Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    I really do despise the way they chose to go with rewards for this expansion... pick one of 12 rings? Really? -_-;
    (5)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Could you elaborate on why you despise it, Justin?
    (0)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Player
    I don't like restrictions on content rewards, especially in a day and age where playing multiple jobs has become a norm. I see quite a few of these being great pieces, none of them however are game breaking, and few of them would be truly "overpowered" to allow us to have together. Forcing us to pick only one not only forces us to pick one job or role over another, but it also means we have to yet again do content where a reward may be chosen based on the job most played rather than the job most favored.

For instance, the ring for pets, it looks truly awesome to me for pets, but what are the chances I'd pick that? On another character I highly favor BST, it's practically that character's main job at this point, and yet I doubt I'd pick that ring. No matter how awesome that ring is, it's not viable to pick that ring for the job I like over something that will benefit a wide range of jobs. I'd love to have that BST ring, really would, but thanks to the fact I'm only getting one ring I'd be a fool to pick something I'll only benefit from slightly, only when alone, rather than choose something that will benefit me on multiple jobs and in multiple situations.

I very much see this as similar to the WS Merits. Upon release there were many that sucked, there were many that were fantastic, and most people simply went with the most viable DD job WSs and ignored the rest. It's an attempt to make everyone unique in their own way by allowing us limited choices that will make us stand out. Instead, it implements a handful of things that only 1 in 10 people will bother with while the other 9 in 10 pick the more useful/viable options. Rather than making it a matter of true choice and uniquity it feels more like restriction and conformity almost every time, and thus far, I've yet to ever see them implement a system like this that succeeded. Merits failed(census data points to that), past mission rewards failed(Rajas, Atk/TP Moonshade), and this simply looks to me to be nothing new, just more of the same.
    (5)

4. 11-08-2014 07:13 AM

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    And this is (partly) why we can't have nice things.

I don't see how it is ungrateful at all; asking for two rings out of twelve seems perfectly reasonable to me. We are paying customers, a vast majority of us are long-time paying customers. I really don't think it would cause any issue (and in fact would be a great boon to us all) if SE threw us an extra bone this time when trying to decide what ring to pick out of twelve and let us pick two. Considering how long we have stuck with this game, I think we deserve an extra reward this time around. If they were only offering 1 of 3 rings like the previous expansions, I would certainly be singing a different tune; however, they're offering twelve...

Others and myself have already outlined other positives to being able to pick two rings instead of one, but I'll reiterate an important reason. The 300k Bayld cost to switch rings is horrible. That is going to equate to TONS of HP Bayld lost simply because of people switching rings, largely because they could only pick ONE ring. Have you tried working on an Ergon weapon? It's horrible enough as it is with the dwindling population and lack of interest in killing reives, and now they're going to cut into the supply further with this 300k Bayld cost? I'm not saying the 300k Bayld cost would not still occur, but it would occur much less frequently if people were given the option of picking two rings.

There's literally no cons to picking two rings instead of one, yet some still would rather not. It's illogical and ultimately detrimental.
    (4)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    This feels like a hidden reference to Lord of the Rings somehow...
    So many rings, and man desires more power, so obviously they want more rings.

Now we will find out another ring was made...one ring to rule them all..!

Ok, had to be done. I had my personal laugh. :3

On a more serious note... I can't decide for the life of me which ring is the most beneficial right now.
    (1)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Fine, I'll settle for two rings. But that synthesis ring shouldn't have to be picked out from the rest.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Why 3? Why not 4? Or 6? Or all 12?

It's funny because 3 days ago these rings didn't exist and everyone was fine with it. Now that they do, the sense of entitlement kicks in because something cool exists. You people are like a spoiled child who gets offered a fabulous toy, but then pouts and says "No I wanted the whole set!"

Multiple rings is totally precedent breaking. Every mission line has resulted in 1 reward. Wings of the Goddess, Shantotto Ascension, Crystaline Prophecy, and Moogle Kupo d'etat offered a range of variety similar to what's being offered with these rings thanks to the customizable augments system. Nobody ever complained before.
    (7)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Why 3? Why not 4? Or 6? Or all 12?

It's funny because 3 days ago these rings didn't exist and everyone was fine with it. Now that they do, the sense of entitlement kicks in because something cool exists. You people are like a spoiled child who gets offered a fabulous toy, but then pouts and says "No I wanted the whole set!"

Multiple rings is totally precedent breaking. Every mission line has resulted in 1 reward. Wings of the Goddess, Shantotto Ascension, Crystaline Prophecy, and Moogle Kupo d'etat offered a range of variety similar to what's being offered with these rings thanks to the customizable augments system. Nobody ever complained before.
    While I do feel the OP should change the tone and request in his post (down to 2 rings, 3 rings I feel is one too many). I do feel it's a bad comparison to compare these twelve rings to the customizable pieces of equipment we saw from the add-on scenarios. If we could actually customize our SoA ring, things would be much better, at least for me. Personally, I could drop the useless Singing/Blue Magic Skill/Refresh+1 on Renaye and drop the Quick Cast +3% on Weatherspoon, and finally add the Geo Skill +10 to the rest of Weatherspoon. The end piece: Macc+10, FC+5, Geo Skill+10, Light Ele Att +10, and my Geo char would be absolutely stoked and yet her other jobs would also benefit from the ring (while they couldn't really before with just Renaye).

I think asking for two rings out of the twelve, or the eventual ability to get a second ring, is absolutely reasonable. Not to mention, SE has already broken tradition by offering twelve rings; this has never been done before for an expansion reward. I don't see why they can't break tradition again and let us be able to pick two.
    (1)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    How about SE lets us buy them using real money!! I think it would be an excellent opportunity to raise some money for them. I would say $34.99 per ring and treat it as DLC stuff would be great!! Hell, they should make the last SoA chapter DLC honestly, but I think paying real money to get the other rings is reasonable. Like if you agree!
    (1)

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    3/12 isnt bad idea, just hope they let us get not just 1 maybe 2 or 3, use bayld to buy or something special,
    what is good on those hands? i dont seee nothing special
    (0)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast