Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    They have the same races but with better graphics. They are pretty similar games its just 14 has more modern mmo convinces. I been playing 14 more then 11 lately but been liking 14 much more.
    Did you ever play World of Warcraft? It has far more in common with WoW than it does with FFXI (especially at endgame). The only things FFXIV has in common with FFXI are cosmetic, the races aren't even called the same things.

The two titles are nothing alike, at all. If you think FFXI is like FFXIV then you're saying FFXI is like WoW, Rift, Aion etc.

Endgame is dungeon crawling, crafing is easy and worthless, there is almost no community, there is no shouting for content you just click a button and are sent to a dungeon with people from other servers you will never see again. If you never played WoW then this is is like your eyes being opened to modern mmo titles, either that or it's the people that didn't like wow just because of the graphics.

I could never stick with any wow clone long term, they get incredibly repetitive due to endless dungeon grinding the same few instances and they have no soul or community. The things that make FFXI great do not exist in FFXIV and never will, it's as simple as that.

The reason FFXI and Everquest are still played in pretty high numbers is because they are unique and their will probably never be any more titles that play like them made ever again. They are something to be treasured because all that is made these days are constant wow clones.
    (8)
    Last edited by Pixela; 11-11-2014 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    You're putting a lot of effort into arguing against something that would benefit you.

Everything you said applied just the same to SoA, as such they are meaningless negative nancy arguments.
    Realist.

http://youtu.be/bV4AEBk6KDY?t=2m18s
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Did you ever play World of Warcraft? It has far more in common with WoW than it does with FFXI (especially at endgame). The only things FFXIV has in common with FFXI are cosmetic, the races aren't even called the same things.

The two titles are nothing alike, at all. If you think FFXI is like FFXIV then you're saying FFXI is like WoW, Rift, Aion etc.

Endgame is dungeon crawling, crafing is easy and worthless, there is almost no community, there is no shouting for content you just click a button and are sent to a dungeon with people from other servers you will never see again. If you never played WoW then this is is like your eyes being opened to modern mmo titles, either that or it's the people that didn't like wow just because of the graphics.

I could never stick with any wow clone long term, they get incredibly repetitive due to endless dungeon grinding the same few instances and they have no soul or community. The things that make FFXI great do not exist in FFXIV and never will, it's as simple as that.

The reason FFXI and Everquest are still played in pretty high numbers is because they are unique and their will probably never be any more titles that play like them made ever again. They are something to be treasured because all that is made these days are constant wow clones.
    Are you kidding the fights in FFXIV are extremely difficult only 3 LS in the whole world have beat bahamut so far. Your post shows me you never played the game. Endgame requires an FC or LS you can not click 1 button and get to a high end raid and join a group that is only for dungeons which is low level entry content. Stuff like EX primals and Bahamut's coil take a highly organized group.

Nobody shouts for stuff because they have the party finder which lets you see groups on your server needing members. And lets you join those groups which is way better then shouting.

There are many of the same final fantasy jobs, and summons you fight and along with stuff like bahamut. Its is truly a sequel to FF11. The patch for FF11 has just came out and I already beat the last boss in the missions. Same can not be said for FF14, I have only beat 1 out of 4 new bosses added, the fights are much more involved in 14 then anything in ff11.

Since I play both FF11 and 14 I can tell you the 14 servers are way more active then 11s and so are the community forums.

Overall the game has all the same FF races from 11 and a lot of the classic avatars that make it FF and the story is good. There is a lot of modern tech in the game because well it came out 10 years later and gaming has advanced. The combat is more involved you have to hit a lot more buttons in 14 to do damage combat is way faster paced vs 11.

If you like Final Fantasy games and the story why wouldn't you play 14 too?
    (0)
    Last edited by Zumi; 11-11-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Are you kidding the fights in FFXIV are extremely difficult only 3 LS in the whole world have beat bahamut so far. Your post shows me you never played the game. Endgame requires an FC or LS you can not click 1 button and get to a high end raid and join a group that is only for dungeons which is low level entry content. Stuff like EX primals and Bahamut's coil take a highly organized group.

Nobody shouts for stuff because they have the party finder which lets you see groups on your server needing members. And lets you join those groups which is way better then shouting.

There are many of the same final fantasy jobs, and summons you fight and along with stuff like bahamut. Its is truly a sequel to FF11. The patch for FF11 has just came out and I already beat the last boss in the missions. Same can not be said for FF14, I have only beat 1 out of 4 new bosses added, the fights are much more involved in 14 then anything in ff11.

Since I play both FF11 and 14 I can tell you the 14 servers are way more active then 11s and so are the community forums.

Overall the game has all the same FF races from 11 and a lot of the classic avatars that make it FF and the story is good. There is a lot of modern tech in the game because well it came out 10 years later and gaming has advanced. The combat is more involved you have to hit a lot more buttons in 14 to do damage combat is way faster paced vs 11.

If you like Final Fantasy games and the story why wouldn't you play 14 too?
    FFXIV is WoW with FF skin, that is all it is. Endgame is doing the same few dungeons over and over and over again, and the next patch will add 3 more dungeons that you do over and over and over again. Where you throw all your gear you grinded to grind more in an endless cycle. Community? There isn't one, because the majority of players end up doing dungeon finder content with people from other servers you will never see again that won't even say hello to you because of that.

The content isn't hard, it's based on twitch mechanics and having the right gear. Ilevel isn't difficulty. Everything in FFXIV is beaten in under a week of it being added, there is nothing difficult in it if you live close to the servers.

Also you really have no idea how lively it is because it has no way to check how many people are online and the world is incredibly small compared to ffxi. You're just eyeballing.

FFXIV is nothing like FFXI at all, it IS a very basic wow clone with boring dungeon grinding as the only endgame content. The only reason people think it's something special is because it's pwetty and they are finally playing a wow game they said was bad but never actually played it. I know, I played it and other wow clones for a while. I had the stars in my eyes like you, it didn't last.

The story is awful, the community is awful, the world is tame and lacks any kind of danger, the avatars look like pokemon and the races lose most of the charm of the XI races. They all have the same animations, miquote or whatever stupid name they gave the mithras are humans with cat tails glued on their butts etc.

If you like playing FFwow then enjoy but don't say anyone who likes FFXI will like that because many of us have played it and played wow and don't like that kind of dungeon grinder. FFXI has as much in common with FFXIV as it does with call of duty with a cat girl mod.
    (4)
    Last edited by Pixela; 11-11-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    And some people enjoy both WoW AND FFXI. Just like some people like both Xbox AND PlayStation. I'm sure there are even some who like Ford AND Chevy, but let's not go crazy here.

Anyway, what exactly is the point of this? It just seems like an episode of "Bash That Game I Don't Play."
    (2)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    And some people enjoy both WoW AND FFXI. Just like some people like both Xbox AND PlayStation. I'm sure there are even some who like Ford AND Chevy, but let's not go crazy here.

Anyway, what exactly is the point of this? It just seems like an episode of "Bash That Game I Don't Play."
    It was supposed to be about how quickly we got the final missions of SoA = to us getting another full expansion some time soon. And that soon means in less time that it took us to get SoA after WotG was finished.

Yet some of the reasons Pixela have said in the bash the game I don't like portion of this thread are the exact same crap people do in XI. Which are doing the same events over and over to get gear that gets tossed to the side the moment new better stuff gets put into the game. Along with people who rush through the newest content soon after patch and complain about having nothing to do except whine about how the patch sucked because of the "lack" of things to do. Oh, and somehow XI's forums and in game community is better than XIV's. The only thing going for XI's forums is that there are no threads that have XI's producers name as the title all strung out with an excessive amount of exclamation marks at the end. Only to then complain about their character's lack of a butt or breast.
    (1)

I'd like to see another expansion but I doubt it will happen for awhile. I do think it could happen though. I mean, I don't see why not. They could probably develop it using the income we send their way every month (so no cash infusion needed) and make it all back and more selling boxes/downloads. As long as they made more than they spent on Seekers, then they will consider another expansion.

Unless they think declining sub numbers are the fault of Seekers... but it is more likely they believe falling sub numbers are to do with XIV, and expect them to stabilize.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Carcer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'd like to add my 2 cents here: If you look at the Seekers artwork (amano's) there does seem to be a southern portion beyond marjami ravine (where the blue dragon-y thing is). In addition to this, there's still the UI elements, the reforged Empyrean, and a few other planned features we haven't gotten yet. As a final aside: Adoulin also has an airship dock.
    Although there's a tunnel that doesn't lead anywhere in Kazham still, so that could just be cosmetic grace and not mean anything. I'd love another expansion myself, and another 10 years of life for this game, and an HD graphics version. But at the same time, realistically I don't think it's going to work out that way.
    Which is a shame, I'd have loved to have gone to the far east/far west/far north/far south/underground/moon/wherever other crazy places they come up with. Sadly, the job count sits at 22, not 30 though.
    happy adventuring!
    (0)

Player
    I like both FFXI and FFXIV. I must be some crazy abomination.

Anyways, a new expansion would be cool, any updates is cool, this game is cool.
    (4)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I think it would be hard to ask players to pay an additional $30 at once for a new expansion, but I could see an add-on trilogy of mini expansions... North continent? South Continent? Far East? More like Abyssea in terms of amount of battle content (not mechanics please) and gear and less like ACP, ASA and Moogle. I'd love to see a small town in each area too, if not a full blown castle in the north like one of the books in the library mentions... :3
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast