Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    We are paying customers, a vast majority of us are long-time paying customers. I really don't think it would cause any issue

Making a choice is hard, when you can't make the choice, play the "I pay therefore SE should listen" card.
    (5)

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Making a choice is hard, when you can't make the choice, play the "I pay therefore SE should listen" card.
    That makes no sense at all and you are clearly not understanding what Creelo or anyone else is saying.
    (3)
    "You can't fool all of the people all the time, but if you fool the right ones then the rest will fall in line".

-Dead Prez

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Say you have all jobs 99 and all those jobs are ilvl119 gear.

Just because you play multiple jobs at a high standard, doesn't mean you don't have a personal favourite job. So just pick the ring that best suits that personal favourite job. After you obtain that ring, your other jobs are not suddenly become gimp, they will still be 119 standard. It just means that your favourite job will have a nice ring, an item that shows the world that you picked this ring for your favourite job.
    (1)

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Say you have all jobs 99 and all those jobs are ilvl119 gear.

Just because you play multiple jobs at a high standard, doesn't mean you don't have a personal favourite job. So just pick the ring that best suits that personal favourite job. After you obtain that ring, your other jobs are not suddenly become gimp, they will still be 119 standard. It just means that your favourite job will have a nice ring, an item that shows the world that you picked this ring for your favourite job.
    My favorite jobs are WHM and SAM. It's too bad I can't pick a ring for each class. Which like most others are saying, makes very little sense. The only argument against it is "When lv cap was 75 and you could only pick from 4 rings, you could only pick one". It's an extremely thin argument.
    (1)
    "You can't fool all of the people all the time, but if you fool the right ones then the rest will fall in line".

-Dead Prez

5. 11-09-2014 06:44 AM

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Tell that to Rajas and Epona's.

I didn't miss your point I just don't agree with it. I think most people have several jobs and classes that they want to play and they enjoy switching back and forth between them. I know I do. I know I NEED to, to get things done.

I've come up with a great way to keep this with in the realm of everyones traditional views. When you could only pick 1 or 4 rings, you are getting 25% of the total reward offerings. Choosing 3 of 12 will also let you select 25% of the reward offerings. There. Fixed. Everyone wins.
    (0)

-Dead Prez

7. 11-09-2014 07:11 AM

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Also I don't agree with the 1/3 and 1/12 stuff.
    Numbers aren't subjective.
    (0)

-Dead Prez

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    I would like to think that SE would aim to please its long-standing FFXI player-base, yes. And I see absolutely nothing wrong with that "card" anyways lol

We are ultimately what is supporting FFXI, right now. You get that, right? We are the people that are paying for this service and we provide the population within the game. Without us, SE wouldn't be acquiring money off of FFXI, nor would FFXI exist anymore, literally making us essential to SE's business model. I think that gives us more than a right for SE to listen to us closely.

In any case, things aren't going to change likely since the update is so near, and by this point, I'm over it. However, there is still a lot of potential for a side quest to be implemented (perhaps involving a more challenging series of BCNM fights against the big baddies of SoA) that could allow us to eventually pick a second ring. Otherwise, most of these rings will rot from not being picked and much more Bayld will be spent on changing rings, weakening the HP Bayld market even further. If there are people out there that are still truly against this and the idea of getting a second ring, then I really don't know what to say to them.
    (3)

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I can't believe you expect good service and results when paying for a service Creelo. I've only given SE about $1,600 since the game came out.
    (2)

-Dead Prez

11. 11-09-2014 07:53 AM

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    I would like to think that SE would aim to please its long-standing FFXI player-base, yes. And I see absolutely nothing wrong with that "card" anyways lol

We are ultimately what is supporting FFXI, right now. You get that, right? We are the people that are paying for this service and we provide the population within the game. Without us, SE wouldn't be acquiring money off of FFXI, nor would FFXI exist anymore, literally making us essential to SE's business model. I think that gives us more than a right for SE to listen to us closely.

In any case, things aren't going to change likely since the update is so near, and by this point, I'm over it. However, there is still a lot of potential for a side quest to be implemented (perhaps involving a more challenging series of BCNM fights against the big baddies of SoA) that could allow us to eventually pick a second ring. Otherwise, most of these rings will rot from not being picked and much more Bayld will be spent on changing rings, weakening the HP Bayld market even further. If there are people out there that are still truly against this and the idea of getting a second ring, then I really don't know what to say to them.
    I'm not against the idea of 2nd ring, but I'm against "I'm paying $$ thus SE should listen to everything I said and change design to however I want" mentality.

SE forced us to make a choice this game, this is part of gameplay, so only a few selected jobs of yours will be stronger. The goal of picking 1 ring is to make you CHOOSE. I'm not sure why's paying money even relevant in this discussion.

By your logic I can just write to SE "Please hand me every gear in this game and put them in my delivery box so I don't have to grind for them, that makes me happy and you're supposed to make me happy cuz I'm paying $$"

You're a paying customer, right. So you have every right to complain about their service, such as payment issues, customer service, and so on. But complaining about a design that forced you to make a choice? I don't know what to say.

I suppose making a choice is just that hard isn't it?

Do I WANT a 2nd ring? Yes. But if the game designer only want the player to have 1 ring, then I'll just make my choice. It won't make me feel unhappy, I'll just go ahead and....make a choice like how the designer want me to.
    (3)
    Last edited by Afania; 11-09-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Malphius View Post
    Tell that to Rajas and Epona's.

I didn't miss your point I just don't agree with it. I think most people have several jobs and classes that they want to play and they enjoy switching back and forth between them. I know I do. I know I NEED to, to get things done.

I've come up with a great way to keep this with in the realm of everyones traditional views. When you could only pick 1 or 4 rings, you are getting 25% of the total reward offerings. Choosing 3 of 12 will also let you select 25% of the reward offerings. There. Fixed. Everyone wins.

You can switch your jobs back and forth even if you can only choose 1 ring, idk why's job change system relevant in this discussion.

The reward for WoTG has multiple combinations, so it's more than 1/4 of choice.

The choice in CoP and WoTG favors 1 choice a lot more than the others, so in the end the players don't really need to make a choice.

I like the fact that more rings has a use so players actually have to think twice before making a choice. Also AFAIK most rings aren't as game changing as moonshade, it's not the end of the world if you don't have the other 11 rings.

HP bayld supply isn't a good excuse, they can make it drop from other content or something, or make it purchasable by plasm.
    (1)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast