Character
    Yottaxa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

(Dev ?) Rare/Ex Ammo Woes!!!

Dear SE,

In spite of **extensive** checks with my /macros using the existing FFXI interface - it is all too easy to accidentally shoot and *LOSE* rare ammo (i.e. Animikii Bullet) (Including due to encumbrance effects that do not allow you to swap armor)

Why offer these items without a secure way to ensure that they are not expended unintentionally? Especially when there is a great deal of time acquiring replacements? (Hurkan...)

How hard is it to offer ranged ammo users some type of /command that prevents expending/consuming rare ammo if the ammo would be lost? Seems like common sense. Thanks.
    (11)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Wish I could vote up this more than once. I hate the unlimited shot system for the reasons you stated, and it needs to be fixed so that if you are trying to shoot a rare/ex ammo, it will NOT fire if it will be expended for any reason.
    (3)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Not a perfect system, and would give -1 inventory, but what about changing it to be like the conquest ammo? A ra/ex belt that dispenses a single piece of ammo, so if you accidentally shoot it, you know that another one will be guaranteed when the cooldown is ready.
    (1)

Character
    Yottaxa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    Not a perfect system, and would give -1 inventory, but what about changing it to be like the conquest ammo? A ra/ex belt that dispenses a single piece of ammo, so if you accidentally shoot it, you know that another one will be guaranteed when the cooldown is ready.
    This is such an easy fix to an absurdly annoying problem. If only SE would read, listen and respond. Even on a 1hr+ cool-down it would totally solve such issues.
    (1)

In regards to accessories that can be equipped in the ammo slot, they can no longer be shot or thrown. With rare ammunition, however, the development team would like players to handle them with care instead of adding optional restrictions.

Though, when it comes to Animikii Bullet, which corsair uses quite often, the team will consider looking into countermeasures, but there is no additional information we can provide at this time.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I stopped using my Animikii Bullet because i'm afraid i'lol shoot it off, again. How sad is that?
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    With rare ammunition, however, the development team would like players to handle them with care instead of adding optional restrictions.
    People are being careful, the system just sucks. I don't know why that's so hard to get. You're effectively blaming your players for their mistakes rather than accepting that your own system's flaws and it's issues with latency are what cause people to lose their items to such stupid things.
    (5)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    just add

/equip ammo

to the very last line in your macro.

If you want to be double sure, add that into a separate macro and hit that before and after every fight/entry-exit of BC/etc.
    (1)

Character
    Sekhmet
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    just add

/equip ammo

to the very last line in your macro.

If you want to be double sure, add that into a separate macro and hit that before and after every fight/entry-exit of BC/etc.
    This is exactly what I do, and it works quite well. The only problem I've come across is when your normal ammo runs out and the Animikii is the only thing you have left, lost it twice, but that was kinda my fault for not paying attention to my ammo reserves.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    That's actually the point of /equip ammo. Not /equip ammo "ammo name here" but /equip ammo. What that does, since you didn't specify an equipment piece, is remove your ammo slot completely. So if there's anything in it, now there's nothing. Removing/putting in ammo doesn't lose TP, so it saves you the headache of accidentally shooting your bullet simply because you don't have it equipped anymore, even if you ran out of other ammunition.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast