Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Its very common to quickly do 2x Quickdraw to help get yourself over 1k TP to do a weaponskill.

So in a short spam of time the current system fails because in a short span on time during laggy combat:

1) You swapped gearsets from Ranged Tp / Melee Tp set to Quickdraw Set
    2) used /ammo and another macro to switch to quickdraw ammo
    3) used another macro to remove the ammunition once you've executed 1-2 quickdraw
    4) swapped to ranged weaponskill set and different ammunition to execute the weaponskill

I just did a full round of naakauls to exchange the paragons for another Animikii Bullet, and did 3 hurkans this week to store a spare bullet in my delivery box in case I lose them.

You introduced rare shuriken and make that give a full pouch of 99 shurikens which ninjas can go crazy with an use Sange/Daken with - so when can you give corsairs at least a bullet pouch that would just dispense a single animikii bullet every hour (with 99 charges or something)
    (1)
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphires View Post

2) used /ammo and another macro to switch to quickdraw ammo
    3) used another macro to remove the ammunition once you've executed 1-2 quickdraw
    Just add /equip ammo "your ammo" before your /ra for #2 and then /equip ammo after /ra (after a wait perhaps depending on lag). {If you want to use multiple different ammo then you can always have a macro for each ammo type. each macro will equip it and then perform the /ra and then unequip slot}

The point is that as long as you make it a habit that you never ever have anything in your ammo slot, then you can never ever accidentially shoot the ra/ex ammo when you only ever equip that ammo before your QD and remove it immediate after as well.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    I just put none ex/rare ammo for TP/WS set, and added a /wait 1 /equip ammo none ex/rare ammo right after QD macro.

So everytime when I fire off QD it should swap back, if it doesn't then I can click WS/TP macro to swap the ammo back. Everytime when I do an event I just make sure I have 1 full stack of none ex/rare ammo so I don't run out, if I do /ra events I make sure I have 2 stacks.
    (0)

Character
    Yottaxa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    just add

/equip ammo

to the very last line in your macro.

If you want to be double sure, add that into a separate macro and hit that before and after every fight/entry-exit of BC/etc.
    Just for the record, this works great! *BUT* I have this on *all* my macros, and on my /equipsets I have it swap to a "bullet" as well. And yet - as mentioned in my original post you can still loose the bullet - I'm pretty sure Iron Giants and the Birds in Flux 13 WOE can cause an encumbrance state which does not allow you to swap the bullet and loose it on a WS unknowingly. (If the move goes off the instant you start you WS) I know I have lost at least 1 this way. Hence my sheer frustration with the issue.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yottaxa View Post
    Just for the record, this works great! *BUT* I have this on *all* my macros, and on my /equipsets I have it swap to a "bullet" as well. And yet - as mentioned in my original post you can still loose the bullet - I'm pretty sure Iron Giants and the Birds in Flux 13 WOE can cause an encumbrance state which does not allow you to swap the bullet and loose it on a WS unknowingly. (If the move goes off the instant you start you WS) I know I have lost at least 1 this way. Hence my sheer frustration with the issue.
    Yeah those encumbrance will lock it so you won't be able to unequip it. My advice is still to make a separate macro that does nothing else but to empty the slot (/equip ammo). So if in doubt, just hit that 1st.

Sadly, there's no perfect solution. Just work around that can get you almost as close to prefect as possible.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2