Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Another hint for you:

Request >>>>>> Demand.
    I tried thinking of another word, but "Demand" was the only one that came up at that moment. Thank you for correction.
    (0)

Character
    Komby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    why not jsut let us get speed move and synthesis ring by default then ppl can pick 3rd one????
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kombys View Post
    why not jsut let us get speed move and synthesis ring by default then ppl can pick 3rd one????
    Because then every lvl 99 character in the game who spent a week or so doing some CS and battles, would have automatic super-movement speed and automatic synthesis bonuses. In which case it would be the same as changing the core game to make everyone permanently run faster and synth better. Which would defeat the purpose of these being special powerful rewards for completing a Hero Storyline.
    (4)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We definitely understand that it’s difficult to choose one ring because each one of them have attractive stats on them, but the development team created the stats with the idea in mind that you can only possess one. There have also been some requests to add a system for exchanging rings, but at the moment we do not have any plans to add a system to exchange rings similar to the other reward rings from the past.
    This has just ensured that I will never complete the Adoulin story line.

I like to play Dancer. I get a lot of shit for playing Dancer. I have been told repeatedly by multiple people to "F off" when I try to get in to things. I have repeatedly been told that Dancer is "completely worthless" unless I have a Terpsichore, but then still to not expect anyone to want me for anything.

All I see in these rings is yet another "you are absolutely worthless and will not be picked for doing things" barrier. You play SAM but don't have the WS ring? Or play WHM but don't have the Cure Potency II ring? Might as well not play.

There are too many people in this game who refuse to take anyone unless they have the best of the best gear. All this does, in a time where players need to be more diversified in what roles they can fill, is ensure that you're going to be drastically behind everyone else in a specific role unless you pick a specific ring.

Combine this with the fact that only a couple of the rings are worth taking at all (everyone I have spoken to has said they will get Karieyh or Orvail), and why even give us a choice at all? There is no choice when the choice is between "this is the best" and "everything else isn't".

Letting us pick two of the 12 rings, and splitting them up into melee, mage, and utility, and only letting us have one of a specific category, would be infinitely better than this screwed up system that is currently in place. It would let people still have some measure of diversity and allow the players to make [B]meaningful[B] choices, because as it stands right now there really is no choice about it: some of the rings are clearly worthless and make absolutely no sense, and some of them are so obviously better you'd have to be extremely obstinate, stupid, or insanely devoted to another job to pick another ring.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    This has just ensured that I will never complete the Adoulin story line.

I like to play Dancer. I get a lot of shit for playing Dancer. I have been told repeatedly by multiple people to "F off" when I try to get in to things. I have repeatedly been told that Dancer is "completely worthless" unless I have a Terpsichore, but then still to not expect anyone to want me for anything.

All I see in these rings is yet another "you are absolutely worthless and will not be picked for doing things" barrier. You play SAM but don't have the WS ring? Or play WHM but don't have the Cure Potency II ring? Might as well not play.

There are too many people in this game who refuse to take anyone unless they have the best of the best gear. All this does, in a time where players need to be more diversified in what roles they can fill, is ensure that you're going to be drastically behind everyone else in a specific role unless you pick a specific ring.

Combine this with the fact that only a couple of the rings are worth taking at all (everyone I have spoken to has said they will get Karieyh or Orvail), and why even give us a choice at all? There is no choice when the choice is between "this is the best" and "everything else isn't".

Letting us pick two of the 12 rings, and splitting them up into melee, mage, and utility, and only letting us have one of a specific category, would be infinitely better than this screwed up system that is currently in place. It would let people still have some measure of diversity and allow the players to make [B]meaningful[B] choices, because as it stands right now there really is no choice about it: some of the rings are clearly worthless and make absolutely no sense, and some of them are so obviously better you'd have to be extremely obstinate, stupid, or insanely devoted to another job to pick another ring.
    You're over-exaggerating the importance of Karieyh. Some people pick Karieyh because they don't have RNG, COR or mage jobs, or they want to save $$ on HQ stat rings. AFAIK Karieyh doesn't make drastic difference over HQ stat rings to make a job unplayable without it. I haven't check every job/WS though, you're free to give different opinion about Karieyh.
    (1)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm not exaggerating, or maybe you've never seen people refusing to take anyone but a 4 Song BRD for something, or refusing a MNK that doesn't have Oats.

People in this game can be absolutely retarded when it comes to "you must have the absolute best gear (that we think is best)".
    (2)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Karieyh sucks, and anyone that would exclude someone for not picking that ring is terrible enough that you're better off without the invite.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I would assume Karieyh Ring is pretty nice for single-hit weapon skills, but yeah, if someone's barring you from joining because you're missing that ring out of all of the things you could be missing they probably don't know what they're doing.

I don't think think any of these rings are on the level of make-or-break your job items. That goes to things like Aegis or Annihilator probably.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    I'm not exaggerating, or maybe you've never seen people refusing to take anyone but a 4 Song BRD for something, or refusing a MNK that doesn't have Oats.

People in this game can be absolutely retarded when it comes to "you must have the absolute best gear (that we think is best)".
    1 extra song and 119 weapon(assuming the MNK doesn't have another ilv119 weapon) makes a bigger difference than WSD+3% ring though.
    (0)

Player
    Don't think WSD+3% actually beats Ifrit +1 for Mnk (on VS), and prolly not even Rajas depending on where dDex falls, because if it's like all the other WSD items, the increased damage only applies on the first hit. I'm sure it's the best WS ring for Sam probably most of the time, perhaps Thf depending on WS? Though I suppose 5TP Regain is kinda nice for melee idle.

All this was discussed at length on ffxiah.

Personally I'm going with the Geo Skill + Refresh ring, refresh on the ring slot isn't make or break either, especially considering there's a lot of nice idle rings, but Geo Skill is kinda a huge deal, and Blu Skill 10 will probably afford you things like another Occultation shadow at times.
    (0)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12