Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    I have everything to 60+ that has been released thus far, I have 2 mobs at 90+, one at 86 on it's way to 90, and only one more I'm taking to 90 before I simply stop doing Monstrosity. I love the event, but there's only so long I can play solo, without reward, in the same 3 areas, without wanting to gouge my own eyes out.
    (2)

Wow, you guys, how are you doing it? Especially on DD-type mons. Are you pretty much using Belligerency? When Xarc and Uleg are beastmen-controlled, there doesn't seem to be any advantage to that mode (no crystals). So I jump around from camp to camp, hunting VT-IT and trying to maximize RoEs.
    I'm trudging along on Opo-opo, then next is rabbit. And I am so burned out but I should really be buckling down during this exp event.
    (0)

Player
    Personally, I do nothing but Belligerency after level 12(which I hit in East Sarutabaruta), Bub to 35, Xarc to 53, Uleg to whatever level I stop at. Once you have enough great Instincts to fuel your monsters you can fly through everything. Trust me, getting burned out isn't something I'm by any means impervious to, hell, in all honesty I can level once every 5~10 minutes at level 70+ on any BLM mob, the only thing that keeps me going is boredom, watching shows, playing other games, and generally having time to kill, due to that fact I normally take more like 30min a level because I do one pull then afk for like... 15 min while I wait for mobs to repop since I don't feel like moving.

As for Melee mobs... I really can't stand to level them, the only way I do those is by afk leveling while I play something like Destiny or watch a TV show/movie. All of that said, the early levels keep me entertained enough to focus, it's only when I get around Uleg that I start to lose all interest. Now that all mobs are 60+ for me, well... yeah. We really just need parties, new mobs, some new belligerency areas, and we'd be good for a few more months at the very least. How much is that to ask for? Really?
    (2)

Gnole was by far the best DD-mob to level once you get Cacophony. I had no problem zooming to 75 prior to the exp campaign.
    But god yes, post 60 is horrible for most anything else. Opo just doesn't have much going for it. At least when I do the rabbit I have the choice of a mage version.
    I am exactly like you, when I get to a camp I stay there, auto-attack and afk, often reading a book or looking on my computer in another room. So it takes me longer to level than it should. I do love the double exp event though, for far less kills per level. If only I could keep myself focused on it, lol.
    I'm still holding out for the khimaira but man, the grind that is going to be, I'm sure ...

ETA: You must have a gazillion infamy. I would like the choice of skipping some of the grind by buying more species with infamy. I'd still to have to go out and earn it, and I could concentrate on instincts and unlocking things, but it would let me skip really long paths to get the big guys I want.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mitruya; 11-18-2014 at 11:37 PM.

We're nearing December, can we get some news please? ^_^
    (1)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    We're nearing December, can we get some news please? ^_^
    They first have to fix their servers. Seems it's pretty severe the past few days.
    After that we can probably expect some news early December.
    As to when the new update is, it's usually just before christmas.
    (0)

So many topics have gotten official responses lately ... how come we've been asking about Monstrosity since June (or beyond) and can't even get a "we'll ask the devs and get back to you" or "stay tuned for the next update" or even "this content is not top priority"?
    (1)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    An interesting interview was posted on Gamerescape, one of the questions was about Monstrosity:

GE: Are there plans to continue development of Monstrosity? Can we look forward to uncapped zones for PvP?

Mizuki Ito: This issue is not unique to Monstrosity. A great number of personnel were working on the conclusion to the Seekers of Adoulin missions, and expansions to a variety of content have been put on the back burner. Though the missions themselves have concluded in the November patch, there are still some threads left unconnected, and we will introduce further quests and Seekers of Adoulin-related battle content in the months ahead that will take a deeper look into these stories. As such, we have been unable to prioritize Monstrosity. Scheduled high priority content will be released bit by bit, and once that has been done, there is a possibility that Monstrosity may rise in the priority list.
    Linkage : http://gamerescape.com/2014/11/26/11...ffxi-dev-team/
    (1)

Thanks for the info!
    (0)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Finally we get some solid info! Why they couldn't just tell us on the forums that they dropped it I'll never understand, but hey, case is closed time to pack it up and go home.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast