Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I openly admitted that I accidentally typed "every WS" when I meant a few WS. It's nothing but a typo with no other intention,
    Which still isn't a typo. You just didn't say what you meant. Again it's not my fault you people don't know what you're actually saying. Please check a dictionary.

Those rings are not even close to game changing, if you love to start drama so much perhaps you should focus on other topics that matters a lot more....such as payment issues or job balance.
    I'm still enjoying this echo chamber, thanks and i've never had an issue with payment. If SE didn't want my money i'd just stop playing. Job balance is more or less a lost cause.

The old saying "a jack of all trades, a master of none" is true in this case. It is better to excel at one thing, than to try to excel at everything and fail. Sure you can be good at everything, but if you want to be the absolute Top Cat in any field, you have to focus on that one field, and I think the 1/12 choice here reflects that.
    Untrue. FFXI is 12 years old. There is a huge community that have mastered multiple jobs. Just because you haven't mastered more than PUP doesn't mean nobody else has.
    (2)
    Last edited by Malphius; 11-12-2014 at 03:23 AM.
    "You can't fool all of the people all the time, but if you fool the right ones then the rest will fall in line".

-Dead Prez

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Malphius View Post
    Which still isn't a typo. You just didn't say what you meant. Again it's not my fault you people don't know what you're actually saying. Please check a dictionary.
    According to wiki:

A typographical error (often shortened to typo) is a mistake made in the typing process.

When I tried to type "few WS" in the previous discussion, I accidentally typed "every WS" instead, which I didn't notice until Dasva mentioned it. I'm not sure how is it not a typo because it was indeed a mistake made in the typing process. It's not like I typed the entire sentence wrong, I only made a mistake on the word "every" cuz I hit the wrong key.

Anyways, this discussion is completely irrelevant.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 11-12-2014 at 03:43 AM.

Character
    Phaedres
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I like rakas idea of making mage, dps an utility, and picking 1 from each. then my crafts and mage and melee job will all benefit. weatherspoon will be stat king for a long time but we could get a refresh ring pretty soon I think. i don't want my melee jobs punished because the mage rings are to good.
    (1)

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    From your same source, but nice try. Not saying what you mean to isn't a typo.

The term includes errors due to mechanical failure or slips of the hand or finger,[2] but excludes errors of ignorance
    (1)
    "You can't fool all of the people all the time, but if you fool the right ones then the rest will fall in line".

-Dead Prez

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    From your same source, but nice try. Not saying what you mean to isn't a typo.

The term includes errors due to mechanical failure or slips of the hand or finger,[2] but excludes errors of ignorance
    I typed "every" instead of "few" was a mechanical failure of finger duh. Everyone and their mother knows TP bonus dmg boost doesn't apply to every WS, I don't use it for some of the WS myself as well, thus it's silly to insist that I made the mistake due to ignorance. You can continue to put words in my month and continue to personal attack just because I don't agree with your opinion.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 11-12-2014 at 03:55 AM.

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So your finger slipped and typed out an entire other word ya? Your wilful ignorance is astonishing. I didn't put words in your mouth, everything is exactly as you've said it. You made an exaggerated claim, got called out on it and now you're saying "my finger slipped and I typed out an entirely different word". Which is exactly why I call you a manipulative liar.
    (1)

-Dead Prez

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    So your finger slipped and typed out an entire other word ya? Your wilful ignorance is astonishing. I didn't put words in your mouth, everything is exactly as you've said it. You made an exaggerated claim, got called out on it and now you're saying "my finger slipped and I typed out an entirely different word". Which is exactly why I call you a manipulative liar.
    That wasn't an exaggerated claim because:

1) I don't use moonshade for some of my WS myself as well, which you can check my own itemset on AH(and no I didn't ninja edit it after this discussion). If I do believe moonshade boosts every WS dmg I'd have use it myself. Thus it's not a mistake made out of ignorance.

2) Without the word "every" in that sentence, moonshade gives 1k dmg boost isn't "exaggerated claim" itself because it does apply to some WS. On darksday using my current leaden set(253 AGI+ 91 MAB), the dmg is 8267 with moonshade, without moonshade it's 7292 with the 2nd best option novio. You're welcome to point out if I made a mistake in the calculation though.

3) Based on the fact that I clearly don't believe moonshade bonus apply to every WS, and the fact that it does apply to some WS, I'm not sure how is it an "exaggerated claim and lying". I was trying to say that it does give 1k dmg boost to WS, but accidentally typed the word "every" before the word "WS". Nothing more and nothing less. It's not like I outright deny that I made the mistake as well, I admitted it. Now you're just using my own mistake and make a big fuss out of it so you can win this internet argument.

4) And yes I often finger slipped and typed out an entire different word, if you check my post history on this forum, I edited almost every single post, because I make typing mistakes very often. I just didn't notice that "every WS" before I hit submit.

5) Since you often visit AH.com, you should know that if I really made a mistake out of ignorance, I almost always just admit it. And no, I'm not interested in twisting game mechanics on purpose just so that I can choose 1 ring. I gain nothing from doing so. If anything it is you who's been twisting my intention so you can choose 3 rings.

6) You're right, everything is exactly as I've said it: I accidentally typed the word "every" when I tried to demonstrate moonshade dmg difference, and that's it. If anything it is YOU who's twisting other's intention and do personal insult, just because I made a mistake and typed that "every" in that sentence.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 11-12-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Moonshade is like a thousand more dmg for every WS in 1 slot, I don't see any ring as OP as that.
    Looks a lot like an exaggerated claim. It certainly isn't a typo. Its for sure incorrect.

And yes I often finger slipped and typed out an entire other word
    It's obvious you don't even know what a slip of the finger is. Even if you accidently used one word you hadn't meant to, the syntax of your statement wouldn't have made sense. You must have made a typo with the entire statement.
    (2)

-Dead Prez

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Looks a lot like an exaggerated claim. It certainly isn't a typo. Its for sure incorrect.

It's obvious you don't even know what a slip of the finger is. Even if you accidently used one word you hadn't meant to, the syntax of your statement wouldn't have made sense. You must have made a typo with the entire statement.
    If you delete that "every" in that sentence, then that sentence is correct. Moonshade does give 1k dmg boost to WS, just not every WS. I just show you the math, it's 1k dmg boost to leaden salute, none of the adoulin reward gives 1k dmg boost to your WS. Note that's without MDB- debuff, the gap should be bigger when your dmg gets 100% increase with MDB- debuff. When your WS has 4 FTP at 1000 TP and 6.7 at 2000 TP, Moonshade is just that strong, adoulin reward isn't even comparable....excluding snapshot ring maybe.

If you think my calculation is wrong, you or Dasva are free to point it out and start a math discussion. But don't outright call others "liar" before proving me wrong.(and even if you can prove me wrong, it doesn't mean I was "lying" either) If anything I feel you're just taking advantage of my own typo.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 11-12-2014 at 04:56 AM.

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It was amusing at first but now it's getting annoying how your story changes every time you get backed into a corner.

Moonshade is like a thousand more dmg for every WS in 1 slot, I don't see any ring as OP as that.
    When I tried to type "few WS" in the previous discussion, I accidentally typed "every WS" instead
    If you delete that "every" in that sentence
    Let me get this straight. You "tried" to type "few WS" but your fingers slipped (a typo) and you typed "every WS"? Your finger slipped 5 times typing a 3 letter word to keys no where near what you needed?
    Yeah if only we start changing what you said, then you were right.

That syntax in your original statement is correct.

But if we start removing and substituting words:

Now it reads
    Moonshade is like a thousand more dmg for WS in 1 slot, I don't see any ring as OP as that
    The syntax is still incorrect. Just like it is if it were to read
    Moonshade is like a thousand more dmg for few WS in 1 slot, I don't see any ring as OP as that
    Proving that you typed exactly what you meant to.

Since you brought up XIAH, this is actually what you're known for there. And I quote.

Well, I'm not going to argue with you, you're just annoying. And clearly didn't read what has been said up to that post.
    You have the same reputation there as you do here.
    (1)
    Last edited by Malphius; 11-12-2014 at 05:28 AM.

-Dead Prez

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast