Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    id rather not have to play tamagotchi for something thats only gonna stick around for 30 minutes.
    And ive never been a fan of the whole uncharmable monsters as pets. Theres plenty of charmable monsters that would be great additions to our arsenal.

I like the idea of a custom pet. I just think it should be linked to its own jug and use call beast.

I.E. do a quest- choose 1 pet from a list- from now on "Quest jug" summons that pet for u when u use it.
    Interesting Perspective, I like your points. Also, It would not "only be around for 30 minutes". It would remain at your side until its defeated, or 2hours have passed, as with all Current Jug pets! It would basically be a Slightly more powerful jugpet in which you could customize a bit.

However, The idea of an "Uncharmable" mob as a Jug pet stems from the idea that uncharmable mobs will likely never become jugs, as such players will be far less likely to control them. There are some mobs that are Charmable that should become jugs, I would rather see those added as a Recipe though, not a quest! Where as the ones that are generally Strong-willed Creatues (Uncharmable) could be raised from younger stages to become friendlier, allowing the summoning of them. SO basically what I'm trying to say, I Agree there are some Charmable mobs that would be wonderful additions to our Arsenal, But Thats what Level 91-99 Jugs would be for!

This pet would be more of a "Special Summon" Type deal. a Slighter Stronger version of our current pets, Summonable similar to how you would summon Alexander/Odin on Summoner. Which is why i Suggested also instead of a New Ability, Augment Familiar to summon it, Thus keeping it "Unique" for its power.

The "Raising" Process can be reduced to ~10 days, ~5 Days, I wanted to maintain some interaction with your pet, to actually create the "Bonding" part, also to have some control over its development and stats in a small way.

Now, This pet would not be indestructible, It would be more powerful than our current bet, But not so much to obsolete them.
    (0)

Well Thanks for the clarifications. Id like to point out that its difficult to make something like this and keep it balanced. Its either going to be too weak and not worth using or too strong and completely unstoppable. But we can try for balance anyway.

First thing i noticed is a 25% damage reduction to a properly trained buffalo when it is under 50% hp and 15% when it is over 50%. If we add gear onto this- 20%pdt axe 10DT head 2%DT neck 2% DT pants 5%dt job trait 3%MDT waist (39%PDT 22% MDT total gear) we get 54% physical 37% magical while above 50% hp and 64% physical 47% magical under 50% hp. Thats outside abyssea. Just right there thats strong as hell. But if we step into abyssea. 1 ducal guard gives us 100% pdt and 97% mdt under 50% hp. almost full immunity with 1 atma slot. Ducal and zenith and we can take off an axe and still have a 100% DT pet once it reaches 50% and have room to sub blm or drk to stun all the nasty things left that could still kill him like apoc ray and death. Then we add in the TP moves- Lowing by itself would overwhelm the combo in abyssea. I mean u got a monster who can only hit for 0 wich means no TP gain from attacking only from taking hits. Taking hits from a mnk type i might add (subtle blow trait), with subtle blow pet gear and/or atma u could probably stop TP moves altogether. And then u add in a strong plague effect that doesnt miss. So now the NMs TP is poisond. Unless he has a strong regain he isnt ever gonna Do a TP move. And even if he does have regain u definately slowed his TP moves way the hell down. But hey throw on a strong paralyze for good measure Rampant Gnaw Direct dmg and paralyze.

The roc if properly trained could have an evasion in the stratosphere. Make dipper look like hes standing still. i mean they both start out thfs but this guy can get a 15% <<< PERCENT!<<<< evasion bonus permanently as well as a "evasion boost" below 50% hp. Then we can add in the pet evasion boost from gear. And rocs get a 25% reduction from slashing and blunt in exchange for taking 25% more from piercing. And they resist wind the same as dipper does. And if your still getting hit somehow (i dunno maybe God is attacking you) Feather boost is a very strong evasion boost TP move and scratch is direct dmg AND blind. Run into spells? no problem Gliding spike for DMG knockback and stun. and this is all outside abyssea.

And to add on top of both these wonderful specimens of indestructibility.
    These are monster types with nice TP moves to support the offensive side.
    and are powehouse dmg dealers with normal swings.

Roc- Triple atk - 3 hits nice direct dmg
    Fast atk rate high crit rate and triple atk

Buffalo- Several Single target dmg TP moves
    Strong hits

These 2 types would definately dwarf and jug pet accomplishments. The others didnt stand out as quite so strong. But sumthin tells me you could get that wamoura doing some hella strong magical based TP moves.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 04-07-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    Well Thanks for the clarifications. Id like to point out that its difficult to make something like this and keep it balanced. Its either going to be too weak and not worth using or too strong and completely unstoppable. But we can try for balance anyway.

First thing i noticed is a 25% damage reduction to a properly trained buffalo when it is under 50% hp and 15% when it is over 50%. If we add gear onto this- 20%pdt axe 10DT head 2%DT neck 2% DT pants 5%dt job trait 3%MDT waist (39%PDT 22% MDT total gear) we get 54% physical 37% magical while above 50% hp and 64% physical 47% magical under 50% hp. Thats outside abyssea. Just right there thats strong as hell. But if we step into abyssea. 1 ducal guard gives us 100% pdt and 97% mdt under 50% hp. almost full immunity with 1 atma slot. Ducal and zenith and we have a 100% DT pet once it reaches 50%. Then we add in the TP moves Lowing by itself would overwhelm the combo in abyssea. I mean u got a monster who can only hit for 0 wich means no TP gain from attacking only from taking hits. And then u add in a strong plague effect that doesnt miss. So now the NMs TP is poisond. Unless he has a strong regain he isnt ever gonna Do a TP move. And even if he does have regain u definately slowed his TP moves way the hell down. But hey throw on a strong paralyze for good measure Rampant Gnaw Direct dmg and paralyze.

The roc if properly trained could have an evasion in the stratosphere. Make dipper look like hes standing still. i mean they both start out thfs but this guy can get a 15% <<< PERCENT!<<<< evasion bonus permanently as well as a "evasion boost" below 50% hp. Then we can add in the pet evasion boost from gear. And rocs get a 25% reduction from slashing and blunt in exchange for taking 25% more from piercing. And they resist wind the same as dipper does. And if your still getting hit somehow (i dunno maybe God is attacking you) Feather boost is a very strong evasion boost TP move and scratch is direct dmg AND blind. Run into spells? no problem Gliding spike for DMG knockback and stun. and this is all outside abyssea.

And to add on top of both these wonderful specimens of indestructibility.
    These are monster types with nice TP moves to support the offensive side.
    and are powehouse dmg dealers with normal swings.

Roc- Triple atk - 3 hits nice direct dmg
    Fast atk rate high crit rate and triple atk

Buffalo- Several Single target dmg TP moves
    Strong hits
    Interesting! Let me address some points! Maybe add some of your points to the OP! Including removing the DT portion of Pet food. I think giving our Buffalo 10% PDT under 50% isn't that broken however, So i think it'll remain.

Firstly, I went ahead and edited a few things in the OP For you. You make reasonable arguments even though it sounds like passive-aggressive Sarcasm at some points... But i can let that go cause its probably not on purpose...

Anyway, Addressing the Roc Issue. There is an Evasion Cap, for Enemies and Players. And On a lot of Mobs, Dipper Yuly can reach that with Atmas. Without Atmas, Side-By-Side, Dipper Yuly and the Roc pet would have the exact same EVA Before training. Through Training you can raise your Rocs EVA 15%, thats if you feed it the same Pet food Every day, its not absolute. Some would maybe give him Attack pet food. So he'd possess the same EVA as yuly, but stronger hits. 15% Attack won't take him from hitting ~150 to 300, So its not going to be That overpowered. Perhaps the Roc could simply maintain a Triple Attack as a Bonus-trait, and just be a WAR/WAR, letting Dipper Remain King of EVA Tanking?

On the point of TP moves, As a BST you should already know well that just because the mobs very of the TP move is powerful, that the BST pet version isn't always going to be as broken. Buffalos TP moves are actually quite weak, the only problem with some of them is that they have Added Effects. Snort ignores shadows, the Stomp-move Paralyzed. These could easily only do the same damage as Foot Kick, or Lamb Chop. Triple Attack can do crappy damage as well. Just because it seems nice on paper does not mean it needs to be overpowered. Triple Attack could easily land in the same general damage fields as Foot Kick, etc.

Also, as for the Plague move, It could easily be resisted by HNMs as some of our TP moves do, but also have lesser impact. Wild Carrot can heal some Rabbits for 2k~+, While our pets doesn't. in the same light, Plague could only inflict ~3tp/3mp/tic instead of what it is from the Enemy! Just because it might seem OP'd, Doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good addition. It can be resisted as well. Pets need their uniqueness. Plague from Buffalo is that as well.

the Immunity in Abyssea with only 1 atma brings a solid Point, and as i said above, I have adjusted the Training because of that. You made a good point there, it was something i overlooked. But there is a silver linning. If they were to chose that Buffalo because of the Above, It would keep other DD jugs useful, as they would be silly to use the Buffalo, a Low-Dmg out-put PLD, as a DD pet in say, Exp parties. Since the Buffalo pet I would imagine doing less damage over all than other DD pets, Simply more defensive.

I don't think i can address ALL your points in the OP to clarify, So i hope people will read this as i type it here.

For all intents and purposes, Think of the Special pets DoT/DPS like this. For comparison, Lets assume that NuseryNazuna hits the mob for 150. so as a comparison heres what, before training, the other pets would do.

So as Reference:
    Nazuna - 150

Roc - 125
    Buffalo - 100
    Malboro - 175
    Wamoura - 125
    Peiste - 130
    Orobon - 110

So Before Training, They would average @ or Around the normal pets. But each one would have its own unique aspect as to why you would use it. Also to keep it from completely obsoleting other jugs. It could have a 1 hour Timer, and Be linked to our 2 hour, So we could only maintain this Pet for half the time, Realistically. (in Abyssea with 2hour resets though, Another story). But the mobs are to the point, They would not be So powerful other jugs are obsolete. (for instance, if you built a DEF Buffalo as listed in your example, You wouldn't use it for Exp/DD purposes. it would be silly, hes got less-damage-hits).

I hope i explained that well, I probably missed a few points. I'll look forward to your response.

Edit: And one needs to remember, Inside Abyssea you can abuse a lot on BST, including the Full 100%PDT. But what Cant be abused in abyssea? We also need to think of these pets in term of Post-Abyssea. We don't want our pets to be so weak inside Abyssea as to prevent abusing Atma system, that when we step back into the real world they are too weak as well because they would have to be Nerf in order to not Abuse the already very abuseable Atma System.. Achieving a Balance of Usefulness without Overpowering is Very difficult. But with a lot of Tweaks i think it can work.

Now do i expect to get any Attention to this Idea >.>? Probably not...
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 04-07-2011 at 06:26 PM.

I like this idea... but would prefer smaller special pets... because I find large pets to be sort of annoying to fight with.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I like this idea... but would prefer smaller special pets... because I find large pets to be sort of annoying to fight with.
    Thats a fine point! Its possible The Pets could be "Sized down". In Abyssea its been shown a lot of mobs can be "Bigged" and "Smalled". Tiny Malboros, Tiny Worms, Huge worms, etc. These pets could all be smaller forms of their real counter-parts
    (1)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    awesome idea ^^
    (0)

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    sign me up XD
    (0)

Player
    Amorph: mini-sandworm cause they're the cutest little flesheating monstrosities ever.
    (1)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hmmm... I've always wanted to see BST with a pet Ram... Suppose Buffalo will suffice...
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Garota View Post
    Hmmm... I've always wanted to see BST with a pet Ram... Suppose Buffalo will suffice...
    Picked a few off the top of my head i know we're Uncharmable, Could always be a ram . Could maybe even be given a choice in the beginning between 1~2 of the Species. Critical things staying the same (Stats, Skills), But be for aesthetic purposes (and TP moves)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparthos View Post
    Amorph: mini-sandworm cause they're the cutest little flesheating monstrosities ever.
    Hmmm, It would be the first HNM pet lol, But lets see if i can add that in.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast