Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

No, I want 3 rings at least.

The list of rewards from completing SoA is released.
    But there is one problem, you only get to choose 1 out of 12 rings. And I cannot accept to only hold one at a time, and its very likely that 6/12 of those rings will never be used, because its 11 rings too many!

We demand to be able to hold 3 out of the 12 rings. You can even make us pay 300,000 bayld for each one, for a total 900,000! I don't care how it is done, just make us able to hold at least 3 rings.

I will link this thread to other forums to get support. So If any player reads this, spread the word around, voice your opinion and join the cause.
    (22)
    Last edited by Kaeviathan; 11-07-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Player
    Three rings would just be OP. The rings are so strong because you can only use ONE of them, not two. Most casters would get practically everything they want out of getting 2/3 rings; not to mention the problem of getting two refresh rings.

Pick one. I don't think you should get more than one. They wouldn't be nearly as good if they balanced them knowing every player would get 3.
    (14)
    Last edited by Crevox; 11-07-2014 at 11:17 PM.

3 would indeed be a tad too much.
    it should remain something elusive, it qould however be nice if an option was considered to get a second for an ungodly amount of Bayld or something.

As someone that plays jack of all trades I am really torn to pieces by these options.
    (6)

Player
    As someone who plays every job.... I feel like I'm having to choose between my children.
    (6)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I agree with Shirai on this. As much as I'd love really ALL the rings... I do think picking two rings would be fine. Perhaps we could eventually pick a second ring by jumping through some hoops or extra quests or something.

As it is right now with picking only one ring, that'll likely inspire a lot of people to switch rings for 300k Bayld. In turn, this is going to crush the HP Bayld market even more... This is something the dev team may want to look into. Essentially, adding the ability to pick a second ring would definitely help avoid this issue.
    (2)

Character
    Aarahs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    With how powerful those rings are, I would only support separating the rings into groups and choosing one from each.
    (2)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Would come off as a lot less greedy if you went for the "we get two ring slots, can we have two rings?" argument.
    (2)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

8. 11-08-2014 03:45 AM

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    One ring is enough imho, especially as the Seekers missions have been the shortest and easiest mission series in the game. A lot less CS and running around, and a lot less hard battles too compared to other expansions. The rings are very nice considering what an easy ride the missions were.

I already know which of the battle rings I want, the hard part is choosing that ring over the synthesis ring lol. But I will go for the battle ring in any case.
    If you had the ability to pick two rings, you could have both the synthesis ring and your other ring. :P

I don't really understand the opposition to the idea of being able to pick two rings. This is not like previous expansions where you had to pick between 1 of 3 rings, usually with an easy decision of which ring was the overall best. This time, we have twelve rings. All twelve of these rings serve very different purposes for the most part and all of them can be extremely useful given the situations they suit. Despite all of the rings being useful in some way, some of them are just never going to be picked considering the other options. Given the low population of FFXI now, there's often a need to be diverse in the jobs you can play, and this further complicates which ring to pick.

In the end if you could pick two rings, there are still ten rings you are not picking. You are still extremely restricted in what you can pick, but it is no doubt leagues better than simply choosing only one ring.
    (4)

10. 11-08-2014 04:42 AM

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Please stop advocating against your own best interests. I can understand needing to maintain a balance but breaking the rings down into, for example: "Magic" "Physical" and "Misc" would maintain that balance while letting people choose 3 rings. This isn't like when Zilart and CoP were the endgame and people maybe had 2 lv 75 jobs at best. I personally have 17 lv 99 jobs plus crafting as i'm sure many others now do.
    (6)
    "You can't fool all of the people all the time, but if you fool the right ones then the rest will fall in line".

-Dead Prez

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    It sound like it is storyline related though.

We don't know what the last CS are about, but the rings are all named after the various Adoulin Families, so possibly you are allowed to recieve a gift from the treasure-house of one family. And since that is storyline related, it wouldn't work if you went round getting loot from lots of different families lol.

All I know is I worked a lot harder for my Moonshade earring, and the older mission rings too. Those missions took ages and were hard at the time. Seekers missions have been a breeze, so I'm surprised that we even get such awesome rings to choose from at all.
    I didn't know two out of twelve was considered to be "a lot." lol

Basically though, you are saying you wouldn't like to have the Synthesis ring as well then? You would rather choose one than pick two?
    (5)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast