Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    it's really not that bad, if you're undergeared to the point that difficult is out of the question then you're probably benefiting from chapters still on normal mode
    (0)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    How are you trying to form shout parties? Will you take anybody, or are your shouts always asking for the same specific jobs with minimum gear requirements? I tend to ignore shouts because they are always "119 rng, 4-song brd, o-chain pld", or what have you. Jobs they are looking for are jobs I have no interest in playing, much less gearing up to the accepted minimum. I would love to try the fights for the experience, but not enough to spend the time/gil to be accepted in a shout group.
    (2)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    How are you trying to form shout parties? Will you take anybody, or are your shouts always asking for the same specific jobs with minimum gear requirements? I tend to ignore shouts because they are always "119 rng, 4-song brd, o-chain pld", or what have you. Jobs they are looking for are jobs I have no interest in playing, much less gearing up to the accepted minimum. I would love to try the fights for the experience, but not enough to spend the time/gil to be accepted in a shout group.
    For Avatar primes, I usually shout for DD, GEO, BRD & WHM (and me being RUN). I only go with the RNG strategy for DM.

Also I could go with COR instead of GEO for Magus Roll.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kaeviathan; 10-24-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    I would suggest you're exaggerating about people shouting for a 4 song bard, I saw a friend shout for a RDM + 4 song bard in one shout but that's because we needed a 6th, he could do either of those jobs but both were needed. As for Ochain, such a common item it's only natural people expect a PLD to have one and RNG is the flavour job atm and any DD is expected to be top notch since everyone wants to be a DD nowadays.
    (0)

Character
    Jeanna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I've seen shout groups so desperate for a brd they'll take a 2 song >_> which seems kinda silly to me considering how easy terpander is to get, but eh.

That being said, some of these fights seem a lot easier than previous BCs. Just did Levi D with 4 people, whm nin cor and brd.
    (0)
    ★☆Taru Mule Extraordinnaire!☆★
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Odin/Calipso

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    I've said it once and I will say it again. They should make it so only one person uses a KI for each fight. Then you could do 6 fights on normal and get everyone a piece of gear; problem solved.
    This. Yea. This.
    (2)
    Last edited by Spectreman; 10-25-2014 at 06:09 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    I think the issue is that all drops are kinda "spread out", so your friends/ls member is only interested in specific drops in specific BC.

For example, my ls member asked in /l for AA MR all the time for the mask, but I don't need the mask, so I usually don't reply, since I'm saving merit on other BC.

On the other hand, I need AA EV ring, but whenever I asked my LS to do EV, they're always like "Why do you want to do EV? Let's do MR!" So in the end nobody do EV cuz they're saving their merit on MR.

Note that it's very, very easy to get ls member for delve/incursion runs, but BC is 20 times harder. So there's something clearly wrong with the BC.

Of course you can make a Higher tier BC static or something and do 1 round of event for everyone, but then you'd force ppl to spend merit on BC they don't need, and that dropped the interest cuz ppl nowadays kinda don't trust other ppl like lv 75 era anymore. A lot of ppl just wouldn't want to spend merit on a BC for lsmember/friends's item.

IMO, the entrance KI shouldn't be merit to begin with, it can be a pop KI that needs gil or time to farm, whoever want the BC item sponsor the pop, so other helpers just spend time instead of their precious merit.

Or maybe reward the helper a lot more than just paper, most ppl are capped with AF 119 so it's not an incentive anymore.
    (2)
    Last edited by Afania; 10-25-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    I think the issue is that all drops are kinda "spread out", so your friends/ls member is only interested in specific drops in specific BC.

For example, my ls member asked in /l for AA MR all the time for the mask, but I don't need the mask, so I usually don't reply, since I'm saving merit on other BC.

On the other hand, I need AA EV ring, but whenever I asked my LS to do EV, they're always like "Why do you want to do EV? Let's do MR!" So in the end nobody do EV cuz they're saving their merit on MR.

Note that it's very, very easy to get ls member for delve/incursion runs, but BC is 20 times harder. So there's something clearly wrong with the BC.

Of course you can make a Higher tier BC static or something and do 1 round of event for everyone, but then you'd force ppl to spend merit on BC they don't need, and that dropped the interest cuz ppl nowadays kinda don't trust other ppl like lv 75 era anymore. A lot of ppl just wouldn't want to spend merit on a BC for lsmember/friends's item.

IMO, the entrance KI shouldn't be merit to begin with, it can be a pop KI that needs gil or time to farm, whoever want the BC item sponsor the pop, so other helpers just spend time instead of their precious merit.

Or maybe reward the helper a lot more than just paper, most ppl are capped with AF 119 so it's not an incentive anymore.
    I don't mind the KI's taking merits. When Job Points came out I grinded them like crazy and capped out everything merit wise so now the only thing I can use merits for are these fights. So the fights still give merits a purpose because eventually every will run out of something they can merit. However I think everyone is in agreement. The fights should only require one person's KI.
    (1)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Comeatmebro View Post
    4. make a couple like-minded friends to cover key jobs

some of the bc are unpopular because they lack good drops(shadow lord comes to mind), but most are just not easy to win reliably in a pickup setting at higher difficulties..

normal mode bc drop gear <50% in my experience(.5 gear * .2 piece you want / 6 players = 62.5 runs on average to get a piece like ptica headgear on normal mode.. when other drops suck people tend to group seacom).. if only option is normal mode people start to see these items as unattainable and don't even bother

however, if you make a static group and can win difficult(doesn't even have to be vd for good drop result), you're looking at like (1.25 gear * .2 piece you want / 6 players = ~24 runs to get everyone their stuff).. key difference also being that in a set group once someone gets a drop they're no longer after it

these bcs favor linkshells, set groups, etc.. this is good design, mmorpg are meant to encourage grouping and if you have a good group it lowers time shouting and you can enjoy watching your group improve over time

I think Dray would approve of this.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    I don't mind the KI's taking merits. When Job Points came out I grinded them like crazy and capped out everything merit wise so now the only thing I can use merits for are these fights. So the fights still give merits a purpose because eventually every will run out of something they can merit. However I think everyone is in agreement. The fights should only require one person's KI.
    I don't think it's good to lower entrance requirement though, or else ppl would spam it more often. They should allow players to sponsor KI for helpers by spending more merits though. So say if entering 1 BC needs 15 merit, it's probably better if one person can trade 15 merit for some kind of pop item and trade it to the helpers. It'd be a lot easier to get ppl to help if they don't need to spend any merit to enter the BC.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast