Character
    Grimkitty
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

How can I make this better?

Currently, this is the gear I have on my WHM; the one job I use most frequently. I want to see if anyone had suggestions on what kind of changes I should make to it (apart from full +2, currently working on it).

- Suyra's Staff +2
    - Raptor leather strap +1
    - Clarus stone
    - Orison cap +2
    - Orison locket
    - Novia earring
    - Orison earring
    - Orison bliaut/Noble's tunic
    - Healer's mitts
    - Solemn ring
    - Tamas ring
    - Twilight cape (looking to replace it with the orison cape)
    - Pentinent's rope
    - Orison pantaloons +1
    - Orison duckbills +1
    (0)
    From Fairy to Slyph, a proud member of DeadlyArmada.

90 WHM/SMN/BST/NIN/DNC/BLM/SCH/RDM

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Depends on what you use it for mostly;

If you're inside abyssea (a lot) then you can pretty much skip a number of sets and go straight for a good atma choice. I prefer Allure (Carabosse), Undying (Titlacauan) and Minikin (durinn) myself, although you might find it worthwhile to drop Undying for another refresh atma like Stormbird (Turul) or Ambition (ASA completion) instead. A good atma choice will make more of a difference than collecting small quantities of gear...

If you're outside abyssea, I'd focus primarily on refresh and hMP gear. You've got a decent mixture of healing and -enm in the set you've got, so think about building a good hMP and refresh sets next.

You're sitting on 44% (34% w/ +stoneskin solace enhancement) potency at the minute, so to bolster your current set, you should aim to get a pair of Augur Gloves (MND+7 CHR+7 Healing magic skill +5 Enhancing magic skill +5 "Cure" potency +4%) off Chloris, or serpentes cuffs/sabots (set) and grab your orison cape to cap out your cure potency (51(2 w/ serp)%, but caps at 50).

Oh, and +2 your pantaloons, they're awesome. Seriously, entire paragraph worth of awesome.

If you're looking gearsets, this is what I'm aiming for at the minute:

Refresh set:
    Owleyes, Refresh Wivre Hairpin, Moonshade Earring, Orison Bliaud +2, Serpentes Cuffs, Balrahns Ring, Poison Tasters Cape, Refresh Stearc Subligar, Serpentes Sabots

Curing set:
    Surya's Staff +2, Verse Grip +1, Aqua Sachet, Orison Cap +2, Ajari Bead Necklace, Celestial Earring, Celestial Earring, Orison Bliaud +2, Serpentes Cuffs, Medicine Ring, Aquasoul Ring, Orison Cape, Cascade Belt, Orison Pantaloons +2, Serpentes Sabots

hMP set:
    Rsv. Capt. Mace, Legion Scutum, Clarus Stone, Mirror Tiara, Eidolon Pendant, Relaxing Earring, Antivenom Earring, Oracle's Robe, Star Ring, Star Ring, Vita Cape, Austerity Belt, Nisse Slacks, Avocat Pigaches

Start building those 3, then work on building sets for your other duties. (Enhancing, Enfeebling, -ENM, Regen, Haste, Max MP)
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Nice windower plug ins ya got there. Prolly not the smartest thing to post them directly on the forums that's linked to your account.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    Nice windower plug ins ya got there. Prolly not the smartest thing to post them directly on the forums that's linked to your account.
    EDIT: Oh dears, that link didn't show up on my stupid browser before, I took it to mean gear swaps ...

... that's scary! Well, reassurance attempt #2: Didn't they officially "see" someone using windower at a fanfest via a video entry or something, and not seem to care? Maybe they have some very specific requirements (call a GM and confess?) to ban someone for it.

Well in either case I am dumb again, for misunderstanding ._. sowwies
    (0)
    Last edited by Rya; 04-03-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    Rya's Killage Factory: http://www.happyhappyd.com/

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Curing set:
    Surya's Staff +2, Verse Grip +1, Aqua Sachet, Orison Cap +2, Ajari Bead Necklace, Celestial Earring, Celestial Earring, Orison Bliaud +2, Serpentes Cuffs, Medicine Ring, Aquasoul Ring, Orison Cape, Cascade Belt, Orison Pantaloons +2, Serpentes Sabots
    Augur's Gloves and Marduk's Crackows will do far better then serpentes set, Yes they are harder to get, but well worth the trouble for any WHM looking to boost those numbers with more - enimity..
    (0)

It depends on the way you play WHM.

In Abyssea, I completely neglect cure potency for -magic DMG and -cure casting reduction /fast cast gear.
    Outside of Abyssea its all about refresh, potency, -enmity, and MP ( which seems to be similar to the gear you're wearing)

Here are some realistic suggestions.
    Make these improvements and you'll be checked as a Very Tough White Mage!

- Suyra's Staff +2
    - Staff Strap
    - Hedgehog Bomb/ Incantor Stone
    - Orison cap +2
    - Orison locket
    - Novia earring
    - Orison earring
    - Orison bliaut/Noble's tunic
    - Augur's Mitts/ Serpentes cuffs
    - Bifrost Ring ( I hate the Jelly Ring model of Solemn Ring )
    - Tamas ring
    - Orison Cape
    - Belisama's Rope ( might be expensive for you)
    - Orison pantaloons +1
    - Cure Clogs/ Serpentes Sabots (Cure clogs might be expensive for you)
    (0)
    Last edited by InsideOut; 04-03-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Character
    Grimkitty
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    @InsideOut I actually use to own Cure Clogs, but I got the duckbills to +1 (got the +2 today), so I sold them so I can get the missing Ancient Magic I was missing on my Black Mage
    (0)
    From Fairy to Slyph, a proud member of DeadlyArmada.

90 WHM/SMN/BST/NIN/DNC/BLM/SCH/RDM

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    @Vortex

Difference between Augur's/Marduk vs Serpentes

Naked 80MND 70VIT Capped skill
    Cure V = 673

Naked + Augur/Marduk : 820
    Naked + Serpentes set : 820

45% potency gear : 976

45% + Augur/Marduk : 1035
    45% + Serp. set : 1010

45% potency gear + 70(cruor buff) + 60(atma) : 1112

Above + Augur/Marduk : 1157
    Above + Serp. set : 1151

(Feel free to check those numbers, I think I'm forgetting to truncate sometimes)

Augur/Marduk combo will definately win out in every situation, although the ease to obtain them can easily put most whitemages off.

Honestly though the serpentes set can be obtained in 1-2 days as Mich is an easy duo, and drops the mitts commonly enough without TH. The most trouble you'll have with brooder is getting your abyssite to upgrade so you can actually pop him in the first place.

I havn't bothered going for the augur/marduk combo because I've little to no interest in spamming Salvage; and since I'll end up carrying the Serpentes set (due to refresh), it's a worthwhile shortcut (for loosing ~1-40 hp on a cureV).
    (0)