be something interesting to try out, I would want it to be on maybe a 45 minute timer instead though. :x
    I was thinking it would have to be on a Long Timer. I First thought 30 Minutes, My Second thought was make it summonable by the 2hour. a 1hour or 45min Ability would be a nice Middle-Ground.

I want to make it to where it would not Completely obsolete the Jug-Pet Market. As such you'd only be able to obtain 1 Companion, not all of them, and I wanted to put a long-Recast on it so BSTs would still use Jug Pets when Low-manning/etc as a means when Kiting.

Its a hard idea to Balance, But i think if they gave us these pets thinking of them more as "Relic Pets" than normal jugs, it would be easier. Give us them at level 91+, Make it the "unique Final Jug". Something that gives a Unique spin to each BST.

(Edit: I like the Positive Support, even low! I would also appreciate some constructive criticism too! So don't be afraid to post if you don't like the idea.)
    (0)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Or you could just make this expensive and overly time-consuming as Chocobo Raising was; so that only people willing to put in a bit of time and cash would reap the benefits, so it stays somewhat balanced.
    (0)

Character
    Lefiont
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    I really really like this idea!
    (1)

id rather not have to play tamagotchi for something thats only gonna stick around for 30 minutes.
    And ive never been a fan of the whole uncharmable monsters as pets. Theres plenty of charmable monsters that would be great additions to our arsenal.

I like the idea of a custom pet. I just think it should be linked to its own jug and use call beast.

I.E. do a quest- choose 1 pet from a list- from now on "Quest jug" summons that pet for u when u use it.
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast