Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Chocobo racing/betting is a pile of crock!

I need chocobucks to buy medicine to help make my chocobo well again, they're never for sale on AH and growing them will take too long. Tried racing him in a hopes I might even get 3rd place so I could earn some chocobuck to buy his medicine but he was always turning out last. When he finally did get 3rd place all I got was gil, and the next race he got to join in was against 5 others instead of 3 and again all he did was lose even when using speed apples (which did bog all!)

Tried betting too but it only pays out gil and no more than what you put into it (if you're lucky to win!) It's a waste of code.

This is totally impossible to do and is annoying the hell out of me. They're rigged so you always lose.
    (1)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 11-02-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    Hello my party fellows, sorry I'm late!
    My chocobo passed out because I'm overweight.

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I've been saying ever since it's release that Chocobo racing was a total waste of time. You have absolutely no control over the out come of a race even with force feeding steroids.
    It could have been a fun event if you could actually RACE the chocobo yourself against NPC or PC players instead of just watching a cutscene of your bird go from 1st place to last place on the final turn.
    (0)

Character
    Sasuko
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Unless your chocobo is well bred for racing, you should spam Free Runs for chocobucks. From the description of how many chocobo are racing, it sounds like you might be doing the Official/Challenge runs.

In my experience sick chocobos also recover after a few days even without medicine anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    (1)