Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Is Migawari: Ichi working as intended?

Was doing Odin II today, and got killed by the Zantetsuken Kai while my Migawari was still in effect.

Heres the following Information:

Current HP: 2,177

Used Migawari: Ichi
    Odin used Kaustra (Dealt 246 Damage)
    Odin Used Zantetsuken Kai (dealt a killing blow with a damage of 2,014).

Something wrong with the Ninjutsu, or do i not understand its concept well?
    (0)

Player
    Migawari doesn't stop death or death type moves and I believe Zantetsuken is or your Migawari wore off.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zerowin; 10-23-2014 at 04:07 PM.
    A time enjoyed is a time not wasted

Zantetsuken is indeed an instant death move, Zantetsuken Kai deals severe damage (95% of your max HP)

But for the other thing, yes, I think your Migawari may have worn off or accidentally canceled.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 10-23-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Zantetsuken is indeed an instant death move, Zantetsuken Kai deals severe damage (95% of your max HP)

But for the other thing, yes, I think your Migawari may have worn off or accidentally canceled.
    Thats' the thing, it did not wore off, or was it canceled. Not even 30 seconds passed when I used the spell.
    (0)

Am I correct if I say that you died at around 50%?

If so, it may have been Geirrothr that wiped your Migawari before Kai went off.
    (0)

It always does that 95% of your max HP, Kaustra probably brought you low enough to one shot.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    It always does that 95% of your max HP, Kaustra probably brought you low enough to one shot.
    I looked up information pertaining the difference between Odin I and Odin II. I remember going as Ninja for Odin I and farming the Earthern Abjuration: Body for my friends like 2-3 years ago. So, I found out that the attacks Odin II uses is not the same as the previous one (Zantesuken Kai VS Geirrothr). Geirrothr can be absorbed by Migawari, while the tier II version can't due to it not being able to negate attacks that are designed to set your HP to a certain value.

Well, I'm done doubting the ninjutsu spell. Thank you all.
    (0)

Uh, no. You're misinterpreting that one.

Attacks that leave you at a certain HP means throat stab like attacks.
    No matter if you're at 100, 70 or 20% HP when they hit, they won't kill you but will leave you at a set amount of HP.
    Migawari indeed doesn't stop those.

Kai on the other hand does damage equivalent to 95% of your total HP, which means that if you're at <95% HP, you're dead.
    And Geirrothr is 10k or more damage divided over the number of players it hits. (Like 10k needles)
    Migawari will block those depending on the damage they inflict.

My theory is that in the 30 seconds you thought you had Migawari up Odin did Geirrothr, which took Migawari and the unlucky Kaustra made Kai end you.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 10-23-2014 at 11:03 PM.

9. 10-29-2014 02:25 AM
    Reason
    Read the answer on the previous post ^^;