Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    453
    still have flurry 2. dia 3. frazzle 2. slow2. refresh 2. still can do things like backup tank, backup healer.
    (0)

  2. #12
    Player Zekander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    119
    Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    So we are still slightly more effective then any other job subbing RDM. /hurray
    (0)

  3. #13
    Player Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    802
    Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekander View Post
    So we are still slightly more effective then any other job subbing RDM. /hurray
    I would also add Distract II, Paralyze II and Phalanx II into the mix.

    I'm not sure how they plan on giving haste II to everyone. So I don't know the details about what you mean when you say that. But to be honest, haste generally is such a powerful effect it did need to be spread around a bit more.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dale; 11-05-2014 at 01:24 AM.

  4. #14
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekander View Post
    So we are still slightly more effective then any other job subbing RDM. /hurray
    do a stymie, saboteur distract 2 on Wopket. with that and buffs, DDs don't even need to switch to accuracy gear when it does its flash move. Let's see another job do that. oh wait, they can't, cuz they aren't going to land distract nine times out of 10. Flurry 2 makes it so you can kill DM on very difficult with less than two full parties. I can go on more, but I hope you get the point. Negative people like you should at least try to be realistic. I'm not asking for optimism, just realism. Get out of your small little view of how things are and take in the whole picture. RDM is a support class that can also be a backup tank and backup healer. We cripple mobs and enhance greatly party members. All the while we are still able to swing our sword as well.
    (0)

  5. #15
    Player Zekander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    119
    Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Perhaps the sarcasm as unwarranted, I'm just a bitter cynic. However, I'm fairly certain that realism doesn't include backup tanking or swinging swords in party situations. Perhaps you have friends who allow you to do these things, but the reality is that most people don't. I could go on but I don't want to derail this thread any further, I made a separate thread for that purpose.

    Does anyone have any other suggestions for spells they would like Red Mage to have?
    (0)

  6. #16
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    453
    i have no problem holding an NM when a PLD dies. i also swing my sword every time i go to delve as RDM. I do a lot of damage too. Last Wopket I did about 85k (little over 12% of the damage). Obviously it's not going to be anywhere near what the SAM that has SP abilities that are great for zerg damage. But I am not that far off of a mnk or war.
    (1)

  7. #17
    Player Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    802
    Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    i have no problem holding an NM when a PLD dies. i also swing my sword every time i go to delve as RDM. I do a lot of damage too. Last Wopket I did about 85k (little over 12% of the damage). Obviously it's not going to be anywhere near what the SAM that has SP abilities that are great for zerg damage. But I am not that far off of a mnk or war.
    Agreed. This notion that a Red Mage can't melee effectively is just not grounded in reality - because they can.
    (0)

  8. #18
    Player Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    802
    Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekander View Post
    Perhaps the sarcasm as unwarranted, I'm just a bitter cynic. However, I'm fairly certain that realism doesn't include backup tanking or swinging swords in party situations. Perhaps you have friends who allow you to do these things, but the reality is that most people don't. I could go on but I don't want to derail this thread any further, I made a separate thread for that purpose.

    Does anyone have any other suggestions for spells they would like Red Mage to have?
    I saw another poster suggest Amnesia. So maybe you could add that to your list. That would be a really cool spell for Red Mages.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dale; 11-06-2014 at 02:41 AM.

  9. #19
    Player Zekander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    119
    Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yeah, but a full amnesia spell would definitely be overpowered. Unless it had such a short duration that it was effectively similar to Stun, but even then giving RDM two different forms of stun would probably be overpowered as well. I liked the idea of an Addle type effect for TP moves, can't think of a name for a spell like that atm though.
    (0)

  10. #20
    Player Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    802
    Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekander View Post
    Yeah, but a full amnesia spell would definitely be overpowered. Unless it had such a short duration that it was effectively similar to Stun, but even then giving RDM two different forms of stun would probably be overpowered as well. I liked the idea of an Addle type effect for TP moves, can't think of a name for a spell like that atm though.


    To be honest with you: the way some of these NMs spam abilities - especially if a lot of melee jobs are on top of them - it's pretty ludicrous and I think a spell like Amensia is warranted. As long as it had a reasonable duration and recast that is. I agree a full amnesia spell a Red Mage could keep up indefinitely would be too powerful. But I like the idea of one that could be well-timed to stop certain effects - like a chain spell blizzaga which I experienced the other day lol

    I like the idea of a addle-like spell for tp moves too. Sounds good to me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dale; 11-06-2014 at 09:01 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2