Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    I'm not affected either, I just wanted to bring my support since I find this issue outrageous and so direspectful.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vanfrano; 11-09-2014 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Same issue on FFXIV

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanfrano View Post
    I'm not affected either, I just wanted to bring my support since I find this issue outrageous and so direspectful.
    I know that their focus is FFXIV (God knows why...) but seriously ? Leaving players like this for so long ?
    Do they have a secret plan to make people quit FFXI ? Keep in mind that it has been the most profitable FF thanks to us, and that a huge part of this profit was used for XIV, not even XI.
    And no, a lot of us won't go to XIV if you manage to force us out of XI.
    I actually came back running to XI after trying ARR.
    It affects XIV too, but to a lesser extent. They have game time cards that allow them to bypass the credit card altogether. However, this doesn't help Legacy players, who have to pay via the website to get their lower price. There's also a thread about this issue on the XIV side that's been going since September of last year.
    (0)

Character
    Jeanna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    FF11 and FF14 share the exact same billing page and system, so this is just as much a problem with 14 as it is 11, which is why it's somewhat surprising they aren't getting off their asses faster to fix stuff. I guess their game time card solution is "good 'nuff", even though it's locking people out of some retainers.

I've had people trying to get me back into 14 but it's very quickly getting to the point where you couldn't pay me to play a SE game :/
    (2)
    ★☆Taru Mule Extraordinnaire!☆★
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Odin/Calipso

Character
    Knightstrike
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 60
    Yea it's to the point that my Wife and I won't touch another SE MMO maybe something that's offline/co-op/co-op online, but we'er done with SE MMO's, we found out that the SE store's billing is done by Digital River (bought a time card for 14 and it was declined payed through paypal) and SE account management billing is run by Global Collect, so SE doesn't do any of their own billing, so we'er done with SE MMO's the lack of fixing billing issues and not doing something about RMT spammers, botters, hackers, ect. I have seen and reported a lot on 14 and seen in these forums it's happening here too, I guess money is more important, that's not a company we'd want to stick with, money hungry even if it's from the ones f'ing it up.

for those TL; DR people bottom line we quit, not touching another SE MMO, we don't support money hungry companies.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanfrano View Post
    I know that their focus is FFXIV (God knows why...) but seriously ? Leaving players like this for so long ?
    Do they have a secret plan to make people quit FFXI ? Keep in mind that it has been the most profitable FF thanks to us, and that a huge part of this profit was used for XIV, not even XI.
    And no, a lot of us won't go to XIV if you manage to force us out of XI.
    I actually came back running to XI after trying ARR.
    Since FFXI and FFXIV share the same billing system, people with billing problems can't jump to FFXIV. As such, they'll find another game from another company to jump to, probably stop paying attention to this one, and drag any of their friends that still can pay. Having a situation where legitimate players can't access the game for so long is bad for the population. There's enough MMOs on the market now that attention span for them is easily taken away by another one. You can't afford to not have your customers be able to play your game. You may not be affected by the billing trouble, but it will affect you by lowering the population of your linkshell/server/social group.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

The way SE set this up is, the country that is on your SE account must be the same as the credit card you are using. For example you put US when you sign up for SE account but try to pay with a Canadian credit card it isn't going to work. Also country IP address must match. For example you can use a US credit card while on a trip to Japan to pay for the game because they will see you have a JP IP trying to pay with a US card.

This cuts down on RMT and people selling accounts, which is probably why they do it.
    (0)

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkStoneDragon View Post
    for those TL; DR people bottom line we quit, not touching another SE MMO, we don't support money hungry companies.
    They clearly don't seem very money hungry to me, considering they're turning away paying customers.
    (1)

Character
    Knightstrike
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasch View Post
    They clearly don't seem very money hungry to me, considering they're turning away paying customers.
    The 14 cash shop.. yes it has a mount I like but, its 24.00 USD. Honestly I am like you guys I want to see them bring back paypal.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    The way SE set this up is, the country that is on your SE account must be the same as the credit card you are using. For example you put US when you sign up for SE account but try to pay with a Canadian credit card it isn't going to work. Also country IP address must match. For example you can use a US credit card while on a trip to Japan to pay for the game because they will see you have a JP IP trying to pay with a US card.

This cuts down on RMT and people selling accounts, which is probably why they do it.
    You know what they say about good intentions and the road to hell.
    (0)

Character
    Jeanna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    40 days after and trying once every couple days, I still can't buy crysta or re-activate any of my characters. FORTY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My CC has worked once or twice in the past so logic would suggest that it's not a problem with my card or with the address not matching, ect.

I have tried literally everything mentioned by se and others. Even went so far as to try different internet. It's either a 401 or a 601 every. single. time.
    (0)
    ★☆Taru Mule Extraordinnaire!☆★
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Odin/Calipso

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2