Character
    Jeanna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Many options/features on SE account site are highly unreasonable, please reconsider.

I've played a lot of different games and honestly have never had a harder time than on the square enix account management page (or with customer service in general).

1) Being unable to change the address to a different country. I'm planning on moving from Canada to the States in the future and I can't seem to change my country. Why exactly is this like that? Do you expect people to never move? What am I supposed to do when I actually do move?

2) Allow us to input an actual billing address while adding a credit card instead of checking it against our SE address. It's really not unusual or unreasonable that someone would have a parent/relative pay for their account, or that they have a bank outside of the country or tied to a different address that they'd like to use but can't.

3) Make unlinking a SE account not such a huge deal. Why is this even such a problem?

4) Add different payment options than just Credit Cards. For CC to be the only option available in this time and age is just plain ridiculous.

5) Remove the 401/601 etc blocks or allow phone/chat support to bypass them. On top of that, add a clear, concise warning to what those errors are and what will happen with subsequent attempts. If a 24 hour block is really applied after the first failed attempt, lock the darn payment screen so we don't screw ourselves over. I can't even begin to imagine how many legitimate players have been screwed over by this system, being told to wait 24 hours, a week, a month, before trying again because they didn't understand what was going on. Harshly punishing your actual customers because they get caught up in the cross-fire of a poorly implemented fraud system is not a smart business decision.

6) Not sure if this is exactly inclusive of what the title says, but the customer service system needs a serious overhaul. CS reps have very little knowledge about anything, and even less power to actually do anything. Chat reps very obviously use copy/pasted scripts and are extremely unhelpful.

7) Crysta. What exactly is the point of crysta? I feel like I might be missing something but crysta seems entirely without much of a use. You get no discount for buying in bulk, it has the same payment options as a normal month to month sub. Maybe add discounts in crysta for buying in bulk or make it so it's gift-able to a friend.

Anyone else, feel free to chime in. Square has the worst site/support I've ever encountered of a legitimate business on the internet and I know a lot of people agree. Nothing is every going to change unless people speak up.
    (11)
    Last edited by Jeanna; 11-05-2014 at 11:06 AM.
    ★☆Taru Mule Extraordinnaire!☆★
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Odin/Calipso

Player
    You have no realistic grounds to sue them.

Crysta are useful if you don't want to be autobilled, you can pay your next month before it runs out without setting up a subscription. It's not something most people care about, but it could be useful for someone who isn't very good at managing their money.

Support the rest of what's in OP, I think the reason they won't let you change region is that you pay more if you have a UK account(maybe JP also?). They don't want people to realize they can save money by changing to US and paying $13 instead of 13E.
    (1)

Crysta had a point when they had non-credit-card options like PayPal, and is still useful in Japan where you can charge it with prepaid WebMoney cards.

It's not that you can't even change your country in the address, you can't change your region if you move between regions (and their payment system won't accept payment from a card from another region). I had to fight via email with the JP customer support center (in Japanese) to get my account converted to NA region because I had had the account for 9 years and had moved 5 times (started in 2002 and in 2010-2011 they stopped taking non-JP cards for JP aaccounts). NA support could view my account but couldn't change any setting on it because it was outside of their region. After 8 months of fighting with them about discrimination against military and government workers who move internationally and frequently (maybe you would be an embassy worker), they said they would do the change once in the lifetime of the account, and pretty much said if I moved again I needed to buy a new copy of the game from my new region and start over with a brand new character. Needless to say, I was upset after taking 8 years to reach max level and complete one mission chain on my first job (BLM).

The world is pretty small now, and it's ridiculous that they expect you to reset your progress because of moving between regions when all regions share the same servers and character data.

I still have my POL ID showing up with [JP] beside it, even though it's linked to an NA SquareEnix Account, and I still have to buy expansion registration codes from Japan, but at least I don't have to import WebMoney cards at 10% markup just to pay the monthly fee, and risk a ban by using a fake JP mailing address on my account to enable Crysta. This game is almost 13 years old, and it's silly to expect someone to live in the same place for 13 years.

Unlinking is a big deal to them because the point of linking to SE Accounts was to put all their online games under one billing system, and to reduce accounts being able to be used by multiple people (especially with Security Tokens). Really, once you link, except for a region change there is no reason why you'd need to link to a different ID.
    (0)
    Last edited by bungiefanNA; 11-06-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

crysta is useful if you want to deactivate mules once in awhile to save $$$

It used to be more so. I still use it.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Crysta is a way to pull more money out of you than you need to pay a recurring fee. You're forced to buy in even dollar increments, but none of the monthly fees are even with the purchase options. It's like hot dogs; you'll always have a remainder of either buns or dogs if you buy both at the grocery store.
    (0)

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambtor View Post
    Crysta is a way to pull more money out of you than you need to pay a recurring fee. You're forced to buy in even dollar increments, but none of the monthly fees are even with the purchase options. It's like hot dogs; you'll always have a remainder of either buns or dogs if you buy both at the grocery store.
    You can type in any number you want now as long as it's over $5.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Vasch View Post
    You can type in any number you want now as long as it's over $5.
    And it has been that way for a long time. They fixed it shortly after they required that everyone use a SquareEnix ID. I've been buying 1495 Crysta a month for a long time. 0 left over every month.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Jeanna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Addendum to #1, in the past it was possible to change your country in your address. (My fiances account was american and he was able to change it our Canadian address when he moved here) Now it's not. Why was that change made?

I really don't understand.

You guys are so afraid of RMT/fraud/account selling(?) that you have all these ridiculous over the top features that screw over the few legit players you have left.
    (0)
    ★☆Taru Mule Extraordinnaire!☆★
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Odin/Calipso