Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
  1. #31
    Player Finuve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    282
    Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Absolutely not, pet level: is just another stat which physically makes your pet a certain level, which also happens to raise its stats accordingly.

    ILevel itself doesn't do anything, it's the statvomit that raises your stats to that comparable to a level 119 player which is mainly helpful for defense, evasion and magic evasion.
    It's the other stats on the gear that determine if a piece is good or not.
    ilevel is how you make your pet level higher though...
    (1)

  2. #32
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    447
    Bst and Drg with their weapons yeah. Although a melee job would very rarely ever have a use for a lower ilvl weapon, WKR OAT is all that comes to mind. Smn and Pup are both tied to their ranged slots, neither being useful as far as ilvl is concerned, it could lack that 119 in the corner and do the exact same thing. As far as gear is concerned, as that was what was being talked about, it has no bearing on anything beyond the average item lvl affecting your trusts lvl, and the stats that come with it.

    Think of ilvl in this game as a rough guide, at best. Defensive stat wise, it's almost universally better to use higher ilvl, although not always. The past few updates have brought along many ilvl items that simply have higher than normal stats in one area, while forgoing a lot of the stat vomit. ilvl still means nothing, as it pretty much always has. Look at the gear and use what's best for a given situation. They could of skipped the ilvl step as some of you wish, but then done the exact same thing anyways. Would it not be weird if lvl 99 gear had all these stats? Then you'd have "why is this 99 gear so much better than the old 99 gear that we've been able to grind for the past 2 years?"
    (0)
    7/10/14

  3. #33
    Player Oakrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    151
    Character
    Oakozric
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Absolutely not, pet level: is just another stat which physically makes your pet a certain level, which also happens to raise its stats accordingly.

    ILevel itself doesn't do anything, it's the statvomit that raises your stats to that comparable to a level 119 player which is mainly helpful for defense, evasion and magic evasion.
    It's the other stats on the gear that determine if a piece is good or not.
    Pretty sure you've got this wrong. iLVL actually determines the base pet level (excluding items such as Monster Gloves for bst that augment Call Beast).
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

    Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

  4. #34
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,548
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I dunno, the difference is that never before did they make most content utterly entirely useless in one fell swoop.
    A lot of the content that was "made useless" was subsequently updated with new versions suitably designed for the current power of our characters, which kind of negates that issue (And in fact is better than either changing the content or leaving it alone because people can still play the original versions at their original parameters for old time's sake if they wish)

    ILevel itself doesn't do anything, it's the statvomit that raises your stats to that comparable to a level 119 player which is mainly helpful for defense, evasion and magic evasion.
    The "statvomit" is directly calculated based on the ilvl. As previously mentioned, the stats are configured to bring yours to what they would be if your character was level 119 (or whatever level your gear is)
    (0)

    Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakrest View Post
    Pretty sure you've got this wrong. iLVL actually determines the base pet level (excluding items such as Monster Gloves for bst that augment Call Beast).
    No, iLevel does not determine the level of you pets.
    You cannot equip a random piece of iLevel 1xx gear to make pets get a higher level, the piece of gear itself needs to say that it raises the level of your pet.
    (0)

  6. #36
    Player Esma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1
    Character
    Nippy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It should be noted that for SMNs, the only item that determines your pet's level is the sachet. Some of the 119's (like AF pants) have no gains for your avatar compared to the 109 (the "Pet:" stats are exactly the same on this piece). The increased stat vomit, however, increases the player's stats as usual.
    (0)

  7. #37
    Player
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    No, iLevel does not determine the level of you pets.
    You cannot equip a random piece of iLevel 1xx gear to make pets get a higher level, the piece of gear itself needs to say that it raises the level of your pet.
    Umm~ no. The level of BST pets are based on the gear of the BST, there are no specific pieces that say they increase the level of your pet except the Relic Hands and those aren't even what's being talked about here.
    (0)

  8. #38
    Hmmm... I was wrong here on that part then.
    I was under the assumption that Beastmaster's pet levels had a similar system to Puppetmasters and Summoners, on which the pet levels are determined by the actual stat being on the gear. (Sachet/etc.)
    (0)

  9. #39
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Hmmm... I was wrong here on that part then.
    I was under the assumption that Beastmaster's pet levels had a similar system to Puppetmasters and Summoners, on which the pet levels are determined by the actual stat being on the gear. (Sachet/etc.)
    They do. As a few said (and more seemed to disagree) it functions off of the ilvl of the main hand weapon.

    Quote from the version update in July of 2013 to put this ignorance to rest.

    Beastmaster

    New pets that can be summoned via the Call Beast job ability have been added. (Rabbit, Chapuli, Dark Shelled Crab)
    Reference attributes when calling pets over level 99 have been changed.
    If at or below level 99: PC’s Level + the pet’s maximum level
    If over level 99: Main weapon item level + the pet’s maximum level
    The internal level will still be level 99, but the pet's stats will be raised.
    If the main weapon is switched out when a pet is active, the increased stats will change based on the new main weapon.
    (0)
    Last edited by Malithar; 11-13-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    7/10/14

  10. #40
    So, what you are saying (and what I am reading from the quote) is that ilevel itself doesn't raise the pet's level but the ilevel of the main weapon merely raises the pet's stats.
    Correct?
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast