Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    The reason is so that they don't invalidate all the content they just put out by increasing ilevel? Who would want to do any of these bc's or any delve content for gear if you can just get i120+ from the new content? They wanted to keep some longevity to the content.

I honestly don't remember that in Abyssea unless you were one of those bst that took 3 hours to solo a mob with your invincible pet. Everyone else did it more efficiently by bringing the correct jobs. There was a bandwagon at that time too if you didn't remember, most people wanted to bring NIN WHM MNK THF and BLM barely any other jobs were considered. Most people even soloed everything with mules during that era to keep all the drops to themselves. If you think Delve is restrictive then you are nuts... You can practically destroy any delve zone with any DD job as long as you have a conventional support line.
    I would go with my friends and work on getting pop item drops while they did staggers. I often played on BST. Rewards were plentiful enough that it was no biggie having friends along even if they weren't perfect, and BST had strengths in absysea, it was no where near as far behind as it is now. No one is going to want me on BST for delve.

Also I am not calling for the items to be 120, I am calling for the items to be as good as delve items or slightly better in some cases - but at 119. The game used to have good options for almost every slot for almost every job from almost every event. That made it worthwhile to do more than just 1 event.

Why wouldn't you want that? hardcores are all capped out on delve already and casuals never get to do it, so I don't see the point in keeping most of the best in slot in that event.
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

"casuals" get to do Delve all the time. You do realize you can use beads, that are 100% drop rate, to lock out 3 NMs? That means in 45 minutes you have to kill two NMs and one Mega boss, HOW can you possibly lose!? I see "casuals" shouting for Delve all the time, there is nothing stopping you from shouting on BST and gathering the appropriate jobs if your BST is well geared. All the NMs in Delve are also soloable on BST, outside where you can get non-mega boss items to prepare for them inside. I already explained how these BCNMs have items that are good and some are comparable to Delve gear if you don't have that. They are also all soloable on various difficulty levels.
    (0)

I see almost no shouts for delve anymore... so yeah I think you're just making things up. And the shouts I do see are for support jobs or ranger only.

And no, I am not going to shout to do delve on BST, and yes, I have lost multiple times with people (the kind of people who actually could use the gear) on real jobs, and if my bst was THAT well geared (mythic full + full 119) where anyone would even consider taking my BST - I wouldn't need delve.

Please go shout as a bst for party members for delve and let me know how that works out for you. People will think you're trolling.

Frankly, you're obviously trolling right now.
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Your sig is once again accurate. People don't do Delve for the gear anymore, they do it for gil lol. I see shouts for Delve every single day, you are lying if you claim there are no shouts for Delve on your server. No wonder you have no friends to do content with, your attitude in general is very poor. You have no initiative to do anything and you wait for hand outs from SE. Do you ever sit there and wonder how everyone else has Delve items so easily and has beaten all the content while you struggle to even be included?
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Your sig is once again accurate. People don't do Delve for the gear anymore, they do it for gil lol. I see shouts for Delve every single day, you are lying if you claim there are no shouts for Delve on your server. No wonder you have no friends to do content with, your attitude in general is very poor. You have no initiative to do anything and you wait for hand outs from SE. Do you ever sit there and wonder how everyone else has Delve items so easily and has beaten all the content while you struggle to even be included?
    If ever there was doubt this guy is a troll, it's gone now.
    (3)

Character
    Nostromo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 36
    You're right that people don't do delve for gear anymore and instead for money, but you forgot that beading NMs = less plasms, and less plasms = less money. And just because you see shouts all the time on your server, doesn't mean he's having the same experience on his.
    (4)

Player
    It's a complicated issue. The content is not brutally hard, unforgiving, etc. If I had any 6 of the whiners accounts, I could clear 6/6 delve in a day without any outside help(maybe +1 day on job leveling if their combination was particularly bad). If you got a group together and tried for a while, you'd win. This is what people had to do when delve1 came out, remember how it took over a month before anyone had even cleared a T6? That wasn't for lack of trying, dedicated groups were bringing full coordinated alliances and getting their asses kicked while they worked out the strategy and farmed up the gear needed to do it. Now, the strategies are known and you can go right ahead and pick up gear good enough to win for the sparks you got for free while leveling to 99.

The attitude spreads itself, though. If you shout as a BST, a sparks-DD, or even someone known to be new-ish.. nobody will be interested. The other new people may see it as futile, or see themselves as unworthy. There isn't a quick fix to this, and it may not be solely the fault of the players. That doesn't mean you should let it keep you down. If you want to advance, you have to put the time into making a group and (this is the important part) stick with it. The only surefire way not to win delve is not to try delve.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    If ever there was doubt this guy is a troll, it's gone now.
    Should look up what it is to troll then, I am just giving my honest opinion. Delve isn't hard to beat as evidenced by all the people with gear from it who are already bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru_Sylph View Post
    You're right that people don't do delve for gear anymore and instead for money, but you forgot that beading NMs = less plasms, and less plasms = less money. And just because you see shouts all the time on your server, doesn't mean he's having the same experience on his.
    I was suggesting that because he needs the gear more than the money. You can solo ALL the outside NMs on various jobs, so that gear is easy to obtain solo. There are many video solos of these NM, some on BST. The mega boss gear is easier to get if you bead stuff and only have to deal with two NMs. Every server has shouts for Delve, go look at ffxiah.com. It's one of the only content left really that people spam all day every day.
    (0)
    Last edited by Draylo; 11-01-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Should look up what it is to troll then
    Yeah alright.

Wikipedia-
    In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

I am just giving my honest opinion.
    Is your honest opinion you hate Olor? because that is what I took away from your post. If the point you were trying to get across is that delve is not hard you shouldn't have added the off-topic, extraneous, inflammatory insults. However if your intent was provoking an emotional response, then please take your dickery elsewhere.
    (3)

I guess you are contributing so much more to this thread right?
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4