Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

[dev1239] New Jugs, Beastial Loyalty and Ready Adjustments

Wow!

These changes look very promising. If the new jugs are stronger, Beastmasters may be viable again!

I am optimistic.....but cautiously optimistic.

Link: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...nts#post529940
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I've got a mixed bag of feelings on this myself, though this might get me to dust off my BST again.

For pets, I'm cautiously excited about some of the lineup; tigers have been consistently good for attack power and strong TP moves in the past, and combined with all of the acc updates lately, they may end up being our DD jug of choice. Snapweed looks interesting as a pet, especially with the number of status-afflicting special moves they get. And of course, Ladybug being a THF mob might mean that he'll be our high-level TH mob. One can only wish that they'd bump it back up to TH3, but that one's a pipe dream. :P

Beastial Loyalty - Eh, it's not bad I suppose, but not really good; all it does is save a little gil every 20 minutes. For Reives though, this will be invaluable, since you can essentially have a ton of free pets with JA resets.

TP Move changes - Ugh. To an extent this is okay, but we're still locked to the 3-charge system. Even if you can TP freely whenever you want (and your attacks are just modified by TP, but don't require them), you're still as limited as before on your Ready usage. The only change is that you can now blow all of your charges at once now instead of waiting on TP. You'll still end up staring at the timer for your next Ready charge.
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Madteddybear
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If they aren't giving us good job adjusments , they could at least give us better pets...

This update we get:

- 1 Tiger. meh i guess its ok Hobs was nice back on day, kinda.
    - Snapweed. The multi debbuffs moves, are gonna be like all moves like those on our pets, useless and prolly they wont get all the moves anyway. ( Sabotender as plantoid too, would be a better pet at least , not much good pets candidates on platoids anyway )
    -Yuly 2.0 . Meh a THF pet, ok i guess, moves are useless though.
    -And.. a Fly.. a f.. fly... prolly the most useless jug we ever had on our arsenals... wth is the problem with giving us better pets ? only on same category ( vermin ) we could get a Scorpion...( my personal favorite ), a Antlion ( chopsuey 2.0 ) or even a f... spider...

Call me crazy, but why not same thing they did on past and give us a non charmable family, like we got back on day Falcorr , like Belladonas, little morbols... Ruszors.., peistes or even a little marid lol

Next set after thins one, gonna be a useless mandy, another toad, our 25th crab and ofc a new Flytrap

P.D. Excuse my grammar , i'm not an english speaker.
    (1)

still not addressing the key issue, the general weakness of called pets, as they are all we can use in current end-game content. The def, eva, and atk need to be beefed in line with the acc buff we got last update (which frankly seems a bit low), and the job traits still have abysmal proc rates; this issue affects all 4 pet jobs by the way.

Not to mention the ready abilities are so low powered that they are frequently weaker than the pet's regular melee attacks, I seriously doubt letting them go off without even 1k TP is going to make them any stronger. Seriously, just let us charm in instanced fights, it worked fine for 9 years or so... and yes, fix the jugs as well.
    (1)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    So just curious on the Beastial Loyalty ability, but am I to assume it still applies the "Call Beast" effects via AF2/RAF2 Hands to your pet as well?
    Can anybody enlighten me on this, please? Picking BST back up after a long time so haven't caught up with it just yet.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yeah, it works the same as with Call Beast.
    (1)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Oh ok, thanks a ton!
    (0)