Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

So what's the difference among Unity groups?

Does it really matter which Unity you sign up with? I joined Naja Salaheem Unity, and near as I can tell all this means is that there are 5 specific objectives only Naja members can do, and a few of those that require you to team up with another Naja member.

Does anyone know if you have to be in the same Unity to, say, fight Wanted Notorious Monsters? Could 2 guys from Naja team up with 4 guys from Aldo and together fight Valkurm Imperator?
    (1)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Essentially, each Unity only provides the mentioned unique RoEs, their own chat channel (some have so many members that you may rarely/never be able to join), and their own rank which will effect the potency of the Unity: effects on gear. I've yet to see any info on what benefits being in a low ranked Unity provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Does anyone know if you have to be in the same Unity to, say, fight Wanted Notorious Monsters? Could 2 guys from Naja team up with 4 guys from Aldo and together fight Valkurm Imperator?
    Correct. There's no limitations to this, anyone can participate as long as they have the RoE set and the required number of Accolades.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I've yet to see any info on what benefits being in a low ranked Unity provide.
    According to the latest "Freshly picked..." the lower ranked Unities get more accolades.

For example, we’ve prepared bonuses so the high ranking Unities will see stat increases for certain gear, whereas the lower ranking Unities will receive a boost to the amount of Unity accolades they receive. We did not, however, make it so these differences are very large.
    Quite fun some of the new objectives, but (on Odin) I've not noticed a huge 'joining together' of players from it yet ;-)

Art.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Yeah, knew that much, but I've yet to see numbers reported. They admit the difference isn't very large, makes me question the reasoning behind remaining in a lower ranked Unity.

Furthermore, the system is kinda goofy as is. After today's tally, Aldo and Naja tied for first on Bahamut. Naja had 100+ people at nearly all times of the day, sometimes peaking over 150. I never once saw Aldo over 50, typically in the 30-40 range. However now, Aldo too has boomed somewhat. There's been 60-80 on most of the day, creating some minor issues with getting into chat. Just as well, since the ranking is done on an average of the member base, we've fallen behind a bit. It's to be expected that there will be a sizable portion of the player base who may go from high ranked Unity to high ranked Unity that offer very little in the participation department, further reducing that Unities rank.

It's kind of a silly system, but at least it makes it so low populated Unities can indeed compete. Just sucks that by ranking high, you get a flood of dead weight that will make you rank lower next tally.
    (0)
    7/10/14